Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your Favorite Jeep (Not your own)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bufordjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 3:52am
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 4:50am
My all time favorite jeep?
GRANDPA’S JEEP !!!!Clap
Owned and driven hard by Stan. 
There’s a few pics floating around.... on the internet, and in off-road mags. 
Best jeep ever. 
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer
timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 6:11am
Mine has to be the MT Tug 6x6. The first time I saw one, it pulled me in with it's quirky look and endless possibilities. I'm not sure who owns this one, but I know there are a few out there.

1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 12:00pm
I like the looks of a WW2 g 503 Jeep the best. First real Jeep, but the jury is still out. I'm waiting on Fred Caldwell's new project that says JEEP instead of Willys. His Agrijeep is also awesome. Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by IRQVET IRQVET wrote:

...Not sure if the Mad Brit is a member here. But his Jeep and the way it was built has always been a stand out to me....
The owner is Graham McNeil. I don't think he is a member here but I think he lurks. Great guy and great friend!!

CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
littlesteve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlesteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

...Not sure if the Mad Brit is a member here. But his Jeep and the way it was built has always been a stand out to me....
The owner is Graham McNeil. I don't think he is a member here but I think he lurks. Great guy and great friend!!

Is the mad brit in fact, British?

jpet brought me here.

XJ
KJ CRD x5 (+1 on the way,probably)
YJ about to be butchered & hit with the restoring stick.
TJ
One day I'll have a Willys, be cool like everybody else.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by littlesteve littlesteve wrote:

Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Is the mad brit in fact, British?

Yes, but now he lives in Naperville, IL
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 3:09pm
I would say that this Jeep might not be my favorite if it belonged to someone I don’t know, but it is hard to separate the man and the Jeep. Almost all off my best jeeping memories have been in close oroximity to this Jeep, or the man himself has been riding in my Jeep. 
So favotite Jeep and jeeper go together Bam Bam and Jpet.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Sithinstructor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sithinstructor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 6:06pm
Easily the Submarine Jeep for me. I like how all the modifications function, and how they look. That roll cage... nice.
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 6:28pm
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 7:19pm
I feel the same way Stan:

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 9:18pm
My momma taught me she loves all her children equally and not to play favorites.

With that said, in 1972 when I started to get involved with Jeeps, there was a 1952 M38 owned by a guy in Middletown, CT. It looked PERFECT like it just rolled out of the factory. Even had the Model 50 PTO winch on it. What impressed me was the 225 Odd Fire, factory manifolds etc all shoehorned into it. No bubbafication at all

Somebody out there got a sweet one.

My Favorite concept Jeep was the MLW2. I've dreamed on finding that one (or two).

BAM-BAM and Grampa's Jeep are #1, but in a different category.

My favorite  of all time that I've spent time in though is Fred Coldwell's CJ2-09 AgriJeep.
Just the idea to take a 1944 prototype and actually DRIVE IT on the trails, much less be on the inaugural run of the Qwaazy 8's is well, QWAAZY!

I'll update and add photos later today.
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 9:28pm
I think my favorite jeep would be a GPA, it’s a jeep and a boat!

47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 9:31pm
A 1945 CJ2A #10163, and the metal peddle 2A, both belonging to my 9 month old grandson....

45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

Michaeltru View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michaeltru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 9:56pm
Need to see a pic of that child driving the 2A.   
Mike in AZ
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Michaeltru Michaeltru wrote:

Need to see a pic of that child driving the 2A.   

I am in Ohio, and he is in North Carolina. All in due time, daughter just captured video of him standing up by himself today!
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 10:22pm
Hey low, not sure I've said congrats or not but it's funnnnnnn! (well, at least it has been for me)

Coincidentally yesterday my 11 yr old grandson drove his first stick (or vehicle of any kind other than a lawn mower).....yep, it was a Lefty.

So I told him he can eventually tell the story that many here tell...."I learned to drive a stick in an old Willys".

I was proud....and I know you will be a fun GrandPaw!

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Sithinstructor Sithinstructor wrote:

Easily the Submarine Jeep for me. I like how all the modifications function, and how they look. That roll cage... nice. 

I am honored! My cage design was heavily influenced by Graham McNeil's Jeep as shown in the first post.

There are too many favorites, so I'll pick one that hasn't been mentioned yet. "Old Yeller" the CJ3B built by a3dhunter on Pirate4x4. Great story about resurrecting his dad's Jeep. It looks downright cool.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>