Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Suggestions and Comments for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Discussion about moving to new forum software

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2021 at 9:58pm
Or maybe just 'keep on keeping on' like it is....Wink

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2021 at 1:45pm
Any update?
I would love to post more photos but this site is the absolute worst for this. 
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2021 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by dasvis dasvis wrote:

Any update?
I would love to post more photos but this site is the absolute worst for this. 

X2   
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2021 at 2:21pm
Are you having trouble posting pictures from a cell phone or a PC?

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2021 at 3:14pm
please take a look at these, it may ease your pain.

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/posting-pics-on-and-off-site_topic18918.html

and rocnroll (see above post) has your back if you are needing PC help.

if you are on a Mac or iPhone, i may be able to further assist.

neither of the above pages are long and if any corrections or suggestions are needed, i would be happy to help.

Edited by bight - 13 Dec. 2021 at 3:19pm
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2021 at 5:02pm
I will be of no help whatsoever with a phone issue.....I'm only upgrading there because 3G will be defunct in the new year. Ermm

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

pilot195 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilot195 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2022 at 6:31pm
This is way late - have you already moved the forum? Is there a new URL?

If you’re still taking input, crowdstack pro works very well for this camper forum I use: https://community.lanceowners.org/

Jim
'46 Willys Jeep CJ-2A
USAF retired
IronAge52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IronAge52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 4:03pm
i am a old Jeep guy . have been playing with Jeeps for more than 50 years.
of all the Jeep Forums. I like this one the best except for down loading pictures, 2a page is the easiest and most fun to use.  I used to be on the 3b page for years . changed happened with them .
kinda went down the toilet . I rarely go back since.
Jerry,  San Diego

gearwrencher
Greyghost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 12:06am
I do find that this one is slow to respond and times out often. its the only site I regularly visit to do so.
Jeff J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 9:17am
Being relatively new here I wasn’t going to post in this thread. I wasn’t really caring for this forum until I finally figured out I was looking at it in “mobile” instead of “classic” mode. Unfortunately, what we like or don’t like about this forum is irrelevant. Change is coming because the software is no longer supported. I liked DOS 6. Even used the DOS command prompt for a long time after Windows became popular. Now were are up to Windows (?) And nothing before Windows 7 is supported anymore. Windows 10 won’t be with us for long which will force me to buy a new computer. This Forum is no different… change is coming whether we want it or not. 
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Jeff J Jeff J wrote:

I wasn’t really caring for this forum until I finally figured out I was looking at it in “mobile” instead of “classic” mode.

I think this is something a lot of people don't know.....thanks for mentioning it. People that have been here a long time know it but a lot of the new folks don't know the difference....and its a definate difference!

If I had to see it in 'mobile' all the time I wouldn't like it either!!

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 3:02am
OK, I will display my ignorance for all to see; What is meant by “mobile” instead of “classic” mode? I do not have any clue as to what each of these are.

In case it matters, I do not own a "Smart Phone". I only access any site with my PC.

TIA, Cpt Logger.
Greyghost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 4:43am
mobile, optimises the page for your phone screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 7:01am
Thanks for the reply.
mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 8:53am
So when is the change going to happen?  This thread started a year ago. 
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 9:21am
Originally posted by mickeykelley mickeykelley wrote:

Hopefully, it won't.....Wink

Logger, go to the Forum Home page, scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see where you can click on Mobile or Classic.....take a second to click on whichever one you are't currently using and you will see the difference.

It just changes the 'look' of the page....you won't mess up anything by doing it. You can swap back and forth.
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Crudayt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crudayt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2022 at 6:52am
 interesting information

Edited by Crudayt - 15 July 2022 at 6:53am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2022 at 12:53am
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

Originally posted by mickeykelley mickeykelley wrote:

Hopefully, it won't.....Wink

Logger, go to the Forum Home page, scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see where you can click on Mobile or Classic.....take a second to click on whichever one you are't currently using and you will see the difference.

It just changes the 'look' of the page....you won't mess up anything by doing it. You can swap back and forth.

Bolding mine.

I do not see this at the bottom of the Forum home page. Maybe it is a logger thing. Oh well, what I have works fine for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>