Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

suspension lean

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
47-old-red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47-old-red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: suspension lean
    Posted: 20 Nov. 2019 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

I usually handle the lean on my rig by getting in it and driving it. Still leans but I’m having so much fun I can’t bring myself to care about the Lean. 
Sometimes if I walk by it in the garage and it# leaning, and I notice, I’ll shake the roll bar a little until it doesn’t lean so much. Pretty cheap and even a terrible mechanic like me can do it successfully.

i like this
fun out-weighs a lot
lol
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2019 at 8:51pm
I usually handle the lean on my rig by getting in it and driving it. Still leans but I’m having so much fun I can’t bring myself to care about the Lean. 
Sometimes if I walk by it in the garage and it# leaning, and I notice, I’ll shake the roll bar a little until it doesn’t lean so much. Pretty cheap and even a terrible mechanic like me can do it successfully.
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2019 at 8:39pm
I don't plan on having CHUG sitting around long enough to worry about heavy side lean. LOL Course I have a HUGE Series 31 Battery, Air compressor, and will have a very well stuffed tool box all on the Right. And a Tubing header and aluminum intake manifold on the left and with a heavier Steering Box and mount.My Alternator and Starter both weigh less then the stock monsters. So who knows untilits done.

I doubt I will notice the lean from the drivers seat. LOL
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2019 at 8:19pm
I added a full-length leaf to my left rear spring pack and also put a KYB gas pressurized shock on that corner.  That combo helped a lot.  This was about 4 years ago.

Jack Sprat grew way too fat, 
His jeep began to lean; 
So he lost some weight and fixed his spring, 
They're now a mean jeep team
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47-old-red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov. 2019 at 4:18am

lol

thanks for the link
sounds like this is an OEM "feature " to have....

yeah the guy i bought this from had a 10 leaf on the driverside and 9 on the passenger side... and it still leaned!
and now i have 2 brand new 9 leafs... still leans

i think i may need that drop spacer on the passenger side then.....
like this guy made

Edited by 47-old-red - 15 Nov. 2019 at 7:29am
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov. 2019 at 2:53am
I put an 11 leaf spring on the drivers rear.  Left the passenger side with a standard nine.  It sits level now.
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov. 2019 at 1:40am
If you put the spacer on the driver side it will lean worse as you will essentially be putting a lowering block there....(unless you have done a spring over)

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov. 2019 at 1:01am
Keep your old springs for spares

and search google for the jeep lean answer which has eluded so many of us over the years and we all get used to it.

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47-old-red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2019 at 11:47pm
Hi all

i just put new springs on my jeep and it leans to the driver side about 1".... it leaned BEFORE i did the springs too.
i think its just the driver side rear... but its kind of annoying.

im thinking of just throwing a spacer block in there on the river rear, and calling it "fixed" but have any of you had this issue too?
what resolved it for you?

thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply