Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rubicon 2021 - July 25 - 27 - Event Date: 25 July 2021 - 31 July 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2020 at 5:39pm
That is one reason we like to do the trail between the two jamborees. There are maintained porta-potties around. Ellis Creek has a permanent facility.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Nothing Special View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2020 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by chasendeer chasendeer wrote:

Will there be smell-a-vision on the videos??? There are plenty of pine trees to hide behind all along the trail.

Jay

I'm not too worried about "along the trail."  And personally I can deal with whatever.  But not everyone in my family is interested in the campgrounds being too "rustic!"

Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

That is one reason we like to do the trail between the two jamborees. There are maintained porta-potties around. Ellis Creek has a permanent facility.

Thanks!  Sounds like it would meet at least the minimum requirements of everyone in my family.
Bob

Flatfender wannabe
'71 Ford Bronco
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2020 at 8:46pm
Added some names to the list.

Possible Attendees
Nick_
jpet
chansendeer
JT707
sonoblast77
Rick G
littlesteve
hotrod59
Nothing Special
bobevans
EJOWest
unclemoak
Willytj
3A Steve
chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2020 at 10:19pm
Nick
I think you forgot Stan
Jay
ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2020 at 10:19pm
I'd love to go again just to jump in those lakes at the end of each day!  Man!...that was a great trip!  Looking forward to hearing the reviews on how different the trail has become in a short period of time.
She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2020 at 11:58pm
How could I forget the myth, the legend. 
Ricco - do you want added on the list?

Possible Attendees
Nick_
jpet
chansendeer
JT707
sonoblast77
Rick G
littlesteve
hotrod59
Nothing Special
bobevans
EJOWest
unclemoak
Willytj
3A Steve
smfulle
madbrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madbrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec. 2020 at 1:44am
Provided I can get permission from the War Department (wife) I think it would be safe to add my name to the list.

Jeff, maybe we could hook up and convoy out there together.
45 MB
56 Willys Fruit Salad
64 Kaiser CJ3B

My Videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/madbritwillys56/videos
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec. 2020 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by madbrit madbrit wrote:

...Jeff, maybe we could hook up and convoy out there together.
Hope you can make it Graham. Looks like there will be a small convoy coming from the Midwest.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
VermontOverland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VermontOverland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2021 at 6:39pm
I would love to join in if the roster is not full yet.  Ricco, I keep my pool open all winter here in NM so I can train for frigid trailside lake plunges!
Peter Vollers
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2021 at 8:30pm
The war department... that was my great-grandmother's nickname, who was all of 5' 90 lbs.
Would be nice to meet you guys, and get a picture of my Jeep next to madbrit's which I used as inspiration for my roll cage. 

Possible Attendees
1. Nick_
2. jpet
3. chansendeer
4. JT707
5. sonoblast77
6. Rick G
7. littlesteve
8. hotrod59
9. Nothing Special
10. bobevans
11. EJOWest
12. unclemoak
13. Willytj
14. 3A Steve
15. smfulle
16. madbrit
17. VermontOverland
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2021 at 4:57am
I’m probably out. My daughter booked my wife and me on an Alaskan cruise that week. I suppose it could get cancelled then I might join in, but not as if this moment.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
oldwillysforum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwillysforum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2021 at 10:53pm
I'd love to tag along on this trip, but it's too early for me to commit...  I'll watch this thread and chime in if I can make it work.
Cheers,
Pete
VermontOverland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VermontOverland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2021 at 1:49am
Try not to sound too enthused, Stan.  
Peter Vollers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2021 at 5:42pm

....  The last two times we did this, we met at Loon Lake Sunday afternoon, and wheeled past the granite to camp at Ellis Creek. Monday the goal is to make it to Rubicon Springs and spend the night. Then finish up Tuesday. I think last year, we made it back to Tahoe noonish? Had Pizza, and drove back around to our trailers at Loon Lake. Then, a group of us went to Moab. We were there by Tuesday night....

Was this a typo?  Lunch in Tahoe on Tuesday, getting back to Loon Lake, loading up and driving to Moab seems like it would be Wednesday night before you'd get to Moab.  Or was that a really hard push?  (I ask because I'm trying to figure out the schedule better.)
Bob

Flatfender wannabe
'71 Ford Bronco
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2021 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Nothing Special Nothing Special wrote:

....  The last two times we did this, we met at Loon Lake Sunday afternoon, and wheeled past the granite to camp at Ellis Creek. Monday the goal is to make it to Rubicon Springs and spend the night. Then finish up Tuesday. I think last year, we made it back to Tahoe noonish? Had Pizza, and drove back around to our trailers at Loon Lake. Then, a group of us went to Moab. We were there by Tuesday night....

Was this a typo?  Lunch in Tahoe on Tuesday, getting back to Loon Lake, loading up and driving to Moab seems like it would be Wednesday night before you'd get to Moab.  Or was that a really hard push?  (I ask because I'm trying to figure out the schedule better.)

As I remember,  we wheeled on Thursday,  so you are probably right,  we were almost to Moab on Wednesday night.     We tend for forget the long days driving in between the fun.  haha
   (I think we stayed in Carson City on Tues. night)

On the way,   not at hotel yet.   (Wednesday night)

Next morning . . getting close

At the trail head,  after unloading etc.     I don't remember what time,  maybe we can tell by the sun shadows.  Smile    It was well before it started getting hot.  LOL

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2021 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

Originally posted by Nothing Special Nothing Special wrote:

As I remember,  we wheeled on Thursday,  so you are probably right,  we were almost to Moab on Wednesday night.     We tend for forget the long days driving in between the fun.  haha
   (I think we stayed in Carson City on Tues. night)

We stayed in Carson City Tuesday night. Drove all day Wednesday across the loneliest road in America (Highway 50 across Nevada), through Delta, Utah, down to I70 and across to Green River, UT where we spent the night. Got  up early and hit Hell's Revenge in Moab on Thursday, loaded the trailers and drove to Ridgeway Colorado near Ouray and spent the night. Friday we drove Black Bear Road and Imogene Pass in the fog and Rain.  What a trip!! 
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2021 at 10:09pm
Thanks for the clarification and for more appetizers! (appeteasers?)
Bob

Flatfender wannabe
'71 Ford Bronco
EJOWest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJOWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2021 at 6:52am
I can make it for sure and have a couple friends from Norway "Jeepfabrikken" who would love to join in. I'm prepping a second Flat Fender for them to take here in California.
Ernie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>