Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Other Trailers Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spen Trailer "SOLD"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spen Trailer "SOLD"
    Posted: 03 Apr. 2021 at 4:12pm
I see there is a Bantam trailer listing but not one for the Spen. If you look at the Willys Approved Accessory Catalog the Bantam is not in it. Bantam and Willys were still fighting it out as to who owned the name and design of JEEP! It makes sense. Why would you advertise Bantam when you could use another manufacturer and deny Bantam money they needed to continue the fight. 
So any chance for a Spen section? 

Edited by Oakes - 29 Apr. 2021 at 2:41pm
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2021 at 7:23pm
I have a Spen trailer and I beleive it is serial number 2! Use it for shows.Thumbs Up
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Oakes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2021 at 7:51pm
Would love to see pictures. Have seen early Bantams but my Spen is a 45 or 46. My one jeep is a 45 and the other a 41

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2021 at 2:36am
Originally posted by Oakes Oakes wrote:

I see there is a Bantam trailer listing but not one for the Spen. If you look at the Willys Approved Accessory Catalog the Bantam is not in it. Bantam and Willys were still fighting it out as to who owned the name and design of JEEP! It makes sense. Why would you advertise Bantam when you could use another manufacturer and deny Bantam money they needed to continue the fight. 
So any chance for a Spen section? 

Hello Oakes,

If you look in the upper right corner of the page you will see this is also "The Bantam T3-C Page Forum". When I created my website "bantamt3c.com" Russ thecj2apage.com forum owner graciously agreed to host this forum for me. There are many "Jeep Trailers" that were produced but there is not a lot of traffic or interest in them as there is with the Bantam T3-C trailers.

We do have an "Other Trailers" area within our forum for all the rest and I invite you to post there on the Spen Trailer.
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
Oakes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2021 at 2:42pm
The Trailer Sold
 Post Reply Post Reply