Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help with distributor situation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beach Bum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2020 at 4:44am
Pertronix Has conversion systems for 6 and 12 volt. They replace the points and condensor. Any old age problems the dizzy was will still be problems. The electronic conversion still uses all the other parts of the dist.
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2020 at 3:04pm
I dig those conversion kits, but I have to say that I have not touched my distributor or points/condensor for several years on ours. I think these engines run at such low rpm, dwell time is pretty low, secondary voltage requirements are low, so points seem to last a long time.  
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
The less the Power the More the Force
wantcoffee99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wantcoffee99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2020 at 1:42am
What lubricant are you guys putting on the breaker arm cam?  Guide says "soft grease."
Beach Bum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Beach Bum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2020 at 5:03am
A light coat of wheel bearing/ chassis lube grease will do fine. Wipe off the old and put on new once a year. Just a light coat, otherwise the points rubbing block will scrape it off and make a mess.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456