Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeeps in January 2022 - Event Date: 29 Jan. 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2022 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by 48walker 48walker wrote:

I don't really know anyone, but I remember at the last one everybody was friendly and you've got the best garage/museum in the state.  If there's room for one more I'd sure like to attend
I've only met one person, one other time also, but I'm sure it'll be a great time!
43 GPW 93487 Blk
44 GPW 230283 OD
46 CJ2A 50100 Tan
46 CJ2A 77632 Wht
47 CJ2A 141681 Grn
48 CJ2A 156240 Red/Yel
48 CJ2A "Lefty" 181341 Red
61 CJ5 123120 Tan
03 TJ Inca Gld
Vintage Don View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2022 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Scratch Scratch wrote:

I don't really know anyone, but I remember at the last one everybody was friendly and you've got the best garage/museum in the state.  If there's room for one more I'd sure like to attend
I've only met one person, one other time also, but I'm sure it'll be a great time!

It's been my experience - after 50+ years of going to every kind of vehicle event there is - that Jeep/Willys folks are some of the most welcoming that there are. I've been a stranger at tons of such gatherings. But not after the first few hours!  I just think of it as a group of "friends I haven't met yet."

Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2022 at 10:34am
Sorry I haven't posted about the event in a while, I've been up to my eyeballs in keeping the machine shop humming and getting things prepared for JIJ.

48Walker... yes yes yes... plenty of room for all that want to attend. At last count, it looks like there will be anywhere from 30-40 people attending the event. This is going to be a great time!!

So I've had a few questions about the event and my shop and couple of them really surprised me.
--1) I've been asked if my shop was heated. I just assumed everyone knows that my shop is heated/cooled year round. So for anyone thinking about coming and are concerned about the cold weather... my shop is heated.... 70°. 
-- 2) Another question was about parking... how much room and how far away. I have a pretty good sized parking lot and have also plowed a section behind the shop so there is plenty of parking close to the building.  

Don, you mentioned name tags. This event is growing with lots of new people coming, so I think name tags would be a good idea and I thank you for the suggestion. I'll have name tags available for people to fill out when they get here.

Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2022 at 10:38am
NEW IDEA.... PLEASE READ

We have a last minute idea of making a jeep collage on a large canvas that I think will be really cool. The canvas is going to have an outline of a jeep drawn on it. Inside the jeep outline will be pics of jeeps from the JIJ attendees. On the outside of the jeep outline we want attendees to sign their name and maybe write a short message about JIJ. To pull this off, I will need jeep photos from you folks attending the event. Can everyone bring a favorite photo of their jeep to fasten to the canvas or email us a photo that we can print for you? Please note that the photos you bring will not be returned as they will be a permanent part of the collage. Photos can be emailed to either:

joedeyoung@madcitymfg.com    or  Tracie@madcitymfg.com

Hopefully we can get enough photos to make this work.

Thanks,
Joe
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2022 at 12:12pm
There has been mention of door prizes, I’ll try and pick up a roll of tickets for that as well 👍🏽

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2022 at 12:49pm
I'm guessing you would prefer a "real" photo - like on glossy photo stock paper - as opposed to just printed out on computer paper. And if I ask if you want it with or without people or a driver, you would say "doesn't matter." 

(I'll see the response later - Gotta go roll my not-running Jeep outta the Shop and into the 7° snow and take a picture now. And then winch it back in....No, really! hahaha)

Edited by Vintage Don - 26 Jan. 2022 at 12:50pm
Scratch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2022 at 12:52pm
Great idea on the collage Joe!  That should look pretty cool!
Now to pick my favorite jeep to bring a pic of....Confused
43 GPW 93487 Blk
44 GPW 230283 OD
46 CJ2A 50100 Tan
46 CJ2A 77632 Wht
47 CJ2A 141681 Grn
48 CJ2A 156240 Red/Yel
61 CJ5 123120 Tan
03 TJ Inca Gld
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2022 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Vintage Don Vintage Don wrote:

I'm guessing you would prefer a "real" photo - like on glossy photo stock paper - as opposed to just printed out on computer paper. And if I ask if you want it with or without people or a driver, you would say "doesn't matter." 

(I'll see the response later - Gotta go roll my not-running Jeep outta the Shop and into the 7° snow and take a picture now. And then winch it back in....No, really! hahaha)

YUP... doesn't matter. It can be a running beauty queen with your best in class trophy on the hood or it can be a non running heep in the corner with your dog peeing on the wheel. It just needs to be your jeep.

