Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving sux

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IRQVET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving sux
    Posted: 19 July 2020 at 11:27pm
So we got two full price offers in 24 hours after putting the house up for sale. Now I'm having to move stuff around in order to pack everything in preparation for the move. Meanwhile, we went into escrow on a new house- so things have been busy-busy!

Took the kids out for a Jeep ride today. The timing is off, and valves need to be adjusted, but the kids didn't care. Couldn't take it outside the neighborhood as I haven't hooked the lights back up yet, but seeing it finally outside the garage was a hoot. Big smile

Don't mind the stuff covering the seats, I have cats in the neighborhood that think my rig is their bed. 

Out with the Old: 3 Bed, 2 Bath, 3 Car Garage on 2.3 acres. (Built in 1960)

In the with the new (if the move doesn't kill me first):  4 Bed, 2 Bath, 2 Car Garage on 1.3 acres. (Build in 2019)

Moving from Southern Oregon to the Florida Gulf Coast. Promotion at work is forcing the move. 

Edited by IRQVET - 19 July 2020 at 11:41pm
Dean
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran
49' CJ2A w/ GPA Engine #8924
67 CJ5 (Sold)
GloucesterBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GloucesterBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2020 at 11:58pm
God for you, Dean! very happy for you! Good luck in your new home!
Jerry

'47 CJ2A #96661

uncamoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncamoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2020 at 12:28am
If you are happy, I am happy. My house was built in 1906. I built many new houses.
john
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2020 at 1:20am
Moving does suck, but you will be very close( 40 minutes) to some very good fishing just south of Tallahassee area!! Might be time to join up with the tupperware navy and do some inshore kayak fishing! 

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2020 at 1:49am
I live in San Diego County, what's an acre? Oh yeah, something I can't afford. I have a pretty good size lot, for my 1949 era neighborhood, but I'm at 0.19 acres. 

Your new house looks great. 
1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2020 at 2:29am
Todays new homes in FL are built with extreme building codes to protect new homes against wind up to 145 mph, I have checked into that being near future retired Floridians. We are looking out in the tip of the panhandle near the highest elevation in the state. 

After you get settled in take the family over to the Emerald coast for some sugar sand beaches! 

dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2020 at 3:10am
More importantly - Let's see the garage / shop area
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
IRQVET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IRQVET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2020 at 3:36am
Originally posted by timcj2a timcj2a wrote:

I live in San Diego County, what's an acre? 

I grew up in the SF Bay area, so I feel you on that one. 
Dean
67 CJ5 (Sold)
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2020 at 4:54pm
Sorry for Southern Oregon to lose you, Dean!  Best of luck to you in Florida.
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2020 at 4:13am
IRQVET,
    So, i guess you are towing the willys across the US.   That is one-long-move.  Congratulations.
No need to let the roots spread.    hahaha   (and glad i don't live in Portland, Or).

In my 20-year hitch with a highway dept., i moved my family 6-times.   Yes, i still have stuff in boxes.
And awhile back even found some old 46 2a left overs.    hahahaha

I hope you and family do enjoy your new 'digs' and job transfer.

Len
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2020 at 3:34pm
Welcome to the southeast region of the good 'ol USA. 

IRQVET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IRQVET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2020 at 10:18pm
Jeep isn't being towed. My employer offered paid relocation, so my Jeep and Tahoe are being sent out on some sort of an auto transport that my employer set up; and I'm driving my wife's Subaru Outback from Oregon to California, and then onto Florida. My plan is to have the wife and kids spend two weeks visiting family in California, while I drive out and get everything established. I'll be hoteling it for a week or so until the new house closes, as I have to start work out there by a specific date which is unfortunately before we take possession of the new house. 

So me and my "road dog" are making the trip solo. It will be like the Clampetts vs. Rin Tin-Tin traveling aross country, lol. 

So the next 24-48 hours will look like this. We'll be breaking down the garage shelving and kids bunk beds because the shipping company wanted $380 a piece to break those (3) items down. Why I have no idea. Then the movers will be here tomorrow to pack everything up, and the day after that they will haul everything away. 

The vehicles will remain in the garage for a few weeks and get shipped out separately. For some strange reason the company said I had to be there in FLorida when they arrive, to do a walk through and inspect any possible damage. If they left the same time as we did, they would beat me there because of my detour to California. 

If anyone can recommend a good engine builder in north Florida/ South Georgia, please me know because I need to get my L-head rebuilt. 

Edited by IRQVET - 02 Aug. 2020 at 10:21pm
Dean
67 CJ5 (Sold)
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2020 at 2:45am
I thought time was invented so everything wouldn't happen at once.  Apparently I misread the rules.  Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply