Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Collect What Else?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCtoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2021 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by jeepgod2000 jeepgod2000 wrote:

Explosives wooden crates. (Dynamite boxes)

There’s an interesting one. Would love to see some pics. Are you in the blasting industry?

I don’t know that I actively collect anything in particular, but like others here I have a lot of the same guns and knives and tractors and farm stuff. It all gets used more than collecting it to have. Old stuff has always interested me.  The last couple years I’ve been into r/c planes, so I’ve accumulated a few of them. 

Edited by NCtoy - 17 Sep. 2021 at 9:35pm
muley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2021 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by NCtoyIt all gets used more than collecting it to have. Old stuff has always interested me.  
[/QUOTE NCtoyIt all gets used more than collecting it to have. Old stuff has always interested me.   [/QUOTE wrote:

What Will said there sort of puts heavy horses and wagons into perspective. The horses

What Will said there sort of puts heavy horses and wagons into perspective. The horses are used and cared for daily, 365 days a year. Cant  put them on a shelf to dust off once a year. And as to "old stuff" i'll revise that to "old ways". Teamsters and the knowledge gained from years of experience are disappearing, I don't see much interest in younger folks to pick up where they left off. It's always a joy to put on a demonstration or give wagon rides at a public function to the delight of folks who say "my great grampa farmed with mules".

Edited by muley - 17 Sep. 2021 at 10:45pm
Joined Jan-8 2015
I never met a mule I didn't like!
OD Mule 01-52 M38
Big Red 19fiddy CJ3A salad
General Eisenhower View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Eisenhower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2021 at 2:00am
Throwing my hat in, firearms, old tools, military installation maps, usually the ones I've been to or stationed. I have happened onto a decent collection of playboy magazines, mostly 60s and 70s, pretty cool to see, but not sure what to do with them.
Also a big coca cola fan, if the bottle opener mounted to my dash wasnt indicative enough.
I Like Ike!
1948 CJ2a "Hefty Horse"
1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2016 Jeep JKU 75th anniversary edition
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2021 at 6:00am
Muley, 
One of the guys I work with grew up with mules and his father still has 6 that he shows and pulls with. His Dad is pushing 100 and has a farm in Kentucky. I'd guess he stays busy enough to keep himself in good shape mentally and physically. Seems like a good life to me. 
I like old stuff too. Besides the Willys, we have a '63 Nova SS with 350, Muncie M20, 4 link, and CPP subframe. I also like early 70's JD garden tractors and JD Push mowers with Kawasaki engines. Have to keep the lawn mowed. My son who is 18 is collecting vinyl. We have a nice Yamaha Receiver, older Kenwood turntable, and a pair of Phase Technologies PC3.1 speakers that the wife and I bought 20 or so years ago. I just bought him a '96 USA made Fender Strat and he is learning to play it. He keeps the house rocking. I also have a few bikes. My Dad bought me the Competition Scrambler in the pic brand new in the mid 70's. 

Edited by drm101 - 18 Sep. 2021 at 6:06am
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
The less the Power the More the Force
Doug Timme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2021 at 11:41am
Toys from my childhood, Dodge vans and vintage "boogie van" parts. I dabble in bicycles.  Anything that is cool. Like I tell my wife "it aint hoarding if your stuff is cool"

Edited by Doug Timme - 18 Sep. 2021 at 11:42am
General Eisenhower View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Eisenhower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2021 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Doug Timme Doug Timme wrote:

Toys from my childhood, Dodge vans and vintage "boogie van" parts. I dabble in bicycles.  Anything that is cool. Like I tell my wife "it aint hoarding if your stuff is cool"

As my father always says "it ain't eating nothing"
I Like Ike!
1948 CJ2a "Hefty Horse"
1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2016 Jeep JKU 75th anniversary edition
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2021 at 1:52pm
This post got me thinking of my Dad... He has been collecting WWII surplus, toys, memorabilia for over 50 years.. He just retired this year and is starting to down size and move some items. I just grabbed some pics this morning while I was over there working on the plow jeep.

- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2021 at 2:00pm
Well... If you don't have room for it, and you're paying storage... is is eating up money...

My mother in laws house was filled to the roof with empty boxes, bags, rubber bands, string, rummage, JUNK !
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2021 at 2:18pm
Wow that's some display!

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
muley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2021 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by General Eisenhower General Eisenhower wrote:

Originally posted by Doug Timme Doug Timme wrote:

As my father always says "it ain't eating nothing"

Ah yes, the trouble with horses..
Joined Jan-8 2015
I never met a mule I didn't like!
OD Mule 01-52 M38
Big Red 19fiddy CJ3A salad
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2021 at 7:20pm
ggordon49,

alls i can say is woah.

and then say, when i was a kid i built every model i could get my hands on. i would collect soda pop bottles to get nickels to save to buy a model. then started building WWII dioramas. what your pop has there blows my mind.

he must hold the record for most Jeeps owned!
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123