If you don't' have a print, then just email me the file and I'll have it printed at Walgreen.  
Joe DeYoung

Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2022 at 8:20pm
Probably the wrong site to ask but if any one has the front shock towers from a wagoneer, the ones with the bump stops on the bottom, that they want to part with, better bring them along, could be a one way trip. Not sure what other site to inquire on. These arethe ones that Seven Bar Salvage has on his you tube.

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2022 at 11:29am
I know Art brought this up earlier but I’ll bring it up again.

Is anyone going to be in the area early for lunch, dental work, or other? I’m off all day but I might as well take my time if no one is showing up till the evening. We are coming up I-39. Could visit someone.

Also, I’m driving my truck unloaded up there. Semi loaded coming back. I might be able to move something for someone.

Edited by jpet - 27 Jan. 2022 at 11:30am
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
JAB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2022 at 11:56am
JPet, Don't laugh, but I got that DJ frame for Art in my Suburban by removing the front Bubba bumper and wrapping the frame horns around the passenger seat.  My poor son is gonna have to squeeze in somehow 'cause I got "stuck" with dad duties suddenly tomorrow....so be sure to show up with that truck!  LOL!

And Joe, we're gonna need an engine hoist to pull that DJ rearend out safely to prevent damage to our backs and my truck.

To everybody else; I'm looking forward to meeting you and....buy my other stuff so it doesn't have to go back home!  https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=50569&KW=&PID=514792&title=cj2-3a-stuff-for-sale-at-jeeps-in-january#514792  ;

Forgot to mention, I have to leave Saturday in the early afternoon for an evening function here in town.  When you say "evening" did you mean Friday?

Edited by JAB - 27 Jan. 2022 at 1:24pm
GR8GPN2U!
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2022 at 12:51pm
Do you by chance have the rear mounted fuel tank for your DJ?  In reasonable shape, maybe a skid plate?

Fltfndr

Edited by Fltfndr - 27 Jan. 2022 at 12:53pm
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
JAB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2022 at 1:22pm
I have a CJ skid plate and crossmember that I think is from a CJ3A.  I don't think that's what you're asking for, but I'll throw it in the truck anyway.  Thanks for the reminder!

I was just thinking (oh oh) why would a DJ need a skid plate?  

Edited by JAB - 27 Jan. 2022 at 1:23pm
GR8GPN2U!
Scratch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2022 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by JAB JAB wrote:

JPet, Don't laugh, but I got that DJ frame for Art in my Suburban by removing the front Bubba bumper and wrapping the frame horns around the passenger seat.  My poor son is gonna have to squeeze in somehow 'cause I got "stuck" with dad duties suddenly tomorrow....so be sure to show up with that truck!  LOL!

And Joe, we're gonna need an engine hoist to pull that DJ rearend out safely to prevent damage to our backs and my truck.

To everybody else; I'm looking forward to meeting you and....buy my other stuff so it doesn't have to go back home!  https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=50569&KW=&PID=514792&title=cj2-3a-stuff-for-sale-at-jeeps-in-january#514792  ;

Forgot to mention, I have to leave Saturday in the early afternoon for an evening function here in town.  When you say "evening" did you mean Friday?
I just re-read this...
You got an entire Jeep frame inside your suburban?

Bravo man, Bravo.
43 GPW 93487 Blk
44 GPW 230283 OD
46 CJ2A 50100 Tan
46 CJ2A 77632 Wht
47 CJ2A 141681 Grn
48 CJ2A 156240 Red/Yel
61 CJ5 123120 Tan
03 TJ Inca Gld
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2022 at 3:13pm
No luck on tickets at office max 😬

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2022 at 3:55pm
Sadly, I'm not going to make it. I hope you all have a great time and have a beer for me!!
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
The less the Power the More the Force
Scratch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2022 at 4:59pm
I have some white jeep related window stickers that I'll probably bring.  The kind that would go in the back of your window or on a Hydroflask or something.

Edited by Scratch - 27 Jan. 2022 at 5:48pm
43 GPW 93487 Blk
44 GPW 230283 OD
46 CJ2A 50100 Tan
46 CJ2A 77632 Wht
47 CJ2A 141681 Grn
48 CJ2A 156240 Red/Yel
61 CJ5 123120 Tan
03 TJ Inca Gld
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2022 at 5:18pm
I just realized I need the little cover plate - where you can turn it to see the timing marks - just below the Starter. Mine is missing. If anybody's got one, please bring it. Thanks 

This -

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>