Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2022 - Event Date: 18 Sep. 2022 - 23 Sep. 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 29>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 10:06pm
Tim, I like to think you and I are not OCD we are just picky and love our Jeeps. Really looking forward to seeing you again. I will confess, I even cover my wagon with my wife's car cover while it is in the garage. 

Edited by tumbleweed - 04 May 2022 at 10:10pm
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Lee MN Lee MN wrote:

Originally posted by tumbleweed tumbleweed wrote:

So, I got a new GUILD 12 string this year. Looking forward to jamming with JPET and friends. Hope there are others that will join in as it is always fun to jam in the hanger! I missed last year, and we are really looking forward to the shenanigans - I mean the adventures in the mountains. I saw where Hawk'y made the list so I will put on an extra coat of carnauba wax on Smokey to impress him! It will be clean at least for the first day! Thinking about glitter around the license plate frame. Will be at the TDR early to help out with last minute preparations as needed. WoooooHoooo FCT 2022!

George, I’m not sure it’s possible to outshine a Hawkridge Jeep 😂 but go ahead and try 😉 Hopefully a secret squirrel 🐿 adventure will happen 😲😎

Lee😉

I'm game for the SS Adventure! I will be a blast to catch up!
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 10:19pm

Originally posted by Lee MN Lee MN wrote:

So, I got a new GUILD 12 string this year. Looking forward to jamming with JPET and friends. Hope there are others that will join in as it is always fun to jam in the hanger! I missed last year, and we are really looking forward to the shenanigans - I mean the adventures in the mountains. I saw where Hawk'y made the list so I will put on an extra coat of carnauba wax on Smokey to impress him! It will be clean at least for the first day! Thinking about glitter around the license plate frame. Will be at the TDR early to help out with last minute preparations as needed. WoooooHoooo FCT 2022!

George, I’m not sure it’s possible to outshine a Hawkridge Jeep 😂 but go ahead and try 😉 Hopefully a secret squirrel 🐿 adventure will happen 😲😎

Lee😉

I'm game for the SS Adventure! I will be a blast to catch up!

Indeed it will 👍🏽🐿😎

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 10:33am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Hey, let’s leave Hawk alone. He’s a smart dude! A CJ3A is much easier to put wax on than the deluxe model (CJ2A). No stylish top bow side brackets to work around and the 3A has a less classy windshield with not so many elegant contours to deal with.

Jeff,

If the 2A is the “deluxe” model as you suggest, then it stands to reason that the MB is a “standard” version.  The 2A is the “deluxe” and the 3A is…the “Superior” version.  We’ve had these conversations for years.  I thought we had reached this understanding/conclusion?LOL

George,  

I can't believe you steal your Wife's car cover! That's bad manners!

1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
gnkhoffman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnkhoffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 8:37pm
Sure is quiet on this Forum;  what are folks planning for their 100 mile shakedown runs before the FCT?  (It was a great suggestion Mike).
gnkhoffman
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 4:21am
That's a great question Gary.  I'm going to go look at a possible new trail over on Aspen Ridge for one of my 100 mile routes.  I'll cross the Arkansas River on Fisherman's Bridge.  Stop at the BLM campground to lock into 4-low and put the windshield down.  Then drive up Bald Mountain Gulch all the way up to the Castles.  We'll turn south on the county road and head up to Black Dumps.  We'll continue south past the Forest Service Guard Station.  From this point I'm not sure which way I'll go.  I may go east and drive out on the grasslands of Park County.  Or I may wind my way generally southward in the forest until we come down off the ridge at Salida.  This should be between 100 and 120 miles.  About 20 miles of asphalt, about 30-40 miles of Forest Service gravel roads, and about 40-60 miles of 4WD trails through forest and grasslands.  I may have to drive this two or three times just to work out what is the best option to take for FCT.  On each test drive, we'll be looking for good places for photo opportunities, or "comfort stops", or lunch sites.  If we add this route to our list, it'll be #31.  

I will encourage each of you to try to include some 4WD time in your 100 mile test drive.  It's OK if it's just a short out-and-back addition to your trip.  I want you to be confident that your four wheel drive works as it should.  We had a fella come here a while ago who had done a great job rebuilding the drive train on his Jeep.  He even built his own transmission cover.  But he didn't check to see if the custom cover would interfere with his shifters.  As he tried to drive up a mountain on his first day at FCT, he discovered he could not shift into low range.  His custom cover prevented the shifter from moving forward into low-4.  That made for a very difficult drive for him and his wife since we were on a tough 4WD low range trail.  When we returned to Thirsty Dirt Ranch, we put his Jeep up on the lift to see what the problem was.  Once we discovered the cover was blocking the transfer case shifter, he took a cutting wheel to his custom cover and cut a longer slot for the transfer case shifter.  He had no problems using 4-low the rest of the week.  This is an example why I'd like everyone to include some 4WD driving in their 100 mile route.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
gnkhoffman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnkhoffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 12:11pm
Sounds like a great ride Mike!  I guess others are too busy working on their Flat Fenders to join in the banter!
gnkhoffman
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by gnkhoffman gnkhoffman wrote:

Sounds like a great ride Mike!  I guess others are too busy working on their Flat Fenders to join in the banter!

