Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 28th Annual Spring Willys Reunion May 21-22, 2021
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

28th Annual Spring Willys Reunion May 21-22, 2021 - Event Date: 21 May 2021 - 22 May 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 4:11pm
LOLLOLLOL
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 4:13pm
Bill, 

I'll reverse engineer those Newgren parts if I see them at the show and make them for you at a later date.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Vintage Don View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Joe DeYoung Joe DeYoung wrote:

I'll reverse engineer those Newgren parts if I see them at the show and make them for you at a later date.

THAT'S  the guy - that we need to know a guy - that knows him....  haha LOL
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 5:27pm
Ever heard of Jeeps in January...
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 8:27pm
Since the genie seems to be out of the bottle here, how about a jointer and coulter for a Newgren one bottom plow?

Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:05pm
It's a week away before the Reunion & the guidelines for mask seem to change every day. What are the latest guidelines ?
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 8:09am
What time are we meeting at southington on Thursday? And since we’re only allowed on the 1 side of the park where are we unloading? Last year we parked and camped on the other side of the park.... (the closed side) 
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 9:41am
My plan is to stay close enough Wednesday night to be able to get to hotel early,  and unload there.    So to add another question,  what would be a good time to plan to leave hotel,  in flatties,  for drive to Southington?    I am open for any time.    I think I remember that BobEvans is staying at hotel Wednesday night? . .  so there will be at least one other driving from there.

Edited by JeepFever - 14 May 2021 at 10:28am
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 9:43am
Ok, a convoy from the hotel could be fun if they let us check in super early. Have you contacted the bertram about that? How long of a Jeep ride is it to southington?
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 10:27am
I was not planning to try to check in,   just parking the tow rig out in the boonies of the Bertram parking lot . .  where we did last time,  and unload.    Then check in when getting back from Southington.

This is from BarryS:
"I scouted 2 routes from place to place.  Southington Off Road Park is only 22 miles east of the Bertram Inn.  Rt.82 is a heavily traveled 2 lane and the way to go if you’re able to travel at highway speed or are towing a trailer.  If you want a more leisurely trip, Pioneer Trail Rd. is a rolling back road that runs parallel and just south of Rt. 82, and is perfect for Willys speed."

Edit:  also from BarryS:

"They asked about times and numbers so I just guessed at 11am to 5pm and 12 to 20 jeeps.  They can be flexible but would like to have an idea ahead of time.  Please post your plans here so I can update with them.  

Barry guessed 11am to 5pm when he talked to the staff.  We could probably use this a first pass at what the group would like to do.   How does this sound?

Originally posted by Millennium falcon Millennium falcon wrote:

. . .  And since we’re only allowed on the 1 side of the park where are we unloading? Last year we parked and camped on the other side of the park.... (the closed side) 

From Barry's post -> we are to enter from the south entrance off Rt82  (not where we entered last year).   Looking at satellite,  there appear to be several gravel "lots" . . . it seems tow rigs could be parked in those for anyone not going to hotel or campground first.

Another note from Barry that I forgot about until now . . .  

Everyone MUST sign a waiver ahead of time – I’ve included a link.  

http://www.southingtonoffroad.com/rules---waiver.html

I just signed the waiver.

reminder:  Cost is $25.00 per driver."

Edited by JeepFever - 14 May 2021 at 3:22pm
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by 47heater 47heater wrote:

It's a week away before the Reunion & the guidelines for mask seem to change every day. What are the latest guidelines ?

I don't know what the "official" Ohio guidelines and rules are (and I don't really care very much! haha) - but I can tell you this from firsthand experience. I have been to two or three outdoor swap meet type activities in Ohio in the past month or two. At all of these events, there was not a mask to be seen anywhere in sight. FWIW

willysreunion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willysreunion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by willysreunion willysreunion wrote:

“For the safety of everyone attending, all State of Ohio Covid-19 restrictions and guidelines in place at the time of the show will be strictly followed. We ask that you practice social distancing in all outdoor situations and wear masks at indoor public spaces while at the hotel and during registration”

I'll check with Bob for the latest info, but please be responsible and have a mask available and practice social distancing as much as possible. Be respectful of others when in close proximately especially during Hotel Check In, Reunion Registration, and the Food Vendor, or the Hotel Restaurant.  Even if fully vaccinated this is no different than any other virus or disease and you can still catch it and/or spread it. PLEASE Don't be that person...
Art C

Willys Reunion Staff - (Web Administrator)

http://willysreunion.com/
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 4:55pm
Ohio is lifting their restrictions as of June 2 which I know is later than the show but considering the cdc announcement the other day I’d say wear a mask if you like and maintain six feet if you like and if other ask you to do so please respect that.

Other than that …

The dinner is outside this year too
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 10:57am
Hey Joe, I have Newgren parts that were made by another machine shop several years ago. If you’d like I can loan them too you to replicate for others. Send me a Wish List and I’ll text pics to your phone. I’ll be at the Spring Reunion. Kevin 
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 11:02am
Bill I have a Single Bottom Newgren Plow. It’s complete . My Son plowed his garden with his tractor a few weeks ago. Let me know if I can help. I have some pics of it I could text to you. 
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Bob3b Bob3b wrote:

Ohio is lifting their restrictions as of June 2 which I know is later than the show but considering the cdc announcement the other day I’d say wear a mask if you like and maintain six feet if you like and if other ask you to do so please respect that.

Other than that …

The dinner is outside this year too

And it changed again last evening -

"CINCINNATI  - The State of Ohio is lifting its mask mandate immediately for vaccinated people in most settings.

The announcement came late Friday afternoon (a day after Thursday's announcement that Ohio would wait until June 2nd to lift its restrictions).

Here's how the new mandate works, as broken down by Governor Dewine’s Press Secretary Dan Tierney:

BETWEEN Now and JUNE 2ND - (After the Governor’s Modifies Ohio’s Health Order to reflect newest CDC Recommendations)

Anyone who is Fully vaccinated IS NO LONGER required to wear a mask unless you are in specifically designated areas like airplanes, busses, healthcare offices or in businesses or municipalities which require mask wearing.
Anyone who is Not vaccinated IS STILL REQUIRED to wear a mask any time they are indoors as well as anytime they are outdoors and cannot be socially distanced or when they are in specifically designated areas like airplanes, busses, healthcare offices, etc.
BEGINNING JUNE 2ND – (When the Governor will completely Lift the State’s Health Order dealing with Masks)

Mask wearing will become VOLUNTARY for EVERY Ohioan (vaccinated and non-vaccinated)---uness you are in specifically designated areas like airplanes, busses, healthcare offices, or in businesses or municipalities requiring."
Barry S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 7:52am
Only 5 days away!! Can't wait!    I’m trying to get an idea of how many are planning to wheel on Thursday so I can let the park know.  Here’s who I’ve got so far:

bobevans

JeepFever

Waddle?

Jpet

Millenium Falcon

Barry S

Please post your plans here so I can get back to Southington Offroad Park.  We have to enter from Rt. 82 on Thursday (see photo on page 3) and can go in starting at 11am.  DON’T FORGET TO SIGN THE WAIVER ONLINE!

1947 CJ2A 93664 "Grasshopper"
1947 CJ2A 90729
194? CJ2A 04893/194304
1946 CJ2A 46745
1946 CJ2A 36723
1945 MB   413665
1971 CJ5 8305017 375392 Drive train parts donor
Bantam Trailer T3-C 25487
waddle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 7:46am
Trail Willys sold. We will not be going to Southington . john
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>