Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2020! - Event Date: 20 Sep. 2020 - 26 Sep. 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:57am
No Tom, I've got nothing to do with the search. And I'm glad I don't.  I don't think it's going to have a good ending, if there is an ending.  We hear about it every day in the local news.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 11:44am
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 1:02pm
SE Kansas CJ2A, This document shows that the county is trying to open up to visitors, and reopen businesses and recreation for everyone.  That is a good thing for us.  Because the fewer restrictions there are, the more likely we'll be able to have FCT run like it has in the past.  The county has expanded their ability to test for, and deal with, Covid-19 patients.  I'm hopeful that no one will bring Covid-19 to FCT, and that no one will catch it while they're here.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
bokesjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokesjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2020 at 5:46pm
What’s going on everybody? Last year we had 28 pages of posts, this year only 13 with the last post being May 25th. With everything going on, I’m ready for some motivation. Is the event for sure going to happen? Has everyone got their flatfenders squared away. I developed a huge oil leak from somewhere. I’m the process of pulling engine, transmission and transfer case. I am also going to update the front brakes to discs. If anyone has any helpful hints I’d appreciate hearing them. Let’s get rockin.
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2020 at 9:05pm
Working hard on spring projects, trying to get them done before they become summer projects.   
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 12:22am
Originally posted by 64CJ5 64CJ5 wrote:

Working hard on spring projects, trying to get them done before they become summer projects.   

You blinked......it’s summer already. 
Chicodave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicodave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 3:38am
Built a new front bumper and used some m151 mutt hooks.  Slowly getting old "Crap Game" ready. Lots to do..😁

1949 CJ3a "Crap Game"
1951 Willys Truck
1950 Studebaker 2R5
1952 Chevy 3100 5 window
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 11:58am
bokesjeep, and everyone, we are still planning to hold the FCT in mid September.  I am watching the rules that Colorado is imposing to control the coronavirus to make sure we can work within those rules.  I don't want the Sheriff coming out and telling us to all go home.  Ron, Bruce, and I will talk in July and make the final decision on "Go" or "No Go".  At this time we are planning on everyone showing up and we'll have a grand time.  The one big change so far is we've decided not to have the pot luck dinner on Thursday night.  That would be the one time when anyone with Covid-19 could pass it on to everyone else.  We think that for most of the rest of our activities, we can use social spacing effectively.  Nancy and I have started to buy hand sanitizer and isopropyl alcohol to have it available for everyone to use.  Donations of either item will gladly be accepted.

Locally the restaurants are opening back up for sit down dining.  The hotels and motels are also opening up.  Speaking of which, I just had an interesting experience.  I just finished with a 3 week "fire" assignment to help build out an "Alternate Care Site" at the Colorado Convention Center in downtown Denver.  The state leased the convention center thru January 2021 and built a 600 bed hospital to care for corona virus patients.  The state rented rooms in the Hilton Garden Suites Hotel near the convention center for those of us who live outside the commuting area.  The Hilton's policy right now is that their maids do not service your room while you are staying there.  So while you're staying there you have to bag your own trash, change your own sheets, swap out your own towels, clean your own dishes. I never in my life thought that I would ever be a maid in a Hilton Hotel, but I was for the last 3 weeks. 

The local hotels will service and sanitize your room after you leave so it's clean and safe for the next person to stay there.  And in case you're wondering, no I will not change your sheets or wash your dishes while you are here at FCT.  I'm such a lousy maid that I even complained about my service to myself while at the Hilton.  Anyway, I've got some interesting stories and photos that I could share with anyone who's interested.  

Edited by m38mike - 14 June 2020 at 12:03pm
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2020 at 2:40am
A little update from above the 49th as we are watching the numbers decline and measures being revised. Currently at level 2 which means we can go out to eat but has to only be a two drink limit and other restrictions. Went out with a co-worker when out of town for work to a roof top patio and that was a strange but safe experience (it smelled of alcohol and not from our drinks). We are watching on June 21st what will happen if the USA/CAN boarder will be open for personal travel or another month delay. Last week of June is the week to go and get the Willys from B.C. and bring it back to Alberta. Then if all goes well some local trips and see how the situation is in August and plan for September.  
Serial #106163 Body#106168 1947 CJ2A "SLOW TUG"
Chicodave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicodave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2020 at 3:49am
We just had "retro blast" car show in Bridgeport Tx.  75% capacity in the restaurant and every thing else seemed normal. Had about 140 car show up. We all had a great time.
1949 CJ3a "Crap Game"
1951 Willys Truck
1950 Studebaker 2R5
1952 Chevy 3100 5 window
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 11:30am
I think I've finally got the Blue Mule running and working like I've wanted it to for many years now.  I've got the Fuel Injection running smoothly and working reliably.  It's been great to have for bouncing over rough and rocky roads.  And lately we added disc brakes all the way around to give it stopping power.  I was having to pump the brakes to get them to stop me, and it seemed that no amount of adjustment got rid of the need to pump.  So we replaced the drums with discs and it sure makes a big difference.  I still have the original one chamber master cylinder, but the plan is to replace it with a dual chamber master cylinder later this year or early next year.  We gotta do some research first to see which MC is the best one to use.  I'd be happy to hear from anyone else who's replaced drums with discs to find out what MC you're using and how it's working for you.  

To celebrate the changes we went jeeping with a few friends for a few days and had a grand time. Dry weather, good trails, and the Blue Mule ran like it should.  I'm a happy camper now.  Nancy and I are getting anxious to see all of our old friends and meet some new friends here at Thirsty Dirt Ranch for the FCT in 2.5 months.  Our plans are moving ahead well for making this a "Covid-19 resistant event".
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 3:05pm

Many years ago I converted my 2A to 11 inch drum brakes along with Herms Dual M/C. What a difference!  About 3 years ago I saw a Wilwood Dual M/C setup at your FCT. The cool thing about it was the two remote M/C mounted on the firewall. A lot easier than crawling around on the floor trying to get to the original location. especially for people whose girth has expanded like us

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 8:22am
Mike,
I used a Wilwood dual reservoir MC in the original location with the two reservoirs mounted on the firewall.  I have no proportioning valve or residual valves in the system.  My brakes work fantastic.  I did fabricate a bracket for mounting it to the frame.  Here’s a link to the MC on Wilwood’s website.  You can find this kit cheaper at Summit Racing and probably other places as well.

You can call me, if you have questions.

Rick 
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
19willys51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19willys51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2020 at 2:59pm
Hi would love to head out there. So has the lottery taken place yet? If so are there extra spots. My schedule is so hard to plan in advance. Thank you. 
Robert
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2020 at 9:19pm
Looking forward to the trip. I'm bringing my dad with me and want to show him a bit of Moab. Is there anyone going that way at all during the week?

It looks like I'm bringing the 'Sub, although I haven't started the F-head/T98 swap yet... It's been a busy summer.
uncamoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncamoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2020 at 9:58pm
Have fun there. I spent many days there. The last trip was father/son weekend. The boys set up camp and did all the cooking and beer delivery. My father just sat there with a huge grin. My father died before the next summer. Mikes father wondered if we would ever do it again. 

Mom, honest, the computer ate what I typed.
I used to spend  a fair amount of time there.
The time I remember the best was a father/son trip. The "boys" did all of camp set up and cooking. Oh yeah, we had to deliver the beers.
Dad just sat there with a big grin.

a
john
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2020 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by 19willys51 19willys51 wrote:

Hi would love to head out there. So has the lottery taken place yet? If so are there extra spots. My schedule is so hard to plan in advance. Thank you. 

Yes the lottery took place on May 1st. The primary list is full, but I can still take registrations for the Alternate list.  On page one of this discussion there is a link to the registration form.  If you'd like to be added to the alternate list, please fill out the registration form and send it to me.  Then if we have folks who drop off the primary list, I'll contact folks on the alternate list to replace them.  

Thank you for your interest.  I hope we get to see you here. 

Mike
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 1:18pm
Mike, Can you please give us a list of stuff you might be light on in the shop. I know that during the FCT the shop can get quite a workout keeping every one running. If we know what you need we can all pitch in a little to restock the shop. Thanks, Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 32>