Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sept 2020 What did you do to your Willys today?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sept 2020 What did you do to your Willys today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducati Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2020 at 10:39pm
Yesterday after I finished making the plow mounting brackets I painted them and wired up the hydraulic pump. Today the hoses came for the angle pistons so, I screwed them to the pistons and tried it out. Everything works pretty good, only issue is the down, It doesn't want to hit bottom. Kind of funny because I'm still waiting for flow control to stop it from hitting bottom too hard, lucky this second hand plow came with two lifting "A" frames & pistons - guess I'll try the other one~
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2020 at 4:46pm
bolted on newly acquired skid plate to keep the weeds outa underneath

ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2020 at 4:54pm
Nice....but I think you put it in upside down Wink
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2020 at 4:57pm
dang. you are right. i need more weeds scooped up not less.
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2020 at 11:17pm
Well I finally finished my JPET summer top install.....at the end of summer...it looks fantastic! Plan to let it sit in the sun tomorrow for that bit if shrinkage. 

46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
48walker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2020 at 12:35am
Well, I wanted to post a picture of taking the dog and the wife to the dog park for a test run in the Jeep, but it's all upside down.
Mediocre.
TMRoper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMRoper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2020 at 12:50pm
Or you are from Australia 😉
48walker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2020 at 3:36pm
No, just kind of incompetent when it comes to computers, or phones, or things that rely on coding. Or things that use electricity.
oldscot3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldscot3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2020 at 12:14am
I finished fabricating the mount for my rear mounted gas can/spare tire rack. Now I only need to get the hinges welded and I can prep it, paint it, and call it done. It hinges down just under the tailgate so both can be lowered if you need to load something heavy like... oh I dunno, maybe a an ice chest full of frosty cold beverages. Wink

I was going to post a pic but with the can and tire off, plus harsh sunlight coming in at a side angle, it was not much to look at. When I'm finished I'll post a pic.
James 4:6 God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2020 at 2:27pm
Someone on this site gave me some good advice, so I'll pass it along. Just make sure the camera lens is up when you take the pic. 
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
The less the Power the More the Force
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2020 at 2:24am
had Warn lockers installed and started repurposing the old, damaged top into a bikini top with the help of the wife.

CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
oldscot3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldscot3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2020 at 11:50pm
I finished my rear mount spare tire/gas can rack. With the rack in place I can't get my hitch on so I turned the hinges the same direction so I can just slide it off if I need to put my trailer hitch on.
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2020 at 4:18pm
I did the same thing on my 2A but the hinge process allow it to rattle all the time and I never really  needed to lower the gate.  So this spring I redid mine to remove the hinges and it stop the rattles and kept it from hitting the body and removing some paint.
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2020 at 11:57pm
I like that rack! 

Looking at the red paint job on that Jeep. It looks good, but reminds me of something that has occurred to me.

I have had four CJ2As, one CJ3B, and one M38 over the years. Three of those came to me painted red, and two of the other three had been painted red in previous paint jobs. None were originally red. The only one with no layer of red paint was the M38, which was painted tan, with the original military OD underneath the tan paint.

My conclusion is red was at some time the widespread favorite color to paint a Jeep. 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2020 at 1:30am
My '47 was originally red.....
 Since then it's been green, yellow, orange, blue, & black....
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
oldscot3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldscot3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2020 at 2:08am
Originally posted by redrunner redrunner wrote:

I did the same thing on my 2A but the hinge process allow it to rattle all the time and I never really  needed to lower the gate.  So this spring I redid mine to remove the hinges and it stop the rattles and kept it from hitting the body and removing some paint.

I used heavy duty "bullet style" gate hinges from a local steel and pipe yard. They are rock solid and super strong plus come with a grease fitting. I have no rattle from the rack... now my windshield lollipops are another matter.

I'm ok with this shade of red but I believe my Jeep was originally Luzan red. If I ever do a repaint I'll probably go with that.
oldscot3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldscot3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2020 at 2:15am
Another thing about my rack... I can't run a trailer ball with it on, so I turned both hinges the same direction, with the rack open I can just slide it off and then I can put a hitch on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234