Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kelley hardtop glass seals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siskiwit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kelley hardtop glass seals
    Posted: 06 Oct. 2019 at 9:57pm
I just got back from purchasing a perfect Kelley hardtop. Has original window cranks and door latches right down to the original green safety glass in the doors. It needs new rear window seals or whatever they are called around them. Does anybody have a line on where to purchase some new ones? I did a quick search on line and couldn’t find any. I’m thinking maybe some older heavy equipment places are the place to look but I thought I’d ask here first.
'48 2a - '46 2a - '54 3b - '70 cj5 and a bunch of accessories.
BGarth13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BGarth13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2019 at 12:05am
Steele Rubber will most likely have something 
Siskiwit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siskiwit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2019 at 12:19am
Thanks I’ll check it out.
Teds Ride View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teds Ride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2019 at 1:32am
My local glass shop has rubber channel material. I will use it when I change my cab side windows. So far they have replaced the glass in my windshield and the rear glass on my half cab. Check out your local shops.
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2019 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Teds Ride Teds Ride wrote:

My local glass shop has rubber channel material. I will use it when I change my cab side windows. So far they have replaced the glass in my windshield and the rear glass on my half cab. Check out your local shops.

This! X2.

There are at least three glass shops in town here that I would try before I ordered window items on-line.
For one I can see & touch the product before I reach for my wallet. I also have window knowledgeable folks to talk with. Both of these set my mind at ease &, to me at least, it is well worth any extra money that I may have to pay. Although, the price is often less than what I would have paid on-line if one includes shipping & handling costs. Lastly these folks are my neighbors, so it helps the local economy.

I have had windows made & installed for some of my Willys wagons & pickups. The work was exceptional, timely & inexpensive.

If you have no good glass shops, try the truck repair shops. That glass in not unlike the windows in some semi s. Body shops may also be of help with this, at least they will know who to talk with.

IHTH, Cpt Logger.
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2019 at 3:37pm
If you have any decent sized Dump Truck outfits around you could call and ask who they have do their work. I would guess with out 21 dump trucks we replace at least 3-4 windshields every year not counting all the various equipment windows. We have a couple of young guys that have a mobile auto glass business come in and do ours EXCELLENT work.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Siskiwit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siskiwit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2019 at 11:17pm
I got a catalog from steel rubber. Good selection of anything a guy would ever need. Gonna put it on role for when needed. Thanks for the suggestion.
 Post Reply Post Reply