Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Debellas new jeep bodies?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Debellas new jeep bodies?
    Posted: 17 June 2021 at 8:52am
Has anyone here recently bought a new body or body kit from 
 Peter Debellas jeep parts for any flat fender jeep?  How much better is it from the MD Juan repops? 

Edited by jeeper50 - 17 June 2021 at 8:54am

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 10:28am
There was some discussion of these on the G503 forum, and comments from some who have bought one of these bodies. So probably would be worth a search, or inquiry over there.
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 10:46am
I pulled up the website a while back for Shree Ganesh Industries. 
It seems to me that their only civilian model is the CJ-2A. 
I am much more inclined toward MD Juan since my main interest would be a 3A body.
Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

jgodfrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgodfrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2021 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by jeeper50 jeeper50 wrote:

Has anyone here recently bought a new body or body kit from 
 Peter Debellas jeep parts for any flat fender jeep?  How much better is it from the MD Juan repops? 

I have been working with Peter for the last few months trying to get one.  I have one on order and it will ship from SGI before the end of the month.  I will immediately report on the initial fit and the tweaks required (with plenty of pictures).  I have researched this a fare bit and the SGI bodies seem to have a good chance to up the quality and consistency.  Based on what I saw recently on 3 MD Juan bodies I could not do it.

After talking to Peter I placed my order.  I ordered the entire kit, but hopefully I will be able to use my hood, grill, and windshield.  If I can I will sell the other parts.  I ordered it bare, without primer, because I plan to use epoxy primer.  I wasn't confident it what they use, so since it was an option to order it bare - I did.

Jason
DesertDog48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesertDog48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2021 at 7:50pm
Will it come with some type of coating? I'd be worried about surface rust.
48 CJ2A
83 CJ7 Lerado
jgodfrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgodfrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2021 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by DesertDog48 DesertDog48 wrote:

Will it come with some type of coating? I'd be worried about surface rust.
It comes primed, but when I spoke to Peter and SGI they have the option to send it without primer.  Both Peter and SGI did not think this would be an issue.  I guess I will find out.

If you look at the pictures on Peter's site they are pretty compelling from a quality perspective.  They are primed in green from SGI, but since I may need to make some modifications to get it to fit, I figured I would be disturbing that anyway.
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2021 at 7:18pm
Looking forward to your findings, and the fit of an original windshield to their cowl. post lots of pics. I am gonna have to wait for a 3B tub

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

jgodfrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgodfrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2021 at 4:33pm
Just a quick update on the shipping.  The representative I have been conversing with sent me these pictures with the caption, "Prepping for shipment today."  I was told mine is in the plastic in the back row.

oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2021 at 4:52pm
I can see the spot welds on your tub !
Spray it with SPI black epoxy primer !
It’s by far the best stuff that I have ever used.
The black SPI epoxy primer does not even require a top coat.
It has a 72 hour window for topcoating.
Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

Post Reply Post Reply