Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reciver hitches who has 'em

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2021 at 10:14pm
removed draw bar, added removable receiver hitch that is also tied into bracing. can replace draw bar if desired. draw bar was bubba cut also to make way for bumperettes prior to my ownership so not significant loss. 

want to use bike carrier, hitch hauler, and change balls and ball height. caint do that with draw bar. did not significantly alter angle of departure.

CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2021 at 3:23pm
found this in an old forum post.

CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
wfopete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfopete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2021 at 4:14pm
My major issue is getting a solid mount to keep flex down and I'll likely need to place support bracing well forward on the frame rails.  I'm planning to use a receiver mounted motorcycle rack and I anticipate upwards of #350 of straight tongue weight.  Additionally the OEM cross brace has been cut out.  Probably a bit of fab work and welding involved before it's going to get the job done reliably. 
Suffer Fools, Gladly!
U.S. Army Iraq Veteran (ret.)
Downs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2021 at 5:25pm
Following.  Since I have my 2A down to the frame right now, it's as good as time as any to add receiver hitches on both ends.  I run my winches on 2inch carriers so I only have them on when I need them.  I still need to fab up a 2 inch receiver on the 5's front bumper and both ends of the 2 will need it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12