Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

On lock down...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2020 at 4:13am
Originally posted by Bob W Bob W wrote:

I have an HO layout that unfortunately doesn't get much use these days.....

I hope to one day wheel on your property . .  if lucky enough to ever do that,  then would love to also see that train layout in person. LOL   That is amazing!

Any Jeeps on it. Wink
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2020 at 11:28am
Thanks everyone!

Originally posted by Joe Friday Joe Friday wrote:

I am SO JEALOUS of the room you guys have dedicated to  trains!
If I had that much floor space I would have another Jeep...

The trains take up as much space as a Jeep, unless they are stacked, then 2 Jeeps.

Originally posted by Bill Norris Bill Norris wrote:

Bob W,

Holy smokes is that nice. I’ll never get approval for something that big.  I wish I had that kind of talent. Are you DCC?

Your son will be all over that in a couple years if not sooner. 

I starting building it when DCC was just beginning to get popular so it is not. Mason really likes to watch the trains but he is rough on the scenery!

Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

I hope to one day wheel on your property . .  if lucky enough to ever do that,  then would love to also see that train layout in person. LOL   That is amazing!

Any Jeeps on it. Wink

I am looking forward to having Flattie runs on my property. Still working on getting more trails in. A visit to the model RR will be in the plans. There are no Jeeps on the RR because the time period is just pre-1940.

Edited by Bob W - 09 Apr. 2020 at 11:33am
ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2020 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by tamnalan tamnalan wrote:

Good bread, ribs and tiny jeeps & trains!

No wonder this is a great forum!

I agree...and I'd really like to see that tiny camera Bill used for those pictures! LOL  You guys all have tremendous talents and its great, interesting and cool to see them displayed.  Maybe during this time of "crap" we can use this thread as a talent show of sorts...hobbies etc.   It'd be fun seeing stuff people do outside of my little sphere.  Any whittler's? Painter's? Model builders, rc stuff...other than jeep stuff, what are some things ya'll been doing during this lockdown.
I'd like to be able to show off something as cool as the stuff already posted, but I can't...I mostly listen to music and smoke foods on my grill and smoker...a very tangible and almost immediate reward!

On a different note...I've been hearing and reading from different local and national news services about this being the  "new normal"...does that piss-off anyone else?!  I refuse to feel that way!

Hope to see some more fun stuff!

She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2020 at 6:54pm
Rocco,

I just used my phone. No tricks, just zoomed. 

Bob, I can imagine he’s hard on the scenery. Anthony still is...

Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2020 at 7:06pm
I have to confess that as a recently retired guy, my new normal is pretty much like the old one.   We're lucky so far.

Building our new nest.  I hired a guy to frame it and my wife and I are now finishing it.  A one-story house with a loft and a cupola up top.  Maybe I can put a little jeep weathervane up there.

Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2020 at 8:19pm
Looks great Alan. Now, where do you put your jeeps? 

(love the smell of new framing... and the absolute feeling of space)

Steve
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2020 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by tamnalan tamnalan wrote:

I have to confess that as a recently retired guy, my new normal is pretty much like the old one.   We're lucky so far.....

This is pretty much seeing it around our place too.

I do miss hanging out with friends in our local live music scene though....(and Walmart is kind of like a morgue these days.

All in all pretty lucky like you said.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345