Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2022 - Event Date: 18 Sep. 2022 - 23 Sep. 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 29>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfopete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 7:00am

+1 ^^^  What Mike said.
Suffer Fools, Gladly!
U.S. Army Iraq Veteran (ret.)
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 9:57am
Hey all, Going back to the snatch ring recovery discussion we were having on page 7, I see the video I was referring to has reposted:

If you go to 10:45 in this video. There is a real good example of using it where the pulling Jeep is not able to get to the proper draw angle. The strap around the rock concept was a design by Dr Westerman phd. It also shows Stan using his starter motor to assist the pull because GJ wasn’t running right. Then at 18:18 you can see where we are using a snatch ring to pull the Jeep forward while Bob winches the Jeep around the obstacle. Even though this might look like a haste to some,   I had a lot of fun doing this sort of problem solving and designing the rigging. Good times. Thanks guys!

Holy Cross:
Brian and I have both done the trail. I think we would both agree that the trail is not as hard as the internet makes it out to be. The thing is, it is not a typical FCT trail where you wake up Wednesday morning and decide after the drivers meeting, “hey, I think I’ll follow this group”. With all of the other trails, the trail leader can have confidence that all his flock can do the trail and if necessary, perform an easy recovery.   HC would require some sort of pre-planning. In short, this trail is not for everyone.

Edited by jpet - 03 July 2022 at 10:00am
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
SlickWilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlickWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 2:38pm
Holy Cross

Had some friends "attempt" to run it this past Thursday. They had a group of 4 well built JKU & JLUs on 37s and 40s.
All was going well until they hit the first real obstacle and ran into over 2 dozen SxS. They waited over 2 hours as the SxSs tried to get up the obstacle in every possible way, many having breakdowns etc.
My friends turned around and left and said they encountered at least another dozen SxS headed up the trail.
Only going to get worse.

Might be easier to trailer and try Wheeler Lake in the middle of the week some year.
TC
Traci and TaterJeep
Owner of Gone-Gpn Media
Freelance
Writer/Photographer
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 2:44pm
I’m fine with the fourmile too. It’s all good

At your service
_(O|||||||O)_
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlickWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 2:44pm
Attention 2022 FCT Invitees 

Looking for those of you that may be Bestop equipped.
Bestop has asked me to take some photos for their heritage collection and catalog as well as social media. If you happen to have any Bestop products on your rig during FCT can we get together for a bit so I can get some photos for them?
They are donating to the Thursday night raffle and have asked me to do this for them in return for their donation.

Traci
Traci and TaterJeep
Owner of Gone-Gpn Media
Freelance
Writer/Photographer
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 9:35pm
Traci,

I have a 3-month-old (never been on the street) Tiger Top on my 3A but alas I am not going to be a CFT. If interested maybe, they could find a local photographer to take pictures here.

Fltfndr)
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlickWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 9:36pm
They wanted photos at FCT since they are donating/sponsoring that event.

Originally posted by Fltfndr Fltfndr wrote:

Traci,

I have a 3-month-old (never been on the street) Tiger Top on my 3A but alas I am not going to be a CFT. If interested maybe, they could find a local photographer to take pictures here.

Fltfndr)
Traci and TaterJeep
Owner of Gone-Gpn Media
Freelance
Writer/Photographer
Jolly Rodger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolly Rodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 10:55pm
Traci If you look at FCT 2021on page 26 there are several pictures of my jeep "Nelle Belle", near bottom of page,  with the full BestTop.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlickWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 10:57pm
I will have to find out if they will accept photos from last year. They are sending a Bestop banner out to use in some of the photos.

Originally posted by Jolly Rodger Jolly Rodger wrote:

Traci If you look at FCT 2021on page 26 there are several pictures of my jeep "Nelle Belle", near bottom of page,  with the full BestTop.
Traci and TaterJeep
Owner of Gone-Gpn Media
Freelance
Writer/Photographer
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 1:43pm
Mike, any update on "drop-outs"? Doesn't look like much hope for those of us who didn't make the top 50. You could allow down listers to attend if they "wear" their Bestops.... though for me, that's a winter top and not something for your mild September weather at Nathrop.
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2022 at 7:22am
3A Steve, this has been a year for the record books.  In over 2 months I have only had one person drop off the Primary list.  Any other year I'd have had a half dozen or more.  I don't know how the computer did it but it picked some really motivated, dedicated, and capable folks for the top 50 this year.  I suspect this will be the year with the fewest replacements.  I don't know how this is happening, but the Primary's are holding onto their slots.  But I promise you that just as soon as a slot opens up, I'll be into the Alternate list to find a replacement.  My goal is to have 50 guest Jeeps here for FCT.  

