Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do WITH your Jeep today, Nov. 2021
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do WITH your Jeep today, Nov. 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you do WITH your Jeep today, Nov. 2021
    Posted: 08 Nov. 2021 at 7:15pm
got back out with the splitter to some wood left on the property by previous owner. much more fun tuggin the splitter with the Willys than the pickup. but the crappy turning radius and short trailer create significant backing challenges. but at least i can see the splitter while backing up. 

the "questionably legal" suicide knob helps a lot.

Edited by bight - 08 Nov. 2021 at 7:31pm
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
General Eisenhower View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Eisenhower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2021 at 9:23pm
Ditto on the steering knob!

I Like Ike!
1948 CJ2a "Hefty Horse"
1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2016 Jeep JKU 75th anniversary edition
General Eisenhower View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Eisenhower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2021 at 9:25pm
But today I finally got the mb exhaust tucked up properly now

I Like Ike!
1948 CJ2a "Hefty Horse"
1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2016 Jeep JKU 75th anniversary edition
Michaeltru View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michaeltru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2021 at 11:13pm
It’s also correct exhaust for 2As up to serial number 18638
Mike in AZ
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov. 2021 at 7:20pm

This is my first attempt at posting a video, hope it works. Youtube made me pick a time for this to publish, which was 4:30pm pst.

Here is some video that I shot at my former home some years ago. It was before the lockers and big tires- probably soon after it was running. The blackberries are 7-8 feet tall and thick- it took quite a while to get all the vines out of the driveshafts. 

It was heartening to see some forgotten video of my dog Zola in her younger days, who I had to put down yesterday. It may have been the worst day I’ve had. 

Anyway, fast forward through the first minute to get to the good stuff; just be prepared to see the pale Oregonian.

Edited by otto - 10 Nov. 2021 at 7:21pm
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov. 2021 at 8:03pm
i never thought to put down my brush cutter and simply drive through the brush. funny. love your dog popping in and following you. 

sorry for your loss.
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)

Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michaeltru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov. 2021 at 8:28pm
But I love blackberries. Lol. Sorry to hear about your dog. Sad times
Mike in AZ
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov. 2021 at 9:25pm
Otto,

Dogs are probably the only creature in God's creation capable of true unconditional love.

The price we pay for having them in our lives is we eventually lose them. They just don't live as long as we do.

I have had many dogs in my life time, loved them every one, and I surely know what it is like to have to put one down. It is better when they just go in their sleep, but that doesn't always happen, and when they are suffering it is our responsibility to ease their way out.

I have five dogs now, three of them are really old. 

My old Chihuahua "Chubby", who selected me as his human, and has been a constant companion, is 16. He has lately really started to show his age. He can't jump up on the couch anymore, has arthritis in his knees, and has to be carried up and down the stairs, but he is still the same little loving dog he has always been. I dread him reaching the end of the trail. My old Siberian Husky "Mishka" is at least 15, probably older. She came to us as a stray, so we don't know for sure how old she is, but she is ancient for a Husky, and still doing fairly well. I have another old Chihuahua which was my mother's dog. He is over 18, is blind, deaf, and incontinent, but he still eats every day, wags his tail, and seems happy, so we provide an assisted living facility for him. 

The other two are middle aged Boston Terriers, still hyper active, and full of love. 

Edited by Oldpappy - 10 Nov. 2021 at 9:26pm
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov. 2021 at 11:19am
Gentlemen, thank you for the kind thoughts. I've had a few dogs, but I truly loved this one. My tear ducts are thoroughly flushed. Here is a picture that Dennis (Berettajeep) took during Mike in Oregon's 2017 Spring Fling; it really captures her essence & spirit.

I like blackberries also, just don't care for the vines they grow on! Western Oregon seems to be ideal growing conditions for them and I would have to run over that grove every couple of years. 

47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!

Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michaeltru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov. 2021 at 11:36am
Happy dog.  Great picture
Mike in AZ
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov. 2021 at 1:48pm
can see that tail a waggin'

and the doggie smile. nothin better. 

we need to remind ourselves it is the best part of life. 

my dog leica did a somersault down a hill once. unbelievable and the greatest thing i ever witnessed. man i miss her deeply.  

Edited by bight - 11 Nov. 2021 at 1:52pm
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov. 2021 at 4:31pm
Visited a couple of car lots.....Big smile

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
muley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov. 2021 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

Visited a couple of car lots.....Big smile

How much for the one with the red wheels??Wink
Joined Jan-8 2015
I never met a mule I didn't like!
OD Mule 01-52 M38
Big Red 19fiddy CJ3A salad
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov. 2021 at 4:46pm
Well I can't really price that one but I will tell you if I traded it in on that tan four door and they allowed me half the asking price for it on trade, I'd still be paying $30k for that four door!! Unbelievable what those Gladiators are bringing....and our area here is covered up with them!!

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2021 at 11:42pm
i made a Turkey run today with CHUG. My boss gives us a nice Turkey each year. Normally right before Christmas but this year with the rumors of a shortage they got them early. So his son brought them into the yard in Salem we park our trucks at. And since I had today off. I watched the weather report and got a nice break in the rain I could run in with CHUG. It got a bunch of tiny mud spots all over everywhere. It appears I have gotten the transfercase leaks under control.
Looks like at least a couple more runs this weekend.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov. 2021 at 6:25pm
Great minds think alike, or at least that is my story and I am sticking to it.

I too made a run into town this morning in my CJ2A to get a turkey for next week.

Don't have a boss, and Turkey shoots are a thing of the past around here, so I had to pay for mine. Cry

I plan to drive one of my Jeeps down to my woodlot tomorrow to cut some hickory for the smoker. 

If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov. 2021 at 10:13pm
Went and bagged me a 7 footer....(well, actually got it without a bag) LOL

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov. 2021 at 11:36am
Snap! That’s Christmas sorted !

Post Reply Post Reply