Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > CJ2A Page Member Created Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clip on WILLYS step

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davemacinnh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2020 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by cpt logger cpt logger wrote:

Originally posted by Millennium falcon Millennium falcon wrote:

Absolutely! We've tested them with an "ample" jeep friend... lol. The step didnt waver a bit! 

Yeah, but how does the Willys sheet metal handle it? Will it bend over time?

If the welds are good that step should handle at least 1,000 lbs.

The sheet metal will rot out over time. Your springs will probably sag too over time. Tires might get dry rotted over time.  Seats will get a little worn over time. If you don’t take care of your Jeep a lot of things will happen. If your sheet metal is rotted and soft it will bend. You should buy one and step on it like 1000 times and report back to everyone on how your sheet metal held up. 
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2020 at 8:07pm
Dave Mac - Is this your step? Did you make them? I just want to understand.... From the tone of your posts, you seem very defensive? It's very difficult to infer someones emotions through text, so I'm just asking.... What's the deal? Why not let the OP answer the questions about his product?
Geoff
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
davemacinnh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davemacinnh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2020 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by ggordon49 ggordon49 wrote:

Dave Mac - Is this your step? Did you make them? I just want to understand.... From the tone of your posts, you seem very defensive? It's very difficult to infer someones emotions through text, so I'm just asking.... What's the deal? Why not let the OP answer the questions about his product?
Geoff
The question was already asked and the answer already given. Seth is supplying a simple solution to an everyday annoyance. But if you look back through the comments he get bombarded with , so this do that etc. someone already brought up the worry about the sheet metal and to be honest if it was a genuine concern that it was going to happen, he wouldn’t be selling them. People don’t like to do their research and also love to explain how they would have or you should have done it differently. I was simply stating that anything, if left I maintained, is going to show signs of wear or damage. No tone, just facts
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2020 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by davemacinnh davemacinnh wrote:

.....You should buy one and step on it like 1000 times and report back to everyone on how your sheet metal held up. 

I dunno...this sounds like a little 'tone'.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2020 at 8:24pm
I understand, thank you.... I see it differently. I see people are just trying to help a fellow member out by giving there suggestions. Some of the people commenting have 30, 40 years of experience with this stuff... I do not believe anyone is trying to put down the product or be negative...
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
WKWillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WKWillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2020 at 8:31pm
Hi everyone,

I bought two steps from Seth, one for my Cj2A and one for my M38.

Why? To help me lug my elderly patoot into the driver seat, just like they were intended to.

They work great!!! Well designed and executed.  And although I'm not a 250-300 pounder, I am no lightweight.  They hold me up well, don't bend my sheet metal, and look like they'll last a long time. And there's plenty of room in the back of the jeeps to lug them around, even if they do rattle a little (but no more than any of the other components in my rigs.)

I like them.  Just what the doctor ordered.  Well done Seth!!

Cheers

John

'48 CJ2a "Snakeskin"
'50 M38 "Thunder from Heaven"
'52 M38a1 "Patina"
'47 T3c
'48 T3c
'52 M100
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2020 at 8:32pm
Ok guys here’s the deal.... I made a step, Someone liked it....I made a few more. I have not conducted long term research on this .  Let’s use common sense. If your tub is rotten...probably don’t use this... if you weigh 450... probably don’t buy it.... if you are extremely worried about your paint, then probably don’t put a rubber coated step on it. It’s that simple. If those things aren’t a concern for you and you would like a step, then by all means private message me. I have noticed that all the negative comments on here are from people that have no intention of buying a step... the people that have bought them have told me they work just fine. Do as you please with that information. Note to self....don’t build things for other people, and enjoy life! After buying material cutting/welding/painting shipping/handling I can tell you one thing...The profit isn’t worth the hassle of reading through thread!  Haha! Have a great day! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2020 at 8:34pm
Thank you John! I’m very glad to hear the step is working out for you! Can’t wait to go jeeping with you sometime soon and see it in action! 

