Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

E-BRAKE ASSEMBLY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E-BRAKE ASSEMBLY
    Posted: 09 Sep. 2019 at 5:10am
Looking for a E-brake assembly for a mid '60s  D-18 29 tooth X-fer case.  X-fer case has NO E brake parts so I need to find a complete set-up.

Would be great to find one near me here in Licoln, CA 95648.....ya right

thanks, jim

Edited by jeepsterjim - 09 Sep. 2019 at 5:28pm
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep. 2019 at 6:49am
D-20s didn't have a transfer case mounted E-brake.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep. 2019 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Some did. 
jeepsterjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep. 2019 at 5:51pm
I made a mistakeShocked must of been a "senior moment"
Updated the post to read having a D-18.

Jay, do you have a E-brake assembly????  If so, might be a fantastic excuse for me to visit My favorite pizza parlor in Napa.Smile
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep. 2019 at 3:12am
Originally posted by chasendeer chasendeer wrote:

Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Some did. 

I did not know that.  Ya learn something new every day, whether ya want to or not.  Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2019 at 5:05am
bump
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2019 at 3:26pm
There is a swap meet in Plymouth this week that may have one. It's at the 49er camp ground. Come Thursday or Friday if you can.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2019 at 4:10pm
Hi Jay
Darn!!! I was looking to going to the meet but did not realize it was this weekend. Not going to beable to go. Really need those parts.
Jim
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
Spinnas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinnas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2019 at 4:48pm
What's the difference between a 60s 29-tooth and one from say a 3A?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2019 at 2:53am
stronger version.....3a should be a 26 tooth and smaller diameter shaft.  The later 60's 29 tooth will bolt into the earlier version.
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2019 at 2:54am
Originally posted by Spinnas Spinnas wrote:

What's the difference between a 60s 29-tooth and one from say a 3A?

stronger version.....3a should be a 26 tooth and smaller diameter shaft.  The later 60's 29 tooth will bolt into the earlier version.
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
adam18830 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam18830 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2019 at 4:05pm
Arent the E brakes the same thoughout  the years? I think they are. Unless you have a M38. Where did a dana 20 come from,  You are talking about a model 18 correct?   Do you have the correct rear bearing retainer with the correct linkage arm on your case or is it missing? If it is missing do you have the speedo drive gear in there?

So if you want one for a model 18 with the short arm I might be able to help.  Might have ones with the longer arm too. May or may not have the correct speedo gear.

Adam                    

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2019 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by adam18830 adam18830 wrote:

Arent the E brakes the same thoughout  the years? I think they are. Unless you have a M38. Where did a dana 20 come from,  You are talking about a model 18 correct?   Do you have the correct rear bearing retainer with the correct linkage arm on your case or is it missing? If it is missing do you have the speedo drive gear in there?

So if you want one for a model 18 with the short arm I might be able to help.  Might have ones with the longer arm too. May or may not have the correct speedo gear.

Adam                    

the D-20 came a typo and I edited  to read a D-18.  This D-18 HAD a E-brake assembly on it but the seller wanted more money for the unit. I bought this D-18 over 20 years ago and is a NOS 29 tooth D-18 that was still banded on a small palette. 

Not sure which linkage is needed.  If there is a advantage  in using the long arm over the short, that might be good. Which ever one I get, it needed to be a complete unit. This X-fer is going into a stock '47 2A.

Am interested in your E-brake assembly. 
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
 Post Reply Post Reply