Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Q8’s Wheel in the Catskills - New York

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2021 at 12:06pm
thanks for the reply
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2021 at 10:30am
Those are some great pictures, and looks like a lot of fun. It does remind me of Tellico too, but it is part of the same mountains so it should. 

Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

That looks a lot like what Tellico used to look like back when it was pristine years and years ago.....before it basically got used up and closed.....or was ' returned to nature' however you want to say it.

Some of my best Jeeping memories are from Tellico . . . it was probably 1/2 used up then,  when I first saw it  . . Wilson's first Jeep Jamboree.   I can't remember the year,  but I think it was the 8th Jamboree there.  

I learned to drive in Tellico when I was a kid. Two of my uncles had WW2 Jeeps they brought on the hunting trips my father took me and my brothers on back in the 60s and early 70s. Back then you could go anywhere you wanted to and we went all over those mountains in those old Jeeps.  

Now they have gates on all the roads that go into the back country, so unless you feel like walking you are limited to the main roads.
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12