Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2020 Cheap Jeeps Meet and Ride- Kentucky - Event Date: 25 Sep. 2020 - 27 Sep. 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheap Jeep (CJ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2020 Cheap Jeeps Meet and Ride- Kentucky
    Posted: 18 Feb. 2020 at 5:34pm
Hello Jeep friends. Cheap Jeeps Meet and Ride is again being held on the last weekend in September. All are welcome to arrive on Thursday, Sept. 24th and set up or check in, whichever, and get out weekend started. Rides will be all day on Friday and Saturday. The Tompkinsville Inn is ready for reservations and welcome any and all guests. More information will follow and hope everyone is ready for a few days of riding, fellowship and fun catching up with each other. Lonnie is really looking forward to this year and seeing everyone.

Again hold the dates and mark your calendars: September 24-27, 2020 at the Cammack Homestead!

Questions: Call Troy 270-407-3078 If he doesn't know he will sure find you and answer.

Greg, Steve, Michael, Matt, Troy - Any new projects or bets going this year????

Roc ????????
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2020 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Cheap Jeep (CJ) Cheap Jeep (CJ) wrote:

Roc ????????

Yeeeeeeess? (cautiously optimistic)

I think I have a little prep time.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Black Sheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2020 at 9:14pm
Roc you have had all winter for this Lefty I'm hearing about. I don't see much more prep time needed. At this point the Mrs. should have shag carpet installed and a disco ball hanging underneath!LOLLOLLOL
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2020 at 10:03pm
What can you tell me about Dodge diesel charging systems?

And as far as the Mrs is concerned....don't give her any ideas. (she doesn't like carpet but she would be a disco ball fan)

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2020 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

What can you tell me about Dodge diesel charging systems?

And as far as the Mrs is concerned....don't give her any ideas. (she doesn't like carpet but she would be a disco ball fan)

What do you need to know?  What probs are you experiencing?
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2020 at 1:31am
I probably oughta call you sometime or at the very least take it away from this thread....short story is both batteries are good (one brand new) both will charge disconnected from truck...alternator test good at AutoZ but if both fully charged batteries are connected they are totally discharged by morning..

Yes, I realize something is going to ground ...I was really hoping something was sorted out in the alternator. Girl at AutoZone said " it passed but I've seen them be bad and pass on this machine".

I haven't started testing separate circuits yet.....really dreading it.

Before this I had that 'in and out' or 'hunting' for OD that most Dodge forums tell you to "put an alternator on it"...... that's why I was hoping for a bad test at The Zone.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Doug Timme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2020 at 11:47am
"shag carpet and disco balls"  I believe that is my departmentCool

48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2020 at 1:57pm

Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2020 at 5:18pm
Count on the “Columbia Crew” of Hillbillies to be there! Look forward to this ride every year. More to come!

Greg
Sdhharmon575 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sdhharmon575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2020 at 5:45pm
Yes the Columbia Crew of hillbillies (village idiots) will be there ready to go. Now about the bets you have asked about Troy. If my memory is correct last years bet was between you me Matt & Mike.The so called Willy-Make-It bet. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Mike (Hollywood) and I (Patches) made it both days of the trip with no breakdowns. So I don't see that we have anything left to prove. (Hollywood & Patches) However I'm sure you and Matt wasn't happy how that ended up. So I'm open to any ideas,but I suggest you two make it easy on yourselves. After all Hollywood and I do have bragging rights over you & Matt and we ain't gonna let anyone forget that!!!😎         

Steve (Patches)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2020 at 8:48pm
Well Mr. Patches

If you will re-read the question about bets, it was not posted by me. That would be from the first lady of the school of jeep knowledge(Cheap Jeeps Wife).

You will have to direct your reply toward her! I took a beat down last year. I did make it both days just not all day the first day, mind you!!!!!!
Sdhharmon575 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sdhharmon575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2020 at 11:31pm
Well then I owe you a heartfelt apology for that mistake. I should have known you wouldn’t want to bring up what happened last year.£££Seriously though I can’t wait for this event. It’s always a fun time with some great friends. And maybe we can work out some kinda side bets between some of us. Also to anyone that hasn’t been to this event but is thinking about attending. Come on out and give it a try. You won’t be disappointed.

Steve (Patches)
P.S. Black Sheep I’m open to any side bet you might want to make!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2020 at 12:20am
I'm out Steve. I've learned my lesson.LOL

On the other hand we are excited to get this job started!!! Hollywood has been traveling back roads already and Ethan and Seth have been ordering parts for their jeeps. They have really taken some interest since last year!!!  Justin is trying to get the BLUE HANT from smoking and using more oil than gas. LOL He has also planned on a new rad to keep from hauling 20gal of water per day.LOL

I will give more details about what's goin on this year as time goes on. So keep checking in on the site! I want anybody who has never been to feel free to call about any info they may need.
270-407-3078 Troy Cell

al_minn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_minn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2020 at 5:03pm
I suppose we better get our reservations in now before the rowdy Columbia hillbilly crew decide to take over the whole campground.  Looking forward to a great time as always!
—Al and Marilyn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb. 2020 at 3:36pm
It's good to here from you Al! Glad you guys are planning on coming down or over or however you decide to roll in. I can never determine where you guys are coming from (Retired and all that!).

Hollywood has given no indication on our direction at this time so I have no idea if the towing service will be needed or not! LOL  But I'm sure the Columbia riff raff can find an off limits area to burry a jeep.LOLhaha
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb. 2020 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Black Sheep Black Sheep wrote:

......so I have no idea if the towing service will be needed or not!

Just throwing this out there.....doesn't really matter the route Hollywood decides I have a feeling towing service will be a very good thing to have....( I may go ahead and pay him a little along until then just in case)

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2020 at 7:30pm
Guys
I'm looking for a good tranny and transfer case for the cj2a back up inventory. We have depleted Cheap Jeeps spare parts on the local builds. If any of you guys have these I would appreciate it. We would like to have a complete engine and tranny  for a quik change out when needed. This does not limit the use to the ky boys. If we break down during the ride we can change out and keep rolling if needed. Just a plan I would like to implement to keep spirits up during the jeep ride/season. No jeep left behind if we can help it. 
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2020 at 2:38pm
I have a transmission if needed.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>