Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Special Equipment and Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newgren crank pump bracket and monroe version

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newgren crank pump bracket and monroe version
    Posted: 04 June 2007 at 4:20pm
This Newgren bracket was removed from a Jeep we just bought. I have owned other newgren brackets but first one I have seen like this with side support. I am assuming it is correct cause all other brackets I have had were not installed.
The Newgren bracket I just love cause they are simply and direct.   

The other is the monroe pump bracket which is casted out of aluminum and then machined drilled. Lots of work and expense. Newgren is much more simple.

They both use the same pump and three prong pully. The three prong pully I have seen made three different ways. One the prongs are pressed in other the prongs are pressed in then counter punched rear and last prongs are brass weld rear.

The pump itself is nothing special but a Farmall pto pump. Notice the bar manifold This is screwed on the back of the pump and two O rings seal it... Now the Monroe had that other type of manifold which again was casted and machined.

So goes to show you that Willys used parts that were available in certain applications to avoid RD. All companies do this even today.
pumps are still available new for 310 bucks and over haul kits are cheap

On the Newgren name itself years ago a guy called me saying he knew how the name Newgren came to be.
Newton and Green two people who worked to find application for the Willys Jeep after the war. They came up with several designs and used both their names on it. NEWGREN for Newton and Green.
Gentlemen told me that he got it from a man name Green claiming that to be. Is it true? I do not know but a nice story. True about he person telling me the story.
And same person owned a Newgren bottom plow

Edited by Alan - 04 June 2007 at 5:52pm
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 10:08am
Alan,
Great find.  From looking at diagram # 5 of the installation instructions
http://www.farmjeep.com/newgren_installation_instructions.html, I think the bottom plate was added by the PO.  And I think there was a right side support bracket too.

I agree with the design comparison.  In fact, I think I could make a pretty good copy of the Newgren bracket.  I'd love a few measurementsSmile.

Barry

Edited by russnj - 12 June 2007 at 10:56am
https://www.farmjeep.com/
(Name Blocked) View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 12:32pm
Sorry Berry your incorrect about Previous owner add on. I have two of the brackets on hand are exact and others in the past that were the same.

Your not far from me drop me an email have other newgren stuff arms adjustment arms and center links for newgrens
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Alan Alan wrote:

Sorry Berry your incorrect about Previous owner add on. I have two of the brackets on hand are exact and others in the past that were the same.

Your not far from me drop me an email have other newgren stuff arms adjustment arms and center links for newgrens
I stand corrected.   Those welds on the plate look like some of mine - another reason I thought they might have been an add-on!

Barry
 Post Reply Post Reply