Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Tech Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrading the T3-C hitch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrading the T3-C hitch
    Posted: 24 Aug. 2019 at 5:44pm
I'm looking to upgrade the hitch on my trailer to something that I can install a MaxCoupler (or similar) style hitch. I don't want to modify the frame rails or destroy any of the factory features.

Have any of you done this or know of a bolt-on option?

Also, will a Lunette style casting (see pic) from a M-416 fit a T3-C?

Edited by Bantman - 24 Aug. 2019 at 6:01pm
takesiteasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takesiteasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2019 at 8:43pm
As far as I know, the M-416 casting will not fit the Bantam- the angles are different.

I can insert any kind of coupler into the receiver, lunette, ball or multi-axis offroad type. I have in mind to do an offroad coupler at some point.

Bantman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug. 2019 at 3:32pm
I really like this idea, I just need to find the correct casting.
takesiteasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takesiteasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug. 2019 at 5:50pm
I think you could use the casting you have already. There are enough bolt connections to make it secure. The big bolt at the safety chains is probably strong enough by itself and there there are two bolts each side into the draw bars.
 Post Reply Post Reply