Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2021! - Event Date: 19 Sep. 2021 - 24 Sep. 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 29>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2021 at 9:34am
Wow our congratulations to the happy couple!

That will bring water to your eyes. 

Great pics and great turnout for trail project. Giving back is what it’s all about so everyone can enjoy the beauty of the mountains. 

49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
unclemoak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote unclemoak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2021 at 1:11pm
I was able to make use of the recently installed auto-pilot coming down Ironchest yesterday.

Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2021 at 7:30pm
Well, today on the Grand ride over Aspen ridge, we had FRONT END FRIDAY!
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2021 at 6:04am
Friday was a great day for the Grand Ride on Aspen Ridge.  It was a great final day for tours and a wonderful end to an excellent week of Willys adventures.  To say that we had good colors was an understatement.  The colors were excellent all along the ridge as this photo shows. 

As we had planned, Bruce took 1/2 of the group to the north end of the ridge and started south.  Ron took the other half to the south end and ran to the north.  Both groups met in the middle for a big lunch party.  Then each group continued in the direction they were headed to complete the run along the ridge.  Here's our lunch site.  

There are 40 Jeeps in this photo.  A few folks had to leave FCT early to get home for other commitments.  But this lucky group got to enjoy some of the best color the mountains had to offer, and some of the best fall weather too.  We did have one Jeep casualty.  One Jeep quit working and we could not get it to start.  So it was towed down a county road to the highway where the owner returned with truck and trailer to recover it.  

Today most of the guests will leave for home.  A few will stick around and take a short ride up to Saint Elmo, the ghost town.  I will spend part of my day saying goodbye to new friends and old.  And I will start putting away all the FCT items that only come out for this event, like the 100 cup coffee pot.  

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
stevez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2021 at 8:50am
sooooooooo   awesome!
Rodkom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Rodkom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2021 at 9:44am
This was our first Fall Color Tour and we had a great time. I wanted to share a selection of photos and videos taken by me, my wife, and my daughter (link below). We did the Granite trails, 3 pass route over Tincup/Napoleon/Hancock passes, the CORE work project, the 4-mile area loop, and Aspen ridge this week. You’ll find beautiful views, a winch rescue, and for those who were there, hopefully a nice shot of your Jeep on the trail. Thanks to Mike and Nancy, all the guides, and everyone else who made this possible. We’re hoping to be back next year!

64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2021 at 10:16am
Mike & Nancy,  Thank you for sharing the TDR and your your mountain play ground.  I had a really good time. 

Until we Jeep again.   Tom
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2021 at 3:22pm
  Well, it’s over I guess. We went to St. Elmo this morning and didn’t find anything I wanted for sale. But we had a nice trip, and now we’re done. Cry
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2021 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Bruce W Bruce W wrote:

Well, it’s over I guess. We went to St. Elmo this morning and didn’t find anything I wanted for sale. But we had a nice trip, and now we’re done. Cry
BW 

Bruce, "Until We Jeep Again". That feels better don't you think? Oilly  Wink
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2021 at 6:26pm
Bruce, did you feed the timber tigers 🐅 and red squirrels while you were there 😂

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2021 at 7:10pm
  No I didn’t but I did enjoy watching the kids feed them. 
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Kevin Boog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kevin Boog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2021 at 10:35pm
 Thank you again to Chris in helping me get down the mountain to a recovery spot not to far from the highway that i could bring the trailer back to get my jeep. After returning home I found that some of the overheating issues led to the burning out of my ignition coil. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kevin Boog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2021 at 10:45pm
Thank you Mike and Nancy for a great time at the fall color tour. Here is an great picture from Friday's  run of bighorn sheep grazing along the side of the trail as we started heading back to the ranch.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kevin Boog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2021 at 10:53pm
Last stop on Monday before returning back to the ranch.

Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2021 at 1:16am

Our good friend Joe DeYoung at the Continental Divide on Tincup Pass during our 13-1/2 hour ride!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2021 at 1:18am
 A Bull Moose spotted just past the Continental Divide          

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2021 at 1:21am
A 1949 CJ3A with an F head parked in front of the hill it barely conquered due to fuel problems. (flooding on steep incline)

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2021 at 1:24am
Travelling East from Tin Cup to Tomichi pass to get as far as possible before dark.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 29>