Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great Willys Picnic Show and Swap - Event Date: 13 June 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2021 at 7:35pm
Thanks to the Windy Hill gang for doing all the hard work to put on this show, you guys are the best!!! It was a really good show.

Thanks mbullism for the oil pan :)
Doodledad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodledad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2021 at 8:19am
T’was a magnificent day! Good to see familiar faces and chat with friends and fellow enthusiasts! Hats off to Windy Hill for putting on another perfect day. Only 364 days until GWP 22!
46 2A 29938 (unrestored driver)
51 3A "Wilma"
55 3B Fountain
47 2A Yard Art
97 XJ “Lafaunduh”
00 TJ RockCrawler "Hooker"
13 Rubicon JKU "Alice"
48 C2A Eileen
00 TJ frame off resto “Stacy”
sparky13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2021 at 9:11am
Sounds like it was a good show. How about some pictures?
Mark
1946 CJ2A
Fred46 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2021 at 9:29am
My first ever visit to the Great Willys Picnic. This was my 4th event this spring seeking parts and making friends and I did great on both with hard to find and hard to ship items. As I’m sure others did as well. The venders I purchased from said they had a great day too moving their extra stuff. Thank you to the staff and promoters. The flea market venders were numerous with a great selection. The most small and large venders of all 4 events. With NO vender fee individuals with just a few items were able to just show up and set up and move their parts. The variety, quality and originality of Willys vehicles was astounding. Just an overall great event meeting some great folks. 
If you’ve never attend this event, give it a go next year. I’ll be back despite an overnight and 11 hour round trip from Ohio. It was worth it  👍😀

3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2021 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Bob W Bob W wrote:

Thanks to the Windy Hill gang for doing all the hard work to put on this show, you guys are the best!!! It was a really good show.

Thanks mbullism for the oil pan :)

X2
As Bob said, "Thanks again to The WINDY HILL GANG and all their efforts that make this such a pleasant event." Thanks to Seth & Heather for for their hospitality Sat. evening at Windy Hill. That is a bit of heaven if only for an evening. I missed a few of the regulars but did get to visit with old WILLYS friends & I made some new ones. I got a nice call from Bruce Mullen that made my day as we always try to park next to each other. I found a pair of marker light rings for you Bruce!
Thanks to Bob W. for the air cleaner too!
I do hope all had safe travels & I can hardly wait until next year with the Great WILLYS folks at Kempton, PA.
Stay Healthy & Happy Trails!

Edited by 3-48s - 14 June 2021 at 11:23am
1945 CJ2A #10536
1948 CJ2A #176528 "Elmer"
1948 CJ2A #155970 "Gray Mule"
1948 CJ2A #155365 "Old Yeller" (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 6147 (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 30856
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2021 at 4:00pm
It was our first time at the picnic. Great turn out...lots of fun. The train ride was neat too!  Here’s a video from our perspective! Thanks to everyone who made it happen! 

Rich M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2021 at 5:55pm
Great show! Thanks to Seth and crew for all the hard work. It was nice to put a few names and faces to screen names. Awesome to catch up with old friends and make new ones.
I didn't do any horse trading this year but other than a few unique actually rare pieces vendor prices were extremely reasonable. Some even free, some gave out free beer! Reinforces my belief Jeep people are good helpful people paying forward to the average hobbyist. Thanks everyone!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123