Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spare gas cans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov. 2021 at 11:54am
Thanks BD1.
1952 CJ3A (Lil'Green)
early M38A1(Ole Green)
1970 Jeepster Commando
windyhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windyhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov. 2021 at 1:36pm
I had one of the old metal Jerry cans for years, and it leaked pouring etc. I got tired of it.  I go a newer plastic version (looks just the same) Started making them in the early 90's I believe, they have a black flexible spout and it's been fantastic.  One of the best out there, far superior to the metal if you can find one.  And they fit in the old carriers!
these:

Edited by windyhill - 12 Nov. 2021 at 1:47pm
'48 CJ2A
'53 CJ3B
'59 CJ6
'65 CJ5
'67 CJ5
willyt View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2021 at 5:57pm
Thanks for the tip windyhill. I’ll check into that.
1952 CJ3A (Lil'Green)
early M38A1(Ole Green)
1970 Jeepster Commando
BD1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2021 at 7:13pm
I have to apologize, I got pretty busy getting ready for fall this weekend and totally forgot about checking the Wavian can in the old style can holder. The light bulb came on once I was back in southern Maine and checked in here. I promise I'll check it when I get back home on Thursday.
BD
'47 CJ2a, Shiny on top!
'55 CJ5 project
willyt View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2021 at 8:03pm
That’s ok BD. No rush.
1952 CJ3A (Lil'Green)
early M38A1(Ole Green)
1970 Jeepster Commando
BD1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov. 2021 at 5:02pm
The Wavian can fits the military jerry can holder just fine. As near as I can tell the outside dimensions of the Wavian can are pretty near identical to the one military Jerry can I have.

One downside to the Wavian Can that I found today, The Wavian plastic spout fits into a plastic holder on top of the can and is held in place by the clamp that holds the can in place. However, when I pulled the can off the back of Shiny this evening to check the fit in the military carrier I noticed that the half of the spout that mates to the can was missing!  Glad I didn't need it this hunting season.  Apparently that spout setup does not hold up to the pucker brush I've been driving through.  I'm hoping I can buy just the spout.

Edited by BD1 - 27 Nov. 2021 at 5:03pm
BD
'47 CJ2a, Shiny on top!
'55 CJ5 project
willyt View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2021 at 9:14am
BD sorry for the late reply. No cell or internet service from hunt camp. Man, that was great! Then having to catch up at home for being gone for a week.

Thank you for taking the time to check out the fitment question I had. I purchased a Harbor Freight can. It will work until I get my '52 era can refinished.

Thanks again... Bill
1952 CJ3A (Lil'Green)
early M38A1(Ole Green)
1970 Jeepster Commando
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123