Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

throttle linkage for Hamilton Fuel Injection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
boughtnobuilt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boughtnobuilt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: throttle linkage for Hamilton Fuel Injection
    Posted: 17 Oct. 2020 at 7:18pm
I wanted to update this post. The little adapter that comes with the Hamilton system perfectly lines up with the stock throttle linkage as it comes over the top of the valve cover. So, nothing is needed to make it work. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boughtnobuilt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2020 at 8:49pm
thanks unclemoak, that was very helpful. I"m going to have to fab up that little doohickey. 
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2020 at 12:24am
I used an S-10 throttle cable. The TB, bracket, cable are all GM clear through the firewall. My conversion may be a little different than yours.
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
unclemoak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unclemoak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug. 2020 at 11:33pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boughtnobuilt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug. 2020 at 9:17pm
I'm interested in seeing how people have adapted the stock throttle linkage to the Hamilton throttle body. It doesn't look that hard, but I'm curious - did people connect the final rod right to the wheel on the throttle body? Or replace the last link with cable? Or, did they replace the entire thing. 
 Post Reply Post Reply