Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

(FOUND) Used Set of Canvas Top Door Handles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (FOUND) Used Set of Canvas Top Door Handles
    Posted: 31 Aug. 2021 at 2:18pm
Hello fellow Jeepers. I'm located in the Black Hills of SD and have a used set of doors I wish to re-cover to match my Bikini Top that is home made for my trail Jeep. When it gets rainy/cold while out in the boonies, I'd like doors to go with that top. Otherwise I'm a windshield down sort. I'm missing the chrome handles , through shaft, and inside paddle that holds the door shut against the top's vertical rod. Does anyone have a used set of handles off your old top??????????? If you wish to part with them, let me know what you would like to sell them for. Here or PM me. These go on my '48 CJ2A. I don't need any of the other stuff, just complete handles. Thanks, John

Edited by Oilleaker1 - 31 Aug. 2021 at 8:50pm
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2021 at 5:35pm
In case no one has a spare set, I noticed New Life Canvas offers latches (near the bottom):

I bought a pair of the striker plates for later on.

Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2021 at 5:50pm
Thanks for the lead Russ! Those handles are the original style while the later vinal aftermarket tops had a chrome handle with a jam nut. The "Paddle" side had a square shaft attached it it that pushed through the door frame handle hole and fabric into the handle and then was adjusted as needed while tightening the jam nut. I'm hoping to find the aftermarket type. Wink
oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2021 at 8:03pm
John, I posted what I have available in the FS column.
Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2021 at 8:34pm
Thanks Ken. I just got a picture of what I was looking for from another member here. I think they are found. Thanks for all the responses. John
OldJeepBob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldJeepBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2021 at 8:18pm
I would love to know how you edited your post to show you found what you were hunting??
REPS
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2021 at 9:25pm
I think the OP has the option when selecting "Edit" to also edit the title.
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
OldJeepBob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldJeepBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2021 at 9:55pm
Rus:
Thanks from this Georgia Double Dawg.
Bob Price
REPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2021 at 6:22am
Originally posted by Rus Curtis Rus Curtis wrote:

I think the OP has the option when selecting "Edit" to also edit the title.

Exactly! 
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2021 at 8:01am
Originally posted by OldJeepBob OldJeepBob wrote:

I would love to know how you edited your post to show you found what you were hunting??

Click that little gear that says Post Options....that will open a drop down, select Edit Post.. ( you will only see this option on posts you have made)

If you are the original poster of the thread you will be able to edit the the body and also the title.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
 Post Reply Post Reply