I think most of us are keeping our fingers crossed hoping fuel prices do not decide our travel plans by then 😬😲

Le😉
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
flatfender47 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatfender47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 12:47pm
That and fires.
Could get smoked out as well.
Mike could be away in New Mexico or ???
1947 CJ2A 225V6 SM420 D30 PLok/D44 D/Locker Warn OD 5:38s
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 1:08pm
Drove on the Pennsylvania Turnpike Wednesday. Regular gas was 4.58 and diesel was 6.50. Off the TP was even more. Feel sorry for anyone needing diesel.
Swampfitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swampfitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 3:12pm
Diesel on rt 13 in Delaware Friday night was 9.99 just over the Del. Memorial bridge. Shake My Head 
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 4:45pm
My 100 mile shakedown is complete (well, 95 miles, 47 of it offroad.). No problems noticed. I am going to change the timing cover and oil pan gaskets as a larger oil spot on the garage floor now than in past years has appeared. Was dime-sized in the past, now more like dollar-sized lately each time I park. Not too concerned about the amount now, but I drive Ol' Red a bunch and I don't want to worry about it come September. While I have the oil pan off I plan to check the flatness of the oil pick up and clean the screen. I will also check the condition of the pulley and change the timing cover seal.

46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 5:09pm
Dammit -
  I would be shaking my CJ down if we would get some decent weather here.  
 Rain, rain, & more rain is all I see
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 2:25am
Originally posted by Swampfitter Swampfitter wrote:

Diesel on rt 13 in Delaware Friday night was 9.99 just over the Del. Memorial bridge. Shake My Head 
Wow!  10 bucks a gallon!??!  Driving across Colorado and New Mexico the diesel ranged from $5.23 to $5.60.  that's painfully enough.  I'm afraid this will not be a good year for traveling.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by flatfender47 flatfender47 wrote:

That and fires.

Yep on the fires.  Mike We could sure use your help and expertise in New Mexico.  The Calf Canyon/Hermits Peak Fire is about 1 mile from our cabin.  So far, the line is being held.  We need rain!
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 5:10am
Originally posted by Rick G Rick G wrote:

Originally posted by flatfender47 flatfender47 wrote:

That and fires.

Yep on the fires.  Mike We could sure use your help and expertise in New Mexico.  The Calf Canyon/Hermits Peak Fire is about 1 mile from our cabin.  So far, the line is being held.  We need rain!
Rick, ask and ye shall receive. I'm currently working on the logistics for the combined Calf Canyon/Hermits Peak fire north of Las Vegas NM, the original Las Vegas.  We're in a cow pasture turned into a fire camp along side of I-25.  From here, when the wind is right we can see 6 major columns of smoke rising from each of the flaming fronts on this fire. When the wind is wrong our visibility is very limited and it smells like we're living in a camp fire. We are providing supplies and services to our headquarters at the local community college, three remote camps for fire fighters, and 87 drop points or helicopter landing sites.  I've heard this is the largest fire in the US right now. It's over 45 miles from south to north. It's burned over 400 square miles of forest, grassland, farms, and homes. I'll be here for a couple of weeks taking care of fire fighters. Rick I'll do what I can to see that your cabin gets protected.  Can't make any promises, this fire has defied us time and time again. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
madbrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madbrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 11:55am
I asked the man upstairs for a little help and a bunch of rain, I hope he listened and will protect you and yours and those fighting the fires. 
45 MB
56 Willys Fruit Salad
64 Kaiser CJ3B

My Videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/madbritwillys56/videos
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by madbrit madbrit wrote:

I asked the man upstairs for a little help and a bunch of rain, I hope he listened and will protect you and yours and those fighting the fires. 

Thanks, brother Graham!  You’re a pretty decent fella.  Don’t worry, tho, I won’t tell anyone 😉

And thanks to Mike and all the firefighting personnel.  Two thousand people working to mitigate the largest fire in New Mexico’s recorded history.  Truly, unsung heroes.  

Praying for much needed rain🙏🏻.

Rick
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 29>