Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do WITH your Jeep today? June 2021
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do WITH your Jeep today? June 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 8:13pm
just about done with disk brakes on all 4 corners.   
Charlie
46 CJ2A 26063
46 CJ2A 19760
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 12:20am
Buta46,

Those pictures remind me of my biggest mistake in 4-wheeling. Back in 88 I drove a nearly new 1986 Isuzu Trooper through a place that looked a bit like that. It wasn't a beaver pond, but a big mud hold in an old strip mine. I saw tracks on both side of the mud hole so figured I could cross it too. I didn't realize until it was too late that the air intake, which was in the grill on that ride, was sucking a good bit of muddy water into the engine. 

The oil pressure dropped enough on the other side that I had it towed home. I ended up rebuilding the engine, and the crank looked like it had been threaded. Had to be turned .060 under. 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 12:22am
I worked on my 67 CJ5 today. Installed a new gas tank, and fuel pump so now the Jeep will run on it's own without the boat gas tank I have been using. Next project is brakes.

Drove my CJ2A into town again, but nobody noticed.
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
DesertDog48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesertDog48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2021 at 2:02pm
Worked the Bantam Jeepfest history booth and drove the handicap cart around. Had Old Ruby in the parade and jeep invasion Friday evening. Close to 1500 Jeeps in the parade. What a GREAT turnout. Lots of trails and activities. 3 beautiful Bantam Jeeps built here in Butler.
48 CJ2A
83 CJ7 Lerado
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2021 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Oldpappy Oldpappy wrote:

. . .

Drove my CJ2A into town again, but nobody noticed.

What!!  ?   LOL

I am so used to getting thumbs up while driving,  people coming up in parking lots,  gas stations etc,  - > that it is so surprising when not a single person notices for an entire outing.  . .  oh well,  not everyone notices these 70+ year old gems.  Wink
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2021 at 11:53pm
Not to hijack this thread,  but my post above reminded me of experience yesterday.   I was traveling down a scenic back-country road,  and noticed a Porsche Carrera? approaching, then another and another.  Obviously a group outing.    I put my "thumbs up" in windshield for next 10 or so cars,  but did not get a single reply!       Not to criticize anyone,   but that is one thing I like about Jeeps,  and older cars in general . .  that recognition of something different.
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2021 at 12:11am
Yard drove my '47 for about 30 minutes. 

BUTA46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUTA46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2021 at 5:40am
-Late Entry- Last night we took my wife over to Day’s Store down by the lake to pick up some sammiches and a bota box. Got the “Strato-Freeze Air Conditioner”-(Brother Dave) on and feeling fine. Beautiful drive.

Edited by BUTA46 - 19 June 2021 at 6:08am
BUTA- Back Up Try Again

46 CJ2A #73349   “Poison Icky”
46 CJ2A #51119.   “Rock Sand”
46 CJ2A #80102.   “Marilyn Jean”
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2021 at 12:31pm
heading out for some field and stream crossing on a nice day (but ended up covered in ticks):

CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
DMusil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMusil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2021 at 1:18pm
Installed overdrive in my 47 CJ2A.Smile
DMusil
JohnB View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2021 at 4:23pm
Attended Fathers Day car show at Museum of Transport in St Louis. 
A great day with wife, kids and grandsons!!
a4cj2a77 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a4cj2a77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2021 at 12:12am
Rented a sod cutter and used the trusty Willys for transportation. 
Phil
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12