Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SCAM Alert! username Trevors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCAM Alert! username Trevors
    Posted: 08 Mar. 2021 at 12:02pm
Hi All

Just wanted to let everyone know that the user Trevors is a scam!

Do not send him any money or text the number he gives, it is his number not the person he is saying has the part. Also he uses the email autopartsstore01@aol.com.

His account has been locked.

Thank you
Russ

Edited by russnj - 08 Mar. 2021 at 9:39pm

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
uncamoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncamoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2021 at 12:46pm
I sort of wondered given the time the posts were listed at.
Thanks for your attention.
john
Rick Lane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2021 at 1:40pm
Just about to send him $120.00 for a regulator. Thanks for the protection. Rick
diver rick
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2021 at 6:27pm
  This is one of the two reasons I don’t buy anything from a new guy to the forum. 
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
2jeeper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2jeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2021 at 6:32pm
Definitely is a scam he got me for 
206.00 . I was thinking since he was on this 
Blog he was legitimate My mistake 
I'm learning everyday . I'm glad you got
the word out so quickly . 

uncamoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncamoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2021 at 6:35pm
Yep, I have a thing about liars. I'm usually good about filtering them out. Hard to  do on a computer but something felt wrong about the posts.
john
muley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2021 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Bruce W Bruce W wrote:

This is one of the two reasons I don’t buy anything from a new guy to the forum. 
BW 

I'll bite.. what's the second reason BW??
Joined Jan-8 2015
I never met a mule I didn't like!
OD Mule 01-52 M38
Big Red 19fiddy CJ3A salad
christophe Chevalet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophe Chevalet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2021 at 8:33pm
Thanks for this info
He send me a message with an phone number and he recommended to call on this phone number to get a Pulley drive availableCry
Willys CJ2A VEC VIN 12121 1946
Willys MB "Slat Grill"VIN 105879 1941
Willys Jeepster 673VJ VIN 10403 1950
Willys Pick-up 4WD 6-226 1960
Buckeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Buckeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2021 at 8:57pm
I believed he reviewed all the want to buy posts.  Then claimed he saw the item recently as an offering from fictitious member.  Provided a number to text. I asked for a picture of the item during the conversation to be provided. They were not very smart as they sent the very first image from Google of said item.

It was apparent it was a scam. They had the nerve to argue with me when I told them they were full of ....
1946 CJ2A #21766
1946 CJ2A #31484

Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2021 at 12:48am
Originally posted by muley muley wrote:

BW 

Well, actually, I guess, both reasons are the same. One is an out-and-out scam, like this one. The other is the guy that just never gets around to sending the item. With an established member here, you can out him or shame him and get him to remember. (Truthful, this has never been the case for me.) An FNG who has nothing to lose can disappear from the forum. This HAS happened. 
BW 

muley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2021 at 1:06am

Originally posted by muley muley wrote:

BW 

Well, actually, I guess, both reasons are the same. One is an out-and-out scam, like this one. The other is the guy that just never gets around to sending the item. With an established member here, you can out him or shame him and get him to remember. (Truthful, this has never been the case for me.) An FNG who has nothing to lose can disappear from the forum. This HAS happened. 
BW 

I'm always leery of the FNG that signs on then 1st thing hits the F/S section.. even the honest guys, once they sell their wares they often disappear.
Joined Jan-8 2015
I never met a mule I didn't like!
OD Mule 01-52 M38
Big Red 19fiddy CJ3A salad
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2021 at 2:34am
  Yep, they come here for only one reason - to sell what was left them by Dad or FIL. They have no interest in the forum or jeeps, just money. 
  I understand that some forums prevent newbies from buying or selling until they’ve been around a while. Might be a good thing?
BW 

oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2021 at 2:45am
Thumbs Up

Edited by oldtime - 09 Mar. 2021 at 2:59am
Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2021 at 2:59am
Originally posted by oldtime oldtime wrote:

Bruce that seems very strange because it seems to me that normal guys on the forum have no interest in money, just jeeps.Thumbs UpShockedShocked

Exactly. Normal guys on the forum. The ones that have been here a while, and show an interest in jeeps. 
BW 

bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2021 at 3:38am
But do we want to eliminate the guy who inherited Uncle Jim's Jeep stuff and wants to get rid of it?  He may not have an interest in Jeeps, but may want to get his aunt some spending money.  I suppose if I inherit a collection of Cabbage Patch Dolls, I would probably go to a Cabbage Patch doll site and try to sell them in an honest manner, but I have no interest in CPD
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2021 at 3:05pm
Yep, good catch!

I smelled something fishy when "Trevor" tried to Phish me with several messages in a row about various parts I had inquired about on the forum, as if he, or she was simply trying to be helpful. 

I also think it might be a good idea to block new guys from the classifieds for a while until they have engaged in some conversations at least.

If Johnny is trying to sell stuff he inherited let him try Craigslist where scammers are more welcome.

If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
Rockgod1619 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockgod1619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2021 at 3:29pm
He tried to get me too, since I was looking for a shock absorber washer tool.  Luckily for me I had already received one.
'51 CJ3a - Papa Doc (51829)
uncamoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncamoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2021 at 4:45pm
Let's be fair, Trevor maybe a female. As the old saying goes, "The deadliest of the species is usually the female".
Most of the parts I ever bought  were sitting there in my hand.
john
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>