Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rausch Creek July 2020 - Event Date: 03 July 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Rausch Creek July 2020
    Posted: 29 June 2020 at 4:23pm
An impromptu trip to Rausch Creek Off road park in Pine Grove Pennsylvania is going to happen this coming Friday July 3rd. We will be meeting up Friday morning for a day of wheeling..... anyone who wants to stay for the weekend is welcome to, but I believe some of us will be heading home Friday evening. 
    A link to the park rules and fees is below. A roll bar and seat belts are required. 
    Myself, Jpet, Bob W. And a few maybe’s are on the list. Let us know if you’re interested! 

JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 4:39pm
I am interested  . .   assuming Friday does not interfere with any family holiday activities.    Will know more later.
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 5:17pm
Was trying to find a trail to go on this Thursday or Friday. Timing is great. Never been and always wondered about it. Count me in.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 1:49am
Looking forward to it. Hope you can make it Ron.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 2:57am
Looks like the family schedule is clear.   I would guess 90% chance at this point.  Smile

I did have another concern,   (whether or not I would have new AA clutch cable before then),  but tracking shows it to be here tomorrow,  so that is not an issue!

This "day trip" would be 4 hours up,   wheeling,  then 4 hours back, a fairly long day.    I will do that myself, if necessary,  but trying to find a co-pilot.  . . .  Hoping my older son will be available.   (some of you met my younger son a few years ago at Rausch,  but he is not available)
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 10:42am
Shoot....so close but yet so far. I'm stuck at work on Friday. The curse of being in trucking.....

Have fun gents! I'll be thinking of you! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 2:50pm
I can't wait!!!

Drivers and passengers will need to complete the membership form, unless you are already a member for 2020. Kids 17 and under need to have a waiver form. Both these forms can be downloaded from the Rausch Creek website and printed. It will speed things up if you have the forms ready to go upon arrival.

A face covering is required when you are inside the office.

The office opens at 8:00AM

See you there.
Elroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2020 at 7:41pm
Hey guys, my Willy’s is still far from ready. Can I tag along with my TJ rubicon? I promise to stay in back
        Thanks Joel
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 2:24am
Ok by me :)

Is everyone coming in the morning? Are some of you camping there the nite before?

I have a hotel room in Mechanicsburg, about an hour away but if there is a group of campers coming, I might do that.

Who can be there, registered and ready to go by 9:00?
How many can’t be be there till 10:00? Maybe we need a roll call

I’m not in charge by any means but I thought those who are there early can be ready to roll by 9:00. Go out and do some wheeling till 10:00. Then come back to the entrance to meet up with anybody who can’t make it by 9:00. That’s what we did last time. Thoughts?
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 2:31am
I will be driving over in the morning, planning to be there by 8:00.

3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 3:00am
Son and I plan to leave WV at 0530 and should arrive by 0800.
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 3:37am
4 hour drive for me,  and I can't leave Thursday night.   I still do not have any confirmation on co-pilot,  so driving by myself,  (not an early morning person)  I doubt I could leave early enough to be there for the first assault. 
ie. For me,  probably should plan on me being registered and ready to roll in the 10:00am time frame.

I can't remember,  is there cell service in the park?   To give updates on arrival etc.?

For those following my clutch-linkage saga,  I had another set-back this evening.  The replacement cable that Advance Adapters sent does not fit Ouch.   I will be running a bubba-repaired cable.  Hopefully it holds up,  but if not,  I might need a tug at some point.  Wink
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 10:39am
There is excellent cell phone service in the park.
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 8:07pm
As BobW mentioned it can speed up registration if you already have the membership form filled out.    I just printed out mine.

Link to - >Membership Form

Seems like they ask what "group" you are with,  if you are registering separately.    If asked,  are we the Qwaaazy8's  ?
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 3:10am
My older son was able to clear his schedule on Friday,   so now I have a co-pilot!!

After he agreed . . I asked if he had any issues with a 4:00 am departure.  LOL 
     His response = "seriously"?

If that does happen,  we might be able to arrive at same time as everyone else. 
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 3:13am
Haha I’ll have enough trouble getting Saul, out of bed and in the truck by 6:30! 🤣 
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 3:15am
Absolutely you can come! We might tease you a bit....but it’ll be worth it. Lol..

M
Originally posted by Elroy Elroy wrote:

Hey guys, my Willy’s is still far from ready. Can I tag along with my TJ rubicon? I promise to stay in back
        Thanks Joel
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 3:34am
Originally posted by Millennium falcon Millennium falcon wrote:

Absolutely you can come! We might tease you a bit....but it’ll be worth it. Lol..

M
Originally posted by Elroy Elroy wrote:

Thanks Joel

Current weather forecast is that it might be HOT!

I propose also a condition of attendance, is that you can not roll up your windows and turn on A/C.  LOL    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>