Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2020! - Event Date: 20 Sep. 2020 - 26 Sep. 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 32>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2020 at 5:55am
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2020 at 9:49pm
Boy does that trip look like fun! Looks like you had great weather. I need to go next year and that's all there is to it.
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Ron"
'66 CJ5 "Buckie"
The less the Power the More the Force
flatfender47 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatfender47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2020 at 5:05am
Walked in the door an hour ago.
1085 miles and 20 hours, one way from TDR.

Thanks Nancy and Mike for a great week.

What are the dates for next year ?...(ducking)
1947 CJ2A 225V6 SM420 D30 PLok/D44 D/Locker Warn OD 5:38s
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2020 at 11:09am
Originally posted by flatfender47 flatfender47 wrote:

Walked in the door an hour ago.
1085 miles and 20 hours, one way from TDR.

Thanks Nancy and Mike for a great week.

What are the dates for next year ?...(ducking)

Long journey, glad to see you made it safely.  You're welcome.

Don't duck, stand tall.  You provided me a great lead-in to let everyone know that I will create a new thread during the first week of January, 2021, for next year's FCT.  I will publish the dates at that time.  I will announce the lottery dates for deciding who can attend.  And if I have any new ideas for changes I will talk about them then.  I will publish the list of routes we will follow in July, after we (Ron, Bruce, and I) have had a chance to explore any new routes we'd like to include.  We have over 20 different routes that we have used in the past, but there are other possible routes we have not included yet in our annual minimum list of 10 routes.  We will offer at least 10 routes each year, 2 each day, from which you can pick the 5 you want to follow.  Sometimes we'll offer 3 routes in one day. But all of that will be revealed next July.  

So watch in the events section in January for the dates for next September.  I will guarantee you that FCT will be in September. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2020 at 2:03pm
Mike, Bruce, Ron, Nancy, and others that helped keep Ol' Red on the trail...a big THANK YOU for a great time even though my brother and I had to cut it short because of an event in Chama, NM.

The broken alternator bracket repair worked fine but I ran out of gas while un-trailering Ol' Red at home.

The "Secret Squirrel" route back from Sargents was the highlight of our time there and should be included in the next years routes, in my opinion. I would like to take the same route up the mountain some time.

To the fellow flatfenders that helped us out on the way back from Buena Vista when we overheated, A BIG THANKS! We removed the thermostat the next morning before hitting the trail and had no problems. After getting home I checked the thermostat and it had died. .

Had a great time with great people that live and breathe jeep. It doesn't get much better than that.

Thank you all...

Now I have to get busy fabricating a new alternator bracket...hope to make the lottery cut for next year...
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

WalrusGumboot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WalrusGumboot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2020 at 2:51pm
What a wonderful event for this first timer - despite the fact that we had to swap out a T90 on Monday night.  Maximum thanks to Mike, Nancy, Bruce and Ron and all of the volunteers.  Nancy, I hope you guys liked the zucchini bread.  If I get my MB done I might just have to try and apply for next year.  Thanks again.  
Neil
Chicodave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicodave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2020 at 8:44pm

Mike and Crew,

Thank you for hosting this great event. Had a grand time and enjoyed everyone we got to meet.

1949 CJ3a "Crap Game"
1951 Willys Truck
1950 Studebaker 2R5
1952 Chevy 3100 5 window
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2020 at 11:06am
What a great event!!! Fun times with friends in the beautiful mountains of Colorado. Thanks Mike and Nancy for making this happen every year. Also thanks to all the other people who help out in many ways.
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2020 at 12:06pm
Here's a selection of photos from this FCT. The first one is the 101st Airborne Memorial Cabin on the ridge between South Cottonwood Creek and Chalk Creek. I thought having a WW2 Jeep parked in front seemed very appropriate. 

When disaster strikes, Jeep owners get creative.  On one of our rides the bracket holding the alternator broke.  This creative Jeeper found a wedge-shaped piece of wood to jam in between the alternator and the block to keep tension on the fan belt.  It held all the way back to the ranch. 

Does anyone recognize this lodge?  It's Bristlecone Lodge on Mt. Princeton, at just over 12,000 feet elevation. 

Evening aren't just for turning wrenches.  Here we see jpet and tumbleweed doing some pickin' and grinnin' as they entertain us in the shop. 

Here's the Friday lineup on Boyd's Lookout on the Grand Ride up Aspen Ridge. 

And once in a while we'd take a little time to just goof off and try a different style of Willys.  This hotrod was a hoot to drive.  Thanks Ward for bringing it to FCT! 

I'm hoping that other folks who attended this year will take some time to post up some of their photos as well.  

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2020 at 2:08am
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2020 at 2:16am
Having issues posting pictures
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
TN21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TN21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2020 at 2:22am
First and foremost.  THANK YOU MIKE AND TEAM! for hosting an amazing event.  Also thank you to everyone else that was extremely welcoming to a first timer.  I had a great time meeting everyone I could, jeeping, wrenching, and learning a ton from the many years of experience and knowledge that was at the event.  Words cannot express the flat fender community out there, amazing people helping each other, tossing parts and tools to eachother to use, lending a hand at all hours of the day and night, and the trail guides and other seasoned veterans helping everyone have the time of their life out there on the trails and getting them home safley.  

Best,
Todd

A link to some of the obstacles from Chinaman Gulch I went on Thursday.  

And a link to a google pic album.  Feel free to download and use any of the pictures or videos.

‘46 CJ-2A/3A
‘62 FC-150
‘12 JK
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2020 at 2:28am
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2020 at 4:57am
Many thanks to all of you who attended and posted photos and videos. The rest of us live vicariously through your adventures!
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2020 at 2:52pm
Lew, if you past the "Hotlink for forums" url from your PostImage page it will show up directly in the forum without needing any extra clicks. Just click the "share" button them copy the url.
Here's a couple of  yours.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2020 at 3:53pm
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2020 at 6:39pm
Ok, ill try that.  Thanks!
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2020 at 8:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 32>