Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do WITH your Jeep today? SEPTEMBER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do WITH your Jeep today? SEPTEMBER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 43 Flat-Fender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you do WITH your Jeep today? SEPTEMBER
    Posted: 03 Sep. 2021 at 4:50pm
I'll start September.

I had the honor of leading a convoy (with our Louisville, KY based MVPA chapter) acknowledging the 76th anniversary of the end of WWII, 2 September 1945.  Most importantly, we had a WWII veteran with us who was there as a sixteen year old!!!!  He was at the tip of the spear in several major engagements in the pacific.  The emotion is still with him all these years later.  Watch the videos to appreciate the emotion and his enduring love of the USA.

Edited by 43 Flat-Fender - 03 Sep. 2021 at 4:52pm
Rob
GPW 94445 (DOD 01-25-43) Built in Louisville KY
Engine: MB341746
"Faithful Steed" since 1967
Scratch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2021 at 8:19pm
Very cool!
I had an MVPA convoy come through my area a few weeks ago!
43 GPW 93487 Blk
44 GPW 230283 OD
46 CJ2A 50100 Tan
46 CJ2A 77632 Wht
47 CJ2A 141681 Grn
48 CJ2A 156240 Red/Yel
48 CJ2A "Lefty" 181341 Red
61 CJ5 123120 Tan
03 TJ Inca Gld
jeepsterjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2021 at 9:35pm
picked up another D-30 Power Lok for the front differential. 

Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep. 2021 at 11:39am
Getting ready to take the Jpet canvas half-cab off Ol' Red and put her on my trailer headed for Colorado Fall Color Tour. I didn't expect to be able to go this year because I was high on the alternate list. Many people dropped out for one reason or another, but Ol' Red and I are going to make it at least this year. Both of us are kind of long in the tooth to be galivanting around the Colorado mountains much longer.
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep. 2021 at 11:42am
  I’m glad you’re coming, it’ll be good to see you. There are several friends who missed the first cut but got in. 
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep. 2021 at 12:02pm
It will be good to see you too, Bruce. Looking forward to following you around at least once during the stay. You do have a service manual for that don't you?
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep. 2021 at 2:37pm
  Yep. It’s called a map. Wink
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2021 at 4:35pm
Went for a field ride after the hay was cut & picked up.

Edited by 3-48s - 16 Sep. 2021 at 4:39pm
1945 CJ2A #10536
1948 CJ2A #176528 "Elmer"
1948 CJ2A #155970 "Gray Mule"
1948 CJ2A #155365 "Old Yeller" (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 6147 (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 30856
19Cargo42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19Cargo42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2021 at 6:09pm
Looking good!
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2021 at 7:37pm
headin' out to go a splittin'

CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2021 at 10:25pm
Drove my 47 into town this morning to go to the Post Office, and some youngster in the parking lot trotted over and said "That is a Bad A$$ ride, what is it?"  

I thought it was cool that even though he didn't really know what it was, he liked it, and asked a lot of questions. 

If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2021 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by 3-48s 3-48s wrote:

Went for a field ride after the hay was cut & picked up.

Life IS good.  Smile

Nice photos!
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2021 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by bight bight wrote:

headin' out to go a splittin'

That time of year.  Smile
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2021 at 7:39pm
did some splittin', now headin' out with the whole shebang to cut some more downed trees. i won't need to cut anything live for years.

CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2021 at 11:09pm
Two of my grandsons ages 7 and 9 spent the night at our place. The 9 year old was asking about riding in my Jeep last night, so this morning after breakfast and the kids taking a swim, I brought the Jeep up the hill from the barn and the 9 year old was out in the yard jumping around excited when I pulled into the driveway.

I first took him for a ride down the road and back, then took the younger one for a ride. They were both very excited about it, and wanted to ride some more but it started raining and I had the top off and the windshield down, so had to put her back in the barn. Was cool that they got such a kick out of it, and I expect there will be many more rides with them in the future.  
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2021 at 8:06am
I took our 1949 CJ3a Farm Jeep to the Brown County (Indiana) Antique Machinery Show on Friday and Saturday.  This is the smallest show I attend and it was the very first show where I exhibited the Jeep.  My son Evan and I have collected ads, equipment book pages and notebooks full of facts and information that we have laminated so they can be left out in the weather.

My favorite part of the show takes place Friday morning when bus loads of elementary school kids arrive for an outdoor classroom experience.  I used the display material to show how kids were expected to be farmhands at there age. 

My friend Craig parked his 1948 CJ2a next to us.  Craig has gone to the John Deere side (he has a nice collection of restored JD tractors), although he still has Jeep projects in the works.  Craig hasn't installed his Newgren lift or PTO yet, so the 2a is "stock". This led to some discussions of what constitutes "farm equipment (or machinery)."  I stated that trucks, pickups for sure, were and are important pieces of farm equipment and many shows include trucks. 

Another exhibitor said he had a restored 1952 GMC at home and I encouraged him to bring it to the show.  Since he only lived a mile or so away, he went home and returned with the truck after lunch.  He was shocked when people were stopping him before he had parked and asking questions about the beautifully restored truck.

I, along with many others, am concerned about the declining attendance at these shows.  I encourage you to not only attend these antique machinery shows, but to exhibit your Jeeps.  You don't need to have any of the Farm Jeep equipment to qualify.  Just show as a farm truck.  I can pretty much guarantee you will draw a crowd and have a great time.

Barry

Edited by lhfarmbt - 19 Sep. 2021 at 12:00pm
https://www.farmjeep.com/
sparky13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2021 at 4:28pm
Hey bight.  What is the name brand of your bikini top? How do you have it fastened to the windshield? 
Mark
1946 CJ2A
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2021 at 6:37pm
made it from a damaged BesTop. heres the link, go to page 2.

i used stud snaps. i was going cheap and easy. CS fasteners would have been better and most forum members seem to agree. plus CS fasteners are original.
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>