Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brennen brackets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote On Jeep About Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brennen brackets
    Posted: 26 Mar. 2020 at 3:02am
First day of lock down.
Did some parkerizing and have a set of Brennan brake brackets to put on Onelungs Jeep.
So they ended up in the tank. They came out beautifully. 
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2020 at 3:06am
Originally posted by On Jeep About On Jeep About wrote:

First day of lock down.

Yup! We knew it was coming right? People went batsh!t, crazy this afternoon anyway..

Nice finish on the brackets!

Edited by RICKG - 26 Mar. 2020 at 3:09am
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
IronAge52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IronAge52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2020 at 5:33am
OK, I give up. what are they? and what do they fit?
Just when  I thought I knew it all.
gearwrencher
jeepsterjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2020 at 6:21am
Originally posted by IronAge52 IronAge52 wrote:

OK, I give up. what are they? and what do they fit?
Just when  I thought I knew it all.

Disc brake caliper brackets. Brennans Metcalf makes them.  

Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
BD1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2020 at 11:00am
I used them when I went to four wheel disc brakes this winter. They work Great! two caveats:
Think about how you are going to "clock" them, and mock up the installation first, so you get a logical and orderly position on the calipers and banjo bolt adaptors once installed. This is especially important if you're using them in the rear as you will need to drill the oil seepage hole in the correct position before you install them.
Look closely at the caliper position in the rear relative to the rotor as your rear axle shims affect this relationship. I had to thin the bushings in the rear due to the amount of shims my axle took to get to .003 freeplay. If your axle has more shims, (or nearly all of the shims), on one end, you may wind up with slightly different thicknesses needed side to side on the rear to keep the rotor centered in the caliper.
BD
'47 CJ2a, Shiny on top!
'55 CJ5 project
On Jeep About View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote On Jeep About Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2020 at 3:57pm
Yep disc brake brackets. ignore the funny metal piece at the top. It is my own invention a moonclips server frame I’m experimenting with parkerizing. 
Metcalf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metcalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2020 at 4:00pm
That is pretty cool! 
42 MB that had a one night stand with a much younger 69 CJ5 and a 50s GM truck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote On Jeep About Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2020 at 4:02pm
Thanks for this advice. One lung wants to go full float so we’ll be ditching the tapered axles.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote On Jeep About Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2020 at 2:51am
The metal piece above the brake brackets is wet with oil. The spec on the lower part of the frame are air bubbles floating up. Parkerizing create a pores surface on the metal which soaks up and holds oil.
After parts quit bubbling they can be wiped dry on the surface but of course there’s still a lot of oil in the surface.
Was interesting to watch happen. 

See you on the trail
On Jeep About
 Post Reply Post Reply