Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3-C dimensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bantman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T3-C dimensions
    Posted: 15 Jan. 2020 at 12:50am
Rus, thanks so much for this information! This will definitely be a good place to start.

I haven't had a chance to go through a lot of it yet but it looks like there's a bunch of really cool information here.

These little trailers are pretty simple in design and will be pretty easy to measure most features with a tape. It is definitely easier to get bolt hole locations and angled features from drawings though.

I'll check out the list of pdf drawing files to see if there's anything that will be helpful.

Again, Thanks so much.
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2020 at 11:57pm
The only bound information I know of on these Bantam trailers is the manual for the military T3 (most components are the same).  You can download a copy here:

If you're comfortable with simple drafting tools, you should be able to extract much of what you want - then using your trailer to verify the numbers.  You could also pay for the .pdf files on the jeepdraw page for the sections you are interested in and have even more to work with.
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
Bantman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2020 at 1:32am
Hello all,
I looking for some literature or drawings/blueprints that show the dimensions of the T3-C trailers. I have found a few drawings on the internet with some basic dimension IE: widths, lengths, height, etc. But I'm really looking for something that is more detailed. Something that shows angles on bed sides, tailgate details, ribs in floor and side panels, also details of frame components such as rails, spring hangers, tongue angles, etc.

I'm looking for this information for a project that I'm working on. I'm trying to design a T3-C trailer assembly in my CAD software and while I could go out measure these features on my trailer, it would sure be a lot nicer and less time consuming to have something like factory specs to design this from.

Any information or helpful knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply