Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Suggestions and Comments for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Member

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UK Member
    Posted: 28 Sep. 2021 at 6:51pm
Put your name into the lottery and try to come to the Fall Color Tour in Colorado next September.

There are normally plenty of open seats to ride with others, and parts to take back in your checked luggage on the flight home.
littlesteve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlesteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2021 at 6:30pm
CJ2A Page UK div. meet up 2022.
Discuss....
jpet brought me here.

XJ
KJ CRD x5 (+1 on the way,probably)
YJ about to be butchered & hit with the restoring stick.
TJ
One day I'll have a Willys, be cool like everybody else.
JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep. 2020 at 12:54pm
Got this one from Jeep Village. Really good quality.
sam16v View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam16v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep. 2020 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by JonJ JonJ wrote:

Well today I'm going to take Oldpappys advice and see if I can’t get this stuck steering upper bearing out with a broom, and no doubt, some brute force and ignorance as well! Never know if I get time I might change my transfer and transmission gear oil. Happy days.
 Sounds like a day well spent. I notice Joe's motor pool do an upper bearing! 
JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep. 2020 at 10:09am
Well today I'm going to take Oldpappys advice and see if I can’t get this stuck steering upper bearing out with a broom, and no doubt, some brute force and ignorance as well! Never know if I get time I might change my transfer and transmission gear oil. Happy days.
Puddleduck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puddleduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep. 2020 at 9:04am
Mine is done but still needs a back seat [on order] and a towing Pindle 
I bet you have some really nice route to drive in your area with some nice steep hills to give the engine something to do.

Keep in touch as it would be nice to have a UK branch of the CJ2A Forum
It's better to burn out than to fade away

1948 CJ2A

Mercedes C220 AMG Line Coupe
sam16v View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam16v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep. 2020 at 8:11pm
Cheers Puddleduck, yup but I am nearer the US! I don't need much for mine just a screen, set of seats, roof, and maybe a new old stock overdrive haha

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puddleduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep. 2020 at 7:46pm
Hi Sam,
              and welcome
Swansea is the other side of the world isn't it, LOL

As Jon said we love pictures, pity you were not closer as me and Jon live about 2o minutes apart.
Anyway if we can help you in any way just let us know as there doesn't seem to be many cj2a owners in the UK and if there is they are keeping quiet.

1948 CJ2A

sam16v View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam16v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep. 2020 at 6:35pm
No it's still in lots of bits! All be it lots of restored bits that need some assembling! Life has got in the way you could say! Hope to get it together before end of next year! 
JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep. 2020 at 6:17pm
You look like a bit of a veteran!
I thought my CJ needed some work.
Have you got it all together? 

Plus, better hills in Wales, not many in Essex!
sam16v View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam16v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep. 2020 at 5:45pm
Cheers Jon! If you search my username there are a few pictures...... based in South Wales Near Swansea
JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep. 2020 at 5:32pm
Hi Sam!
As they say on the forum, we love pictures.
Where are you based?
sam16v View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam16v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep. 2020 at 3:37pm
Another UK cj2a owner here! Only just stumbled upon this post! I've been looking for ages for a group or page for CJ owners in the UK. I have a few spare parts tucked away, and there's plenty of bits I require for my restoration! Be good too see some other UK cjs! 
Harriet View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harriet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2020 at 10:16pm
Thanks Smile
46 CJ2A 14509

50 Jeepster
58 4WD Truck

My Link
I AM the understanding wife!
Anyone seen my marbles?
Always hoisted by my own petard!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Puddleduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2020 at 5:56pm
Hi
    The rear seats are new but original style with the short back as opposed to the long back type and is just the frame no cushions

These are being sourced by a contact I have

Give me a bell on 07470218371 and I will give you the details

1948 CJ2A

Harriet View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harriet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2020 at 4:38pm
Hi, I'm in Hampshire ... have owned my 2A for a number of years but life got in the way of it's restoration. I'm starting back on it now, and trying to get stuck in.
Puddleduck are the seats you can get early ones?

46 CJ2A 14509

50 Jeepster
58 4WD Truck

My Link
I AM the understanding wife!
Anyone seen my marbles?
Always hoisted by my own petard!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puddleduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 11:47am
Hi
    it's 1145 hrs here just on my way out to work finish at 2400 hrs

I see it's early morning there

Got to go have a good day

1948 CJ2A

uncamoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncamoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 11:43am
Always interesing to see guys from the  UK conversing. At least we are up at the same time.                                    c
john
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>