Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vintage Warn 3 Ring M2 Hubs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vintage Warn 3 Ring M2 Hubs
    Posted: 11 July 2019 at 5:52pm
For sale, 2 sets of fully restored and tested Warn 3 ring locking hubs. These fit the axels that have the snap rings. I completely took these apart, cleaned, sanded down the outer aluminum body to remove as many of the 50-60 years worth of dings and scrapes as possible, replaced the 2 O-rings which include the correct beveled one that goes around the brass knob. They were then taped off and the recessed area of the rings were painted black like originally and the brass dial was painted as originally with red dots and black wording. Note that at some time in the past, someone had used pliars or whatever to turn them when stiff. I did a little work to remove some edges, but choose not to get aggressive with removing metal. They were then greased and reassembled. I installed them on my 1958 CJ5 to test to make sure they engaged and disengaged correctly. The brass knobs now easily turn from Free to Locked and back. I choose NOT to clear coat them but you could easily do that. They come with a new Warn brand gasket between two halves of the body. I have attached pics of what they looked like when I got the batches. They were nasty and most did not turn freely. $250 per set.  Shipping is actual cost or can bring to FCT.

Typical batch before:

After (set 1):

After (set 2):

Edited by mickeykelley - 12 July 2019 at 7:04pm
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2019 at 4:24am
Hot day in Texas or did you just come in from the pool?  Big smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2019 at 3:06pm
I'm always bare footed.  Can't afford shoes because of jeep.TongueTongue

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2019 at 5:28am
Set 1 has sold.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2019 at 2:47am
Originally posted by mickeykelley mickeykelley wrote:

I'm always bare footed.  Can't afford shoes because of jeep.TongueTongue

N'yuk, n'yuk, n'yuk!  LOL
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
fcortez@ELP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fcortez@ELP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec. 2020 at 4:01pm
Still for Sale ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2020 at 3:25am
Yes both sets sold.  I have another couple sets to get cleaned up, painted and gone through.  However, it may be a couple months til I get to them if you can wait.  We are trying to get house ready to sell this spring and ton of stuff to do, plus it’s ski season and we only have so many left at our age so that’s a priority. 
 Post Reply Post Reply