Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reinstall front fenders and radiator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fyrwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reinstall front fenders and radiator
    Posted: 21 Nov. 2020 at 11:59pm
Looking for some advice-could not find in archives.  I took my cj2a down to frame for restoration.  I have the tub on and bolted to frame. Ready to reinstall front fenders, radiator, grill, lights, etc. Is there a sequence of what to install first?  Also, Do headlights and parking lights go into grill, before grill attached? a Not sure, of assembly order, all advice is appreciated. Thank You!  
Bob S.
48willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov. 2020 at 12:33am
I loosely bolted the grill to the frame and then mounted the fenders. Installing the lights and wiring first seemed easier to me, especially the early parking lights and wire. The headlights wouldn’t be a problem though, they should be easy to install after everything is bolted down.
1946 cj2a #28680
1948 chevy 3800 thriftmaster
1946-50's cj2a-3a farm jeep
1993 yj, aka the yj7
Fyrwise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fyrwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov. 2020 at 4:43am
I Appreciate the advice, that makes sense.  After being in pieces for 6 months, I want to this last bit correct.  Thanks again.  
Bob S.
 Post Reply Post Reply