Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2022 - Event Date: 18 Sep. 2022 - 23 Sep. 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 29>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47 deuce alpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2022 at 11:41am
After a fine week on the tour Jason and I headed for home on Saturday morning. It was a smooth trip in, arriving about midnight. I want to thank Mike and his team for another great year in the mountains. we sometimes tend to overlook the incredible effort and commitment that it takes to make the tour happen. It was great to see everyone, renew old acquaintances and meet new friends. We're already planning for next year! I'll try to post a few videos and pictures in the next few days.   

Edited by 47 deuce alpha - 25 Sep. 2022 at 1:23pm
1947 CJ2A 90419
1947 CJ2A 127735
1949 Ford 8N
1955 Kaiser Willys Pickup
Half the distance takes you twice as long.
gnkhoffman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnkhoffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2022 at 3:29pm
Regan(so?) said it is a 2a frame with an M38 engine …. With the rest spare parts he had laying around!
gnkhoffman
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2022 at 8:35am
That shot of the Milky Way is amazing!!

More pics of Princeton:

… after returning to the trailhead, a few went over to Chinaman to catch up with Ron’s group. Here is Lee on a technical part headed towards the Chute:

… “you can’t do this at home” … more …
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2022 at 9:04am
The Thursday night raffle:

Morning Driver’s meeting:

The run to Aspen Ridge (Bravo Team):

Once again, we secured the lunch spot:

On the way back we were able to rescue a wounded Jeep from Alpha Team:

This hood was up for well over 5 minutes. Sorry Dick, but rules are rules

This is one of at least four huge Cottonwood trees at the park in Salida:

Edited by jpet - 26 Sep. 2022 at 9:08am
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2022 at 11:33am
Thanks to all for posting photo’s and video 👍🏽😎 This was my 4th FCT and was hands down the best 👌, Trail selection and guiding was outstanding (Thanks again Jpet, Ron, Mike & Bruce)… It was great to see many Jeep buddies from past trips and catch up, sorry I missed a few visitors during the week 🥲 Many thanks to Nancy & Mike for opening up their property for us to use and camp on and also being outstanding hosts, you are the best 😉 Kate your morning coffee also was much appreciated and thank you for that👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽 Tumbleweed, thanks for providing music, but next time remember it’s “My Rifle,My Jeep & Me” 😂 we much enjoyed that as well (and Jpet, remember to put your guitar in the case next time 😂) We did get home early this morning after 22 road hours safe and sound and now the cleanup and put away time begins 😬 I shot little video and pictures over the week but later on I will add them here….. Again many thanks to all involved and the treasured memories we shared 😎😎😎

Lee😉
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2022 at 2:35pm
Great week. Thanks Mike and Nancy and all who contributed.
Jeff, Brad, and I along with passengers and sidekicks stopped in at Chinaman Gulch on our way our of town. It was good to redeem myself after busting my oil pan on the Thursday version.
Here’s a video of some of the action.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2022 at 5:59pm
Thank you everyone for such an amazing week. Camp Canada arrived home early this morning (we did not drive all the way through). Lots of amazing memories and experiences even if our Slow Tug was a bit temperamental Monday and Tuesday. Here are some shots we took during the week and can not wait to go Jeepin' with you again. 

Serial #106163 Body#106168 1947 CJ2A "SLOW TUG"
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2022 at 10:09pm
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
Swampfitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swampfitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2022 at 7:28am
Thank You for that Tumbleweed!!
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2022 at 6:22am
Here is my version of the FCT:

This video is lengthy but in the description, it has clickable hyperlinks to take you to the different days. One of the interesting parts of the week was on Monday when we went up to the Airborne Cabin. We were able to talk to Ron’s group as they climbed Mt Antero and some with binoculars and telephoto lenses were actually able to watch them climb to the landing just below the summit. At the end of Tuesday there is a recovery where two Jeeps in tandem towed another Jeep up hill and through an S curve channel to get up the mountain.   In this video, I tried to focus on the members as much as I did the vehicles and scenery.

Thank you Mike and Nancy for hosting us once again. I think this is the signature event for stock and semi-stock flat fenders! Leading on 4 trails this year has added another level of fun and challenge for me which I am grateful for.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2022 at 9:04am
Jpet, as always a great video 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽 Thanks for being part of a great week, great fun 🤩

Lee😉
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
oldwillysforum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwillysforum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2022 at 12:33pm
Had a great time at the FCT again this year, great to see everyone.

Here's a vid of Thursday's Chinaman's Gulch trail:

Pete
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2022 at 8:59pm

Our host, friend, and his lovely bride!

Thanks for a memorable 2022 FCT

Edited by tumbleweed - 30 Sep. 2022 at 9:01pm
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2022 at 1:12am
Thank you Tumbleweed, that's a beautiful photo - except I'm in it.  Otherwise it's a great photo!
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2022 at 6:42pm
Mike ,
 Thanks for another great get together. All of the work you and your crew do to pull of this event is greatly appreciated more than you know. Also thanks from those of us who got a second chance in exchange for doing some important jobs for you. Without that we would not have a chance to go. I just hope we did a good job for you. The FCT is a great get together and also gives us all a chance to make new friends. I can't forget your crew of guides. Thanks to them and You picked a good crew. Thanks again for everything. Mike and Margie
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2022 at 7:21pm
Another shot of our intrepid hosts, leading us off a cliff showing the way up to Monarch Pass and the marble mines

Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2022 at 7:42pm
Not technically FCT, but ...   Steve Reichert, Tom Jones and I spent a couple of days in Ouray afterward.   Here's a few pics:

Odom Point, near Engineer Pass:

Edited by tamnalan - 01 Oct. 2022 at 7:44pm
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2022 at 7:48pm
Imogene Pass.    A snow squall hit us shortly after:

The trail up to Imogene Pass, up from Ouray:

Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 29>