Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1946 CJ2A

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brentmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1946 CJ2A
    Posted: 18 Jan. 2020 at 11:02pm
Well after about 3 years I finally talked my father-in-law out of his CJ2A. She is gonna need a lot of tlc but I’m excited to get started on it. Googling parts and info has led me here several times so I feel like I’m in a good spot. Included is a few pics I took today. Wish me luck because this is my first vehicle rebuild......ever. 

Edited by Brentmac - 19 Jan. 2020 at 3:37am
CT48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CT48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2020 at 1:00am
I fixed the front pic so I could see the winch and the holes where parking lights go. I am not up on differences, but the grille holes make me think it is earlier than 1948.

Hope to hear that the motor is not stuck or badly cracked. These Jeeps are mostly fun projects as they are so small and easy to work on.

Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2020 at 1:03am
Well you will have plenty to keep you busy! FIL let it get a bit scruffy.

The before and after photos will be amazing. Can't wait to follow along. Have you got plans yet? Whats the goal? Looks like it will weigh a bit less once you get that Derrick Winch off the front of it LOL.

What ever do not be afraid or hesitate to ask any questions we think we have all the answers LOL.

Welcome
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2020 at 2:34am
Welcome to the page, Brentmac!  You've got a bit of work ahead of you, but it's all part of the charm of the flatfender Jeep...  Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Brentmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brentmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2020 at 3:28am
Thanks!! I checked the dash plate and the S/N is 32051. It’s looking like it’s a ‘46. Clearing some shop space out this week so hopefully it won’t be too long before I can start updating 
Brentmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brentmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2020 at 3:32am
Originally posted by Mark W. Mark W. wrote:

Well you will have plenty to keep you busy! FIL let it get a bit scruffy.

The before and after photos will be amazing. Can't wait to follow along. Have you got plans yet? Whats the goal? Looks like it will weigh a bit less once you get that Derrick Winch off the front of it LOL.

What ever do not be afraid or hesitate to ask any questions we think we have all the answers LOL.

Welcome

Oh yeah gonna have to definitely pull that big hunk of iron off the front. My FIL originally got it because that’s what he worked on while serving in the Army. Since then he’s beat 2 different types of cancer and all the issues that go along with that. I’m planning on going back with the ole GI style. I’ll be keeping y’all updated 
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2020 at 4:10am
Welcome aboard and have fun working on your Jeep .Don’t hesitate to ask questions.

Giles
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
 Post Reply Post Reply