Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 weeks in SW Colorado

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 weeks in SW Colorado
    Posted: 06 Sep. 2020 at 2:13pm
Great pics, and videos. Thanks! 
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
The less the Power the More the Force
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep. 2020 at 6:16am
  You’re not a terrible person. You’re one of the finest people I know. And 99.9% of the time, I enjoy your pictures. 
  I just can’t see how any real American can ignore a flag of our nation laying on the ground like that. Maybe I’m the one that’s warped. If I had come upon that scene, the flag would have been released from its poor excuse for a flagpole, folded properly, and stashed in my Jeep before any pictures were taken. Once at my home, it would have been cleaned, repaired if needed, and returned to dignified service. If it was damaged beyond repair, it would have been properly, respectfully, retired. The other one, off the ground and flying in the breeze would have been saluted and photographed. 
  Sorry if I hurt you, Jeff, but that flag means as much to me as you do. I think that if I found you laying on the ground, that you would want me to pick you up, too. And I would. 
Respectfully, BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep. 2020 at 4:20am
Originally posted by Bruce W Bruce W wrote:

Ouch So whats the story on the extra flag that's laying on the ground? I hope it was picked up and went home with someone. I would not have even posted a picture of it there. Angry  BW

It’s hanging from a pole. I’m a terrible person. I won’t post any more pictures.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep. 2020 at 4:07am
Ouch So whats the story on the extra flag that's laying on the ground? I hope it was picked up and went home with someone. I would not have even posted a picture of it there. Angry  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Renegade17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renegade17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2020 at 6:14pm
I will do that, if nothing else you guys will be able to laugh!
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2020 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Renegade17 Renegade17 wrote:

I ran into your Jeeps streetside in Ouray a few nights in late July and got all geeked up after seeing nothing but a 4door Rubicon parade on the trails. We were on our first trip to that area and our first Jeep trip ever in an airport rental Fiat JL. i knew that i had seen Bam Bam somewhere before in a magazine or something like that so it was cool to scope it and Stans Jeep out ( i tried not to slobber). We came home and i have the fever. Started looking around online and found this place and the build threads for Bam Bam and Grandpas, pretty cool stuff. Ive been slowly digging my 3b and 2/3a mess out since. Hopefully get them out in the sunshine this weekend. thanks for the motivation. 

That's fun to hear. 
Keep an eye on the events section here when your rig is rolling and you can join in with some of us on our different outings.
How about start a thread in the project section on your rig?
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Renegade17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renegade17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2020 at 5:09pm
 I ran into your Jeeps streetside in Ouray a few nights in late July and got all geeked up after seeing nothing but a 4door Rubicon parade on the trails. We were on our first trip to that area and our first Jeep trip ever in an airport rental Fiat JL. i knew that i had seen Bam Bam somewhere before in a magazine or something like that so it was cool to scope it and Stans Jeep out ( i tried not to slobber). We came home and i have the fever. Started looking around online and found this place and the build threads for Bam Bam and Grandpas, pretty cool stuff. Ive been slowly digging my 3b and 2/3a mess out since. Hopefully get them out in the sunshine this weekend. thanks for the motivation. 
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2020 at 6:49am
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

Hey guys, I may have missed it but can you introduce us to the couple (and dog) in the tannish looking Jeep with the tow bar please.....neat Jeep.

That’s Ted Austin, his awesome better half Carrie and their dog Oliver.
Ted is a member here on the page. His handle here is Rock Cred.
Ted and Carrie are artists as well as jeepers. You can see their art here:

Ted’s Jeep Pepe is really quite an amazing machine that he has had since his youth. Some amazing and unique mods that maybe someday Ted will tell us all about.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2020 at 2:55am
Awesome video! Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing.

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2020 at 8:20pm
Hey guys, I may have missed it but can you introduce us to the couple (and dog) in the tannish looking Jeep with the tow bar please.....neat Jeep.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2020 at 7:06pm
Awesome Stan!!
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2020 at 6:33am
A pic from our evening ride on Fins and Things. I didn’t know this picture existed until I got a pm on Facebook with this attached.  Pretty cool.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2020 at 5:25am
I took a bunch of Jeff's video and put together this tour of Black Bear Road. I think this really gives you a feel of what driving the trail is like. Not super difficult, but super spectacular and fun.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2020 at 6:40am
Here’s a video of our run through Steel Bender. As Jeff said, a wonderful trail.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2020 at 11:17pm
When in Moab make sure you do Hell's Revenge it is the Sand Flats right next to town. You don't have to do the three "hard" side attractions but the basic trail is the most fun I have had in a 4X4. When in Ouray, do Imogene pass and over to Teluride. Not too hard but really scenic (see JPET's videos). Of course if you have the time, do the Alpine Loop. Have fun!

Steve
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2020 at 10:37pm
You guys have inspired me to the point that I bagged an ill-fated vacation to Florida, and momma and I are headed out to Colorado and eventually Moab next week. We have viturally no plan, because it's so last minute. But we have a rented Jeep and we'll figure it out when we get there! 

Appreciate all the pics and videos!  
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2020 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

I thought I’d add a picture to this day. When Jeff and I got to the top of Engineer Pass this guy was there in his “Willys” He came over and asked us if he could take a picture with his rig between ours. Here’s the picture.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2020 at 10:29pm
What great fun!  Dang!
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>