There are four jobs that I have to do that take me away from visiting with my guests, that need to be done daily, that I will offer up to any alternate in exchange for the guaranteed slot to join us here this year.  They aren't big jobs, but they need to be done daily.  The four jobs are:  1. Shop trash; 2. Portapotty trash and alcohol spray bottles; 3. Shop bathroom cleaning; 4. Shower house cleaning.  

How will I pick an alternate to fill a job?  By random number lottery.  During the month of July I will compile a list of all the alternates who are willing to do each job.  Email me your name, and what job(s) you are willing to do.  I will list all names for each job in a spreadsheet and let the random number generator pick the top name. You can put in for any one job, or all the jobs.  But you will only get one job, even if you are selected in two lottery's then I will decide which job you will get.  I want to offer this opportunity to 4 of the alternates.  

Job descriptions:  
Shop trash. Empty all the trash cans in the shop each morning. Consolidate trash into one or two cans to not waste trash can liners.  Take trash to the dumpster.  Replace any trash can liners that are removed.  Nytril gloves provided on request.  Trash can liners provided. 

Portopotty trash and alcohol.  Portopotties will have handwash units next to them. Put a trash bag at each handwash unit to collect paper towels. Replace them daily.  Pick up trash in and around the portopotties. install alcohol spray bottles at each portopotty group.  Check and refill them daily in the morning.  There will be 3 portopotty groups.  Supplies will be provided. 

Clean shop bathroom.  Each morning clean the toilet, sink, urinal, and empty the trash. Replace toilet paper and paper towels.  Check paper products and cleaning supplies daily. 

Clean shower house.  For both shower stalls, each morning wipe down all contact surfaces with chlorine solution. Wash down floor mat.  Empty trash bag and any trash left inside. Check to see that fan, heater, and lights work.  Cleaning supplies are provided.  Nytril gloves provided.  

Send your name and the list of jobs you're willing to do to M38Picard@gmail.com.  This is not my regular email, but one that is set up for this task.  I will collect names during July and on August 1st I will announce who got which job.  I hope there are some who will trade some work for the chance to be here for FCT.  I know that each job takes me time away from helping or getting to know our guests.  I really appreciate any interest this offering may generate.  If it works well this year, it could become a regular offering each year.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2022 at 12:05pm
I just had the second primary person drop out. And just as quickly I contacted the next Alternate and they are in.  I like it when it goes quickly like that.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Herman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2022 at 12:25pm
Hello, my L head 51's engine just expired while I was heading to pull a float in our towns 4th of July's parade. Anyone recommend a engine re-manufacturer / re-builder? Any thoughts on Jasper?
Looking forward to meeting all of you this fall!
BR
mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2022 at 6:08pm
Herman,  I just got finished talking to a friend of mine in arkansas. He gave me the web sight and phone number of someone he recommends. He has one of their engines in his cj2a and it has been doing very good for him.  Here is the web sight.   WWW.jeep1942.com ; .  His name is Dan Sharon and his phone is 479-323-7039. Jim said if you make a deal and need the old engine sent in for return he can haul it back with him for you. Good luck. Jim highly recommends this guy!   Mike
bokesjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokesjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2022 at 6:19pm
I just ordered some carburetor parts from him. He owns Classic Military Vehicles and his service was great!
willytj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willytj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2022 at 11:18pm
FCT epic day teaser

A couple of weeks ago some jeeper buddies and I went exploring and to pre-run some trails for the  FCT's famous epic day run.   As in past years, this year's epic day will involve more than a full day of Jeeping.   This years plan is a trip over cottonwood pass into Taylor Park and  new trial called Lottis Creek.   It is a moderate rocky trail that follows a stream through a canyon.  It is one of the more beautiful trails in the Taylor park area. Lottis creek takes us into Union Park.  This will then be followed by an up and back trail to Cross mountain (12,000 ft) that offers 360 degree views   of Union and Taylor parks.   Then a trip down slaughterhouse gulch to the town of tin cup and back over Tin cup pass.   There is fuel in Taylor park but I still recommend taking a few extra gallons.   All of these trails are easily tackled in a stock flat fender.   I am looking forward to leading another motley crew of flat fenders on an epic day!

Ron

49 CJ3A Project in Process
52 MC - Trail Jeep (Iron Duke, T18, Scout 300, Dana 30F Dana 44 Rear, ARBs etc.)

47 T3C

Plus a couple of "modern" CJs
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2022 at 8:40am
Looking foreword to that one Ron 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽 Thanks for checking it out!, looking foreword to trail time with you again 😎

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Herman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2022 at 11:50am
Thank you guys for the lead and Dan Sharon's contact info!
BR
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 29>