Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2021! - Event Date: 19 Sep. 2021 - 24 Sep. 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 29>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2021 at 10:21pm
Thanks for sharing the pics and vids.  Thars some pretty serious stuff there!
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2021 at 10:08am
Joe Friday,  thanks for the great pictures.  All the pictures from phones or cameras are appreciated.

None of the pictures I took this trip are good enough to post.  Could be that I did not take enough to have a good selection. 

Tom
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
willyt View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2021 at 10:49am
Thanks to all the people who provided the ones who could not attend with great pics and videos! I surely appreciated your thoughtfulness in posting them for our enjoyment.
I’ve never seen so many ole flat fenders in one place. Thanks again.
1952 CJ3A (Lil'Green)
early M38A1(Ole Green)
1970 Jeepster Commando
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2021 at 11:01am
  Wait! FCT is not over yet. I get to spend today washing clothes, washing bedding, washing dishes, washing out coolers, sweeping out the trailer, cleaning up the trailer’s kitchen, getting things ready for winter’s storage and storing them away, and listing things that need to be repaired or replaced before spring. 
  I want to say a “Thank You” to Mike and Nancy for hosting us, and to all who gave me a “Thank You” I want to say “You’re Welcome!” And I want to say “Thank You” to all of you who came and made our efforts worthwhile. The CFFC FCT could not be what it is without you!
  Well, I’ve got plenty to do so I’d better get started. Y’all have a great day!
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2021 at 11:17am
There's a new Sheriff in town !

Well, he's not new, but for those of you that were not at the presentation, Bruce W has been appointed Chief Inspector of the Willys Overland Jeep Police.

Applications for acceptance to the Jeep Police Academy are being reviewed .

oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2021 at 11:33am

He sure looks the part ! 
Does Barney I mean Bruce get a six shooter to go with that badge ?
Does he not also get one bullet for his six shooter ?
Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2021 at 12:12pm
Greetings all,

Made it back to Maryland and I just want to say thank you to Mike and Nancy for another amazing Fall Color Tour!  I also want to thank Mike, Bruce, Ron, and Jeff for taking the lead on the trials and a big thanks to everyone else who contributed to this event.  I will be posting some photos of the next couple of days and I've really enjoyed seeing the rest of the photos and videos already posted on this thread. 

Dave L. 
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2021 at 12:41pm
On Sunday the 19th, a few of us took a trip up to Mt. Princeton.  As it turned out, this was a great ride and also a way to check to see if our jeeps were setup for the higher elevations.  Here are a few pictures of that trip. 

dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2021 at 12:46pm
Here are a few more from the the Mt. Princeton ride. 

Mt. Antero in the background.

Moon rising back at the Thirsty Dirt Ranch.

Edited by dluber - 27 Sep. 2021 at 12:48pm
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2021 at 2:07pm
On the 20th, Ron lead a group of us to Granite Trails which in the end, provided a great view of Twin Lakes near Granite, Colorado.  The first photo is a portion of the group lining up at the Thirsty Dirt Ranch to get ready for the ride. 

A quick stop in town before we got on the dirt roads.

Ron heading through the tunnel.

Next tunnel - in color.

dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2021 at 2:12pm
More from Granite Trails.

dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2021 at 2:17pm
Granite Trails continued..

Driving through a puddle of Aspen leaves.

Rest stop and lunch.

dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2021 at 2:22pm
Final set from Granite Trials.

Twin Lakes - wide angle lens (14mm).

A dusting of snow on the distant mountains. 

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2021 at 9:41am
Dave Luber, thank you for sharing all these excellent photos.  I know it's just a small selection from among the over 2500 photos you took, but they do a great job capturing the moment and revealing the views that we all enjoyed.  

I also want to thank jpet, Joe Friday, Oldwillysforum, harvesterwoodworking, Unclemoak, Kevin Boog, Lew Ladwig, and Rodkom for all their photos and videos too.  I am hoping that other folks will continue to add their photos and videos to this thread.  

Nancy and I have finished our cleanup and re-arranging from FCT.  I still have to winterize the shower, and replace the water heater that failed.  I'll fill in the shower sump and dig a new one next year.  The tables and chairs are all put away.  Now we have room to park the pickup, Nancy's Jeep, the Blue Mule, the atv, and the new tractor in the shop to protect them from winter weather.  One of my winter projects will be to run a dedicated air line to the tire changing machine, and a dedicated 220v service to the balancer.  Thank you Joe Friday for making those machines available.  And thank you Bob Westerman for hauling them all the way out here from all the way back east.  

I want to thank everyone who brought Jeep problems to the FCT.  We changed out carbs, tires, valves, fuel pumps, wiring, transfer case gears, antifreeze, grease, oil, tops, gaskets and seat cushions.  If you all brought perfect Jeeps, there wouldn't be any need for me to have a shop.  But the result of making all these changes was that we kept our Jeeps out on the trails instead of sitting at TDR on a trailer.  

We've expanded our circle of friends in the Willys world and I'm very thankful for that.  You all were wonderful guests here at Thirsty Dirt Ranch.  I'm already thinking about what to do for next year. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Kevin Boog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Boog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2021 at 10:44am
Thank you Mike and Nancy, 

I had a great experience at the TDR.  The only thing is a wish that the week hadn't gone by in a flash but the great photos that people are posting of the rides that that some of did not get too makes an impression of things one wants to experience next time if I'm lucky enough to gain another spot next year. 

Thank you for the multiple hours and effort you and Nancy invested in a very memorable time sharing with all the other flat fender owners. 

flatfender47 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatfender47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2021 at 11:33am
Mike could you share any stats about how many participants and the states where they came from ?
After you and Nancy are well rested of course.
1947 CJ2A 225V6 SM420 D30 PLok/D44 D/Locker Warn OD 5:38s
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2021 at 12:51pm
I was the lucky(!) guy who got to replace an intake valve in my motor last Week.  A huge shout out to all who helped me fix the motor.   I want to recognize three gents in particular:

- Host Mike for his wonderful man cave shop and a quality head gasket
- Tour guide Ron for having all the valve parts and tools I needed
- Jeep savant Joe Friday for his help getting the stuck valve out and suggesting the brake cleaner trick when the motor still didn't run well after fire-up!  

I was returning from a Monday ride when my motor suddenly starting struggling.  I thought maybe a hardened valve seat had lodged a valve open.  Turned out that my engine's valves were just sticking open from some sort of varnish goo on the stems.  The #1 intake was so stuck that it took 3 of us several hours to pry it out.  After putting the motor back together on Wed, it still ran bad. I was very frustrated and ready to just put my jeep on the trailer.  Keith Buckley suggested squirting the brake cleaner down the carb on a running engine and the trick worked.   Keith, thank you so much my friend! 

I normally drive my MB a lot but not in the last year.   Bad gas caught up with me. 

Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2021 at 12:56pm
Thanks also to Keith, Jennifer, John & Joan and the Mad Brit team for a day up Mt Antero on Saturday.   What a wonderful day!   Sorry... didn't take pics.

Edited by tamnalan - 28 Sep. 2021 at 1:02pm
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 29>