Originally posted by WKWillys WKWillys wrote:

Hi everyone,

I bought two steps from Seth, one for my Cj2A and one for my M38.

Why? To help me lug my elderly patoot into the driver seat, just like they were intended to.

They work great!!! Well designed and executed.  And although I'm not a 250-300 pounder, I am no lightweight.  They hold me up well, don't bend my sheet metal, and look like they'll last a long time. And there's plenty of room in the back of the jeeps to lug them around, even if they do rattle a little (but no more than any of the other components in my rigs.)

I like them.  Just what the doctor ordered.  Well done Seth!!

Cheers

John

davemacinnh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davemacinnh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2020 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by ggordon49 ggordon49 wrote:

I understand, thank you.... I see it differently. I see people are just trying to help a fellow member out by giving there suggestions. Some of the people commenting have 30, 40 years of experience with this stuff... I do not believe anyone is trying to put down the product or be negative...

I think a lot of people understand that, but the reality is that he was offering up HIS product and never once asked about how it could be improved. But, people love to put their 2 cents in where it isn’t needed. If these people have 30-40 years experience, then they can make their own. He certainly isn’t starting a business around them nor is he probably make much money at all if any. He certainly doesn’t need people telling him how he could better a product of his. We are all smart people. When asking for opinions or help, we should do just that. But there is no need for people to go on other people’s posts and just flat out “help” them when they haven’t asked for “help”. It’s happening too much and making simple things way more than it needs to be. It’s simple, someone asks a question, if you have an answer related to the topic, answer it. If not keep scrolling. It’s also getting old when people ask questions that have already been asked but they are too lazy to read to get the answer. Smile(Smiley face to know the response was not said with “tone”.)Smile
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2020 at 4:46am
Originally posted by davemacinnh davemacinnh wrote:

But there is no need for people to go on other people’s posts and just flat out “help” them when they haven’t asked for “help”.

Thanks for clearing that up for us....but just as an aside to your commentary (I hope this isn't a step in the wrong direction)  in the original post we were asked to comment.

Following that, in a later post, the second design of the step was introduced and thanks were given to another member (I can only assume he was "helping") after his "input" was noted.

In that same post right after "thanks for the input" was given there was another sentence you may have missed, it read "Let me know what you think!"....yes, it even had an exclamation mark.

So your points are well taken but this is a public forum and as long as it isn't done in a way that isn't contradicting the rules of the forum,  the public is going to participate, sorry.

(Smiley face to show the response was not intended to step on any toes)Wink

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2020 at 10:53pm
Seth, PM (for a friend) sent.
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2020 at 10:55pm
I’ll check it out. Thanks Rick! 

Originally posted by RICKG RICKG wrote:

Seth, PM (for a friend) sent.
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2020 at 11:55pm
WOW aside from reading maybe the first 2-3 comments on this thread I have ignored it as it doesn't apply to me or the wife. I figured out a step anchored to my Rock Sliders quite some time ago and wasn't planning on changing.

So interesting thread.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2020 at 5:32am
I have one "no scratch" "300lb. tested" 16" drop satin black step available. Let me know if anyone wants it. 

Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2020 at 10:47pm
What is total weight of step? My wife says make sure I can pull it up and in once I am aboard
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
CJ2A-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2020 at 12:27am
Thought I wrote you back, I'll take it!!!  
46 CJ2a 22786 Brer Rabbit, 53 Willys Wagon, 62 Willys Pickup building with son-in-law, Jason

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2020 at 12:39am
Pm sent. Thanks! 

Originally posted by CJ2A-CT CJ2A-CT wrote:

Thought I wrote you back, I'll take it!!!  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2020 at 12:41am
I can let you know exactly tomorrow. It’s not difficult to pickup while seated. My video shows how easy it is to remove from inside the Jeep. 

Originally posted by Fltfndr Fltfndr wrote:

What is total weight of step? My wife says make sure I can pull it up and in once I am aboard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>