Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2022 - Event Date: 18 Sep. 2022 - 23 Sep. 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 29>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2022 at 7:50pm
I'm so grateful to be able to join this year's FCT!   Fantastic hosts, fantastic trails, and some new friends!   Nothing better.   Thanks to Team Picard!!
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
harvesterwoodworks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harvesterwoodworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2022 at 2:11pm
Hey all!  I posted up my first video from the South Cottonwood/Slaughterhouse Gulch Ride.  

Let me know what you think. 

Deserae Johnson
IG: @Harvester_Woodworks
IG: @harvester_drone_photography
Youtube: Harvester Woodworks
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2022 at 5:07am
Deserae, these are some great shots of a fun ride, but I think this is the epic Taylor Park ride, not the South Cottonwood ride.  Daddy Longlegs got towed in Taylor Park.  As usual, you did a great job mixing stationary shots overhead with moving shots following the Jeeps.  I really like your videos! 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2022 at 6:12am
Amazing video. Especially the scenes of the orange Jeep pushing two MB's----------Wink

I'm impressed with folks talents to build stock looking Jeeps with modern engines and drivetrains that have such power and abilities. Food for me to think about. (I like that) Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2022 at 6:42am
It’s hard to see in the video but that was an uphill pull and the “S”curve we went through was actually a V notch. The best part of that was getting Daddy Longlegs to Tincup once we got to the top of the hill. It was all down hill so Ernie and I took turns towing Caleb to the top of each peak. Then we unhook and let’er fly! At first we tried to run ahead of the Jeep but Caleb was just too fast as he was trying to make the most of each downhill coast. Seeing this, we decided each time he coasted to a stop to tow him to the next hill top and just get outa his way!! It was quite the site seeing Caleb fly past us swatting the side of the Jeep like a horse!!   I know that Ernie shot some video of this. I wish he would post some of it. Maybe it’s on FB, if so perhaps someone can contact him (and everyone else), and have them post some stuff over here.

Also, some of the group at the Airborne Cabin had telephoto lenses on their cameras and got shots of Ron’s group climbing to the landing on Antero. I’d like to see some of those photos too.

Edited by jpet - 05 Oct. 2022 at 6:43am
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2022 at 6:51am
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

…I'm impressed with folks talents to build stock looking Jeeps with modern engines and drivetrains that have such power and abilities. Food for me to think about. (I like that) Oilly
I think Ernie and I each had enough power to pull the Jeep. I was more concerned about axle wrap and U-joints. No point in risking it when you have two tow vehicles. I don’t think I could have pulled that Jeep up through that “S”curve by myself.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harvesterwoodworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2022 at 9:12am
Mike you are 100% correct! Kev pointed that out last night. I got my footage mixed up so I’ll have to re-edit the video and re-post to include the first half of the day. Lol I got ahead of myself. 
Deserae Johnson
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2022 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by harvesterwoodworks harvesterwoodworks wrote:

….so I’ll have to re-edit the video and re-post to include the first half of the day. Lol I got ahead of myself. 
You can just edit the title of the video that way you don’t loose your hits
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harvesterwoodworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2022 at 12:47pm
Thanks! I'm on it right now.  I'll edit the video tomorrow and get the correct one up as well. 
Deserae Johnson
scott c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2022 at 6:58pm
Very good video Thanks.
RECON-WILLYS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RECON-WILLYS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2022 at 9:02pm
wow ! super cool video !! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RECON-WILLYS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct. 2022 at 12:04am
just got this up. video of us doing the off-road recovery of Caleb's jeep. check it out. Thanks, Ernie. 

ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct. 2022 at 10:31am
Hello All, What a great year!  The afterglow is slowly burning down, but the smiles and memories will last much longer. As some of you may know, my wife Debbie was with us this year and we did things a little different than the last 13 seasons of the tour. We had a house in town, and D's sister and bro-in-law were in attendance. The reports have been nothing but positive and affirming for future attendance. Makes my heart smile to share something so special with those closest to me!

And speaking of special, Mike and Nancy!  You guys continue to amaze me, (and others I'm sure), with your hospitality and welcoming spirit. The efforts you put into making this "the" event of the year does not go unnoticed!  Just continues to get better, and better!  Thank you for allowing me to be a small part of it!

I have seen many photos from multiple attendees.  I'm excited for the selection of usable shots of people and machines!  Calendar production will commence soon!  If anyone has pictures they want to submit for the calendar, send to:  aricktsites@gmail.com   
She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct. 2022 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by RECON-WILLYS RECON-WILLYS wrote:

just got this up. video of us doing the off-road recovery of Caleb's jeep. check it out. Thanks, Ernie. 

Yes! That's what I was talking about Thanks for sharing!! It took us till 30:40 in the video to figure out that we should just tug him to the down hill and get outta his way but it sure was fun before that time!!

The smoke coming from under my hood was power steering fluid. I have a piece of hose attached to the filler neck on the pump so that I can hold more fluid. That hose came off. Not sure how.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

pts211 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pts211 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct. 2022 at 10:03pm
Hey all,

Every year (when I'm able to attend) I try to document the tour in photos. I finally had a chance to get through them, I post everything on my photography Facebook page here:

If you wish to print or use the photos for non-commercial, personal, use you can get the full-resolution versions from the following Google Drive link:

Thank you Mike and Nancy for hosting another fantastic tour!

Paul

Paul S - son of Ricco
1947 CJ2A - "Walker"

1948 CJ2A a.k.a. "Lumpy" (Dad's Jeep)
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2022 at 5:45am
Here is a shot of Brad on the “Whales Tails”

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RECON-WILLYS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct. 2022 at 2:39pm
hey Ron - what year is your blue jeep? 

Thanks, Ernie. 

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct. 2022 at 2:45am
Ernie, Ron's vacationing in Ohio with family and friends, so I'll answer for him.  His Jeep started out as a 1952 M38.  Same as my Blue Mule.  He's made more modifications than I have, but the result is a truly rugged trail Jeep that will go just about anywhere.  And looks good doing it too. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 29>