Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeep identification

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillysWally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 4:28am
Good Evening Everyone:

Agreed, it sure looks like an MB or ACM tub.  If it is that, whoever installed put the outside fuel tank filler neck did two things.  It sure appears that he used a proper CJ bracket for that, and he did a very professional job!  Most of the derelicts that I come across, bubba just took a torch and hacked a hole for a 2A tank filler neck. 

It also looks like he did a similar decent job on the transmission floor pan or its cover over the shifter.  Again when I have seen T-90's in an MB or GPW they usually hacked a hole big enough for the shift levers to fit without interference. 

Regards,

Walter
NMCB74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMCB74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2020 at 4:25am
I just want to take the time to thank everyone for their experience and knowledge on this. You all have been a great deal of help! I'll be parking this one until I figure what I'm going to do with it. I have another 2A to go through first and I'm closing in on a 2A  I started a while back.  
Just do it!!!!!!!!
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2020 at 3:35am
So the cobbled-together MB has, for a driver's seat, a passenger seat out of a CJ-5 (or a -3B?).  Some of the work done on that is better-than-Bubba, some is classic Bubba.  We've all seen worse, haven't we?
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12