Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do TO your Jeep today? May 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you do TO your Jeep today? May 2021
    Posted: 15 May 2021 at 12:19pm
rain-x on windshield.

finished PIG mats. came out ok. they are tacky on back and hold in place well. my patterns could use perfecting, but were very close. the material can sorta conform to uneven surfaces. i may try application of the heat gun to see if that will improve conformance without melting the adhesive to the paint. that would not be good.

Edited by bight - 15 May 2021 at 7:52pm
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
48willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 5:05pm
Spent all afternoon fixing the back axle. I’ve noticed a loud thump every time I back up, tracked it down to slop in the axle key and a loose axle nut. Pulled a good shaft from a parts axle and swapped it in, double checking axle nut torque. No more thumping so hopefully it’s fixed.
1946 cj2a #28680
1948 chevy 3800 thriftmaster
1946-50's cj2a-3a farm jeep
1993 yj, aka the yj7
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 9:56pm
Took my wife and two grand kids out for cruise the loop night.  Also cruised by a house on a guy on hospice care who want to see some old vehicles.  A great night of cruising.
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
Fred46 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 11:10am
Busy weekend:
F4-134 - In ‘48 2A - investigating poor running before some years of storage, found stuck open intake #3, and crumbled exhaust gasket #4, was able to free valve (without removing head) removed manifold, adjusted all valves, new manifold & valve cover gaskets, reassembled. Now looking for short body Holley Mighty Might carb kit before disassembly/cleaning.
L4-134 - in ‘46 2A - previous investigation and manifold assembly removal (to perform valve adjustment) showed poor idle due to cracked intake #1-2, found replacement intake, adjusted valves, new gaskets, reassembled. Now waiting for starter rebuild. Hope to have back this week to drive to Willys Reunion this weekend. 
Rockgod1619 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockgod1619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 3:00pm
Sent an old, rusty, worn out Carter WO to Scoutpilot to rebuild!
'51 CJ3a - Papa Doc (51829)
jgodfrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgodfrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov. 2021 at 10:50am
Originally posted by 48willys 48willys wrote:

Spent all afternoon fixing the back axle. I’ve noticed a loud thump every time I back up, tracked it down to slop in the axle key and a loose axle nut. Pulled a good shaft from a parts axle and swapped it in, double checking axle nut torque. No more thumping so hopefully it’s fixed.

This looks like exactly what I was thinking, but didn't know someone made it.  I will get some and try it out.  I was going to have to painter spray a bedliner-type material in the footwells but decided to figure it out later.  Too excited to get it back for assembly I guess.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply