Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2020! - Event Date: 20 Sep. 2020 - 26 Sep. 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2020 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

The guy who claims he's not a hoarder has a tub with about a dozen distributors in it.  This is the same guy who, a few years ago, posted a pic of his pyramid of overdrive bowl gears.  I think someone needs to adjust his definition of "hoarding"...  Big smile

That's not hoarding, that's "inventory".
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2020 at 9:48am
Originally posted by RICKG RICKG wrote:

The guy who claims he's not a hoarder has a tub with about a dozen distributors in it.  This is the same guy who, a few years ago, posted a pic of his pyramid of overdrive bowl gears.  I think someone needs to adjust his definition of "hoarding"...  Big smile

Exactly!  When you own several old Jeeps, you need inventory to keep them all running.  It's all about spare parts.  Each old Jeep owner is authorized to maintain an inventory of spare parts that may be needed to keep his or her Jeep running.  And they should be ready to install.  Looking at that photo I think Joe Friday might be saving a few of those distributors for a Saturday-work-day to clean and repair them.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2020 at 9:53pm
Oh, well, I only own the one old Jeep.  Although, I will have owned the YJ for 31 years at the end of this month.  When will it count as an "old" Jeep?  Big smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2020 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

Exactly!  When you own several old Jeeps, you need inventory to keep them all running.  It's all about spare parts.  Each old Jeep owner is authorized to maintain an inventory of spare parts that may be needed to keep his or her Jeep running.  And they should be ready to install.  Looking at that photo I think Joe Friday might be saving a few of those distributors for a Saturday-work-day to clean and repair them.  

Kind of like the Prescribed Load List in the Army, right Mike?

46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2020 at 1:18am
Well, In my defense, that wasn't a pyramid, it was a christmas tree, complete with lights.
That  tree is shorter and lopsided because I dispositioned some of those gears to others in need, and used others to install in other Jeeps I service.

What I didn't mention was that I also found my missing carbs and carb base spares that I had bushings installed in. I donated one of the YF carbs and one of the WO carbs to the parts spares at the TDR, and since the YF is not in the box I assume it made it onto a Jeep at the color tour at some point. As Mike says, keep 'em running.

Edited by Joe Friday - 23 Mar. 2020 at 1:38am
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2020 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A wrote:

Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

Kind of like the Prescribed Load List in the Army, right Mike?

YES!  Exactly!  Got to have your PLL full or your equipment could get redlined for maintenance.  We don't want that happening.  So keep your spares safe, and ready to use. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2020 at 8:53pm
Sounds like I have to get another trailer for FCT that will carry two jeeps. "Joey and a complete spare parts jeep with all parts being in usable condition. That would give me a good PLL just in case. Always be prepared!    
bokesjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokesjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar. 2020 at 2:17pm
Mike did you receive any new registrations last week
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar. 2020 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by bokesjeep bokesjeep wrote:

Mike did you receive any new registrations last week

I did, and I'm delinquent in reporting it.  And I've received registrations this week as well, so I'll just do a complete listing of all forms received since March 15th.  I've got four to report; Schiefer, Ralls, Huffaker, and Johnson.  All experienced hands here at FCT.  So far I've received 42 registrations.  A few of these are questionable and will require some fact-checking on my part to see if they really are going to attend.   We've got just over a month to go before we hold the lottery, but if our count stays under 50 then everyone will be able to come - WITH A JEEP!!   
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Chicodave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicodave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar. 2020 at 1:59am
I got a friend with a non-flat finder bone stock m38a1 that might be interested in attending if allowed. 
1949 CJ3a "Crap Game"
1951 Willys Truck
1950 Studebaker 2R5
1952 Chevy 3100 5 window
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar. 2020 at 12:49pm
Chicodave, I will not say he can't bring his M38A1, but I would PREFER that the Jeeps that come are true flat fender models.  He earns points in my view for having a stock M38A1.  I do admire when folks maintain their Jeeps in a stock, or near stock condition.  I also like to share this event with new folks to give them a chance to enjoy the event and the environment we play in.  So in his case I will say yes, he can bring it - because it's an M38A1, and it's stock, and he's new to the event.  My hope is that in future years he'd come with a flatty, either as an owner or a passenger.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Chicodave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicodave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar. 2020 at 2:19pm
Thanks I will let him know. Big smile
1949 CJ3a "Crap Game"
1951 Willys Truck
1950 Studebaker 2R5
1952 Chevy 3100 5 window
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar. 2020 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Chicodave Chicodave wrote:

Thanks I will let him know. Big smile

He'll feel right at home next to my stock M38..
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2020 at 1:47pm
Y'know Muley, if you ever decide to sell OD Mule, I'm sure Blue Mule would be more than happy to have OD as a stable-mate.  Jus' sayin'.  

On to our regularly scheduled Sunday report of registrations found for this past week.  I have two, Fuller and Gibson.  Both are well known members of the Flat Fender Community, although one has only put in a cameo appearance at a past FCT.  I'm glad to say that he was finally able to break away to take in the full week of adventure.   Our count now stands at 44, but the investigation into some possible "mistaken identities" continues.  A "person of interest" was interviewed just yesterday.  More to come.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2020 at 4:19pm
Seams that some folks are all ways trying some type of shenanigans.  Mike get out your Sherlock hat and pipe so you can get to the bottom of the subterfuge.
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2020 at 5:46pm
Mike,  May your investigative abilities find the truth or at least give all a good laugh when the story comes out.  Good luck, Mike
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2020 at 5:59pm
We all have a pretty good ideer "who dunnit.." https://youtu.be/vtSmfws0_To
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2020 at 5:35pm
We received 3 registrations this week. Fitch, Gonzalez, and White.  Again all experienced hands at Fall Color Tours.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 32>