Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2022 - Event Date: 18 Sep. 2022 - 23 Sep. 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 29>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2022 at 8:56am

pts211 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pts211 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2022 at 10:01am
Paul S - son of Ricco
1947 CJ2A - "Walker"

1948 CJ2A a.k.a. "Lumpy" (Dad's Jeep)
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2022 at 10:15am
Frankie and I went up to Hancock lake and the Mary Murphy mine.  Was a long strong pull in granny low but we all did fine.  Here we are grouped up just  before  going to the mine.
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
pts211 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pts211 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2022 at 6:29pm
Paul S - son of Ricco
1947 CJ2A - "Walker"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2022 at 9:13pm

CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2022 at 11:11pm
Thanks everyone for posting all the photos and videos. It's really a treat for us following at home to live vicariously through our screens.
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2022 at 6:32pm
Bruce’s run today 

49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2022 at 12:19am
Lew Ladwig
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2022 at 4:52am
Yesterday I took a day off from guiding.  But it wasn't a day off.  We still had a driver's meeting, and staggered departures.  There were Jeeps to fix that stayed behind.  The light in the shop bathroom turned into a strobe light so we replaced the whole fixture.  And we had to rearrange the goods for the evening raffle.  

We started the evening with me offering my thanks.  First to everyone who made it to FCT this year.  There were 7 folks who had slots to attend, but who never showed.  Thanks to the many vendors who provided products for our raffle prizes.  And thanks to the several participants who also gave items for prizes.  Thanks to my 3 guides this year, Bruce, Ron, and Jpet.  Thanks to Traci for her great work contacting vendors to get their products, and for organizing the whole raffle experience.  Thanks to Kate for being the queen of our morning coffee.  And many thanks to my wife Nancy for helping me with administration for this event, for finding my mistakes, and for keeping me organized.  

We gave away all kinds of things, from key chains and cheese slicers to winches and tires.  Gift certificates were a hot item.  And we witnessed wonderful generosity as we saw young Kennedy, daughter of Deserae and Kevin, give away winning tickets to some of her new friends so they could choose a prize for themselves.  The evening was full of laughter and anticipation as one by one the tickets were drawn and prizes were claimed.  We closed the evening by giving away two guaranteed admission slots for next year's Fall Color Tour to Brian and Rick.  I only wish everyone could have won a prize.  Everyone here was able to see new sights and meet new friends, so I guess they did win a prize if they enjoyed this opportunity.  

Today we'll enjoy the Grand Tour.  We'll separate everyone into two groups.  One group will go north and one will go south.  They will start at each end of Aspen Ridge and make stops at special places along the way as they move toward the middle of the ridge.  There the two groups will come together to enjoy lunch, then continue on their path to the other end of the ridge.  They will visit places like Futurity ghost town, and Allan's viewpoint where Allan's ashes are scattered. For those who have never been to Aspen Ridge, it's a 40 mile long ridge of rock and forests with a dirt road that runs along it's spine.  The forests are full of aspen so the colors we'll see should be beautiful today against the blue Colorado sky.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2022 at 9:01am
Yesterdays ride to the town if Winfield and Vicksburg. Some of the best viewing of colors. 

49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2022 at 9:08am
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
pts211 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pts211 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2022 at 9:35am
Paul S - son of Ricco
1947 CJ2A - "Walker"

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2022 at 7:28am
Friday was a great day for a Jeep ride.  Blue skies, nice temps, sunshine, little to no dust, some fall color but not a lot, and about 40 Jeeps ready to ride.  We did the Grand Ride on Aspen Ridge. Ron started on the north end, and Jeff started from the south.  We met in the middle to get everyone together for lunch.  All but one Jeep that died on the trail.  We towed it out to a waiting trailer later that afternoon.  

The bighorn sheep were out and grazing by the Castles rock formation.  Both groups got to see them.  

Today we may have a mystery ride.  We need to see if anyone will be sticking around to go.  Many folks have already left the Thirsty Dirt Ranch and headed toward home.  Many more will leave today.  I think everyone had a good time this year, despite the rainy weather midweek.  Nancy and I hope everyone makes it home safely.  We certainly appreciated all the help and participation that folks shared while they were here.  I really appreciated the 5 folks who took on jobs to help me.  That took a lot of my stress away, and made conditions nicer for everyone else.  I will continue this idea next year and into the future.  

I'm sad to see this FCT come to a close.  I'll miss all my good friends.  But at the same time I feel good that it was successful, and I'm ready to get back to our quieter routine around here.  I'll be glad to get the FCT stuff put away and get my shop rearranged the way I like it.  I'll touch up the waterproofing on my tents before I put them away.  And I'm building a short list of parts to get so I'm ready for next year.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2022 at 6:41pm
Thanks for another wonderful year of the FCT.  Frankie and I really enjoyed it.  Your hard prep work was very evident.   All the tour leaders did great.
Good fun seeing old friends and making a few new ones.   Our old PU towed the jeep home with ease.  Sad to be home.  But, we will wash red up, lube and prep for our next adventure. 
Safe travels to all and, Mike and Nancy, we love ya!
Lew Ladwig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2022 at 8:01pm
Hey everyone,

Lynn and I sadly left TDR this morning my propane was getting low and heater was not working. I will post pictures and video in the next couple of days. Darn iPhone does not want to cooperate!

Loved seeing friends and making new ones as well. The fall color tour is always my favorite event and anxiously await next year. 

So many people to thank for their generosity and well wishes. The folks that kept the portable potties clean you did a fantastic job. Always fresh and clean. 

Until we meet again,

Lynn & George (Tumbleweed)
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2022 at 7:41am
Sorry for the late responses. I was having technical issues. …

Here are some photos from our run up Princeton on the rain and fog:

I thought it was fun. It was a little cold and windy so having the Bristlecone lodge at the top for lunch was perfect!

Im traveling home now but more photos are coming   

Edited by jpet - 25 Sep. 2022 at 7:52am
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2022 at 10:03am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

I'm assuming this neat little rig is a rebodied jeep....any more details from anybody? I like it's 'character' a lot! Big smile
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
SlickWilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SlickWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2022 at 10:21am
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

With the Milky Way glowing brightly overhead, the many campers at the Thirsty Dirt Ranch slept on through the night. 

This was my first try at photographing the Milky Way. I knew that TDR was going to be the perfect place to attempt my first MW shots and the 17th was one of the prime nights for catching the MW core. 
I still have a lot to learn, but I think this is pretty decent for my first attempt. This is straight from the camera, single exposure and no editing beyond putting my name on it.
Thanks for an amazing week!

Traci
Traci and TaterJeep
Owner of Gone-Gpn Media
Freelance
Writer/Photographer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 29>