Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Central PA Winter trail ride - Event Date: 16 Feb. 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Central PA Winter trail ride
    Posted: 05 Jan. 2020 at 3:48pm
There will be a small winter ride next month.... A lot of the details will depend on the weather. Right now there is little to no snow on the ground....but that can change drastically in the next 5-6 weeks. I will update things as we get closer. It will be chilly, so we will stick to all back roads and trails. Your jeep will need to be road legal. As of right now we are planning on leaving around 9:30am and wrapping up by 3:30

Edited by Millennium falcon - 18 Feb. 2020 at 10:59pm
WKWillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WKWillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2020 at 9:03pm
Seth,
If I can sort out a minor alternator issue, and that date aligns with my (ugly) work calendar, I'd be interested in joining you. My '48 (Old Snakeskin) is road worthy and PA inspected/titled/licensed, so I'm ready to go for the most part.
John

'48 CJ2a "Snakeskin"
'50 M38 "Thunder from Heaven"
'52 M38a1 "Patina"
'47 T3c
'48 T3c
'52 M100
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2020 at 3:13am
John, awesome! I hope you can make it! 
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2020 at 12:00pm
Sounds like fun!  I'll put it on my calendar and hope weather and work cooperate.
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2020 at 3:44pm
Sweet! I’m hoping it all works out so you can make it! 
Chrisyoung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2020 at 3:14pm
Do you have a place you are going to meet and date please let me know thanks 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2020 at 1:12am
Yes! I need to update my original post. The date is February 16th. We will plan to meet at 9:30-10:00am. The weather will dictate where we meet. Will likely be at my house or somewhere near there.

Edited by Millennium falcon - 19 Feb. 2020 at 3:58am
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2020 at 2:00am
Seth, just to confirm, this is Sunday Feb 16th of Valentine's Day weekend, yes?
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2020 at 2:11am
Yes, Sunday February the 16th most of us were free and had the long weekend for Presidents’ Day. 
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2020 at 3:44am
I am interested if weather works out.   (if lots of snow on trails,  but none on trip up and back LOL)   It would be a 5 hour trip, each way, for me.

Wilson has not seen much snow in years.   (ironically the first test drive involved 6" of heavy snow during part of the drive,  where I bought it in Garrett Co. MD,  30 years ago)    Since then,  I have only driven around the trails in our woods for the fun of it,  when we get a decent snow, which is not often.

Hope it works out.
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2020 at 3:59am
I'm really interested.  The stars would have to align, but if there's a chance to wheel with you and Ron I'll have to make some effort!  I would likely head up the night before and get a room somewhere.  I need to be back and be at work Monday morning.  Some of us are really busy when all the kids are off school!
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2020 at 11:21am
Same here. If the stars somehow align, I'm in.
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2020 at 11:43am
I'm off on Monday (I hope), so don't need to rush back.  But it will be travel weather and work dependent.  Is there a reasonable motel nearby that those of us who travel could all stay at?
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan. 2020 at 11:23pm
Sweet! Im excited with the possibility of several people coming! I will post a list of contacts for lodging in the area. Stay tuned! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2020 at 12:59am
Sorry for the delay... Ive  Ive been trying to come up with locations for people that want to lodge nearby... I live 20 minutes or so from the nearest town.  to the north of us is Williamsport, South is Lewisburg, west is lock haven. All are between 15 and 30 minutes from where we will be starting our ride. Williamsport being the closest and offers the most food, motels, etc....  ''

Im sure you all have already done some searching but here are some places to consider. 

This hampton is about 15 mins away and has lots of parking for trailers and lots of food nearby. 

Heres another option. trailer parking may be a little more limited here. and has a sheetz and burger king within walking distance. 

Csawyer78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Csawyer78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2020 at 11:08am
As long as buttercup doesn't pull some shenanigans between now and then,  I'm in! Looking forward to getting out on some new ground.  Thumbs Up
WKWillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WKWillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2020 at 12:24pm
Still on my calendar, IF I can get my charging issue sorted out!

Really want to meet you guys; enjoy reading your stuff on the forum.

If I can't get Ol' Snakeskin runnin' right, anyone up for a right-seater?

John

'48 CJ2a "Snakeskin"
'50 M38 "Thunder from Heaven"
'52 M38a1 "Patina"
'47 T3c
'48 T3c
'52 M100
TN21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TN21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2020 at 5:52pm
I’ll be